Armstrong blazing new trail this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstrong blazing new trail this year

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Now he's getting his own articles, if he plays like he did last preseason, I don't think the phins can get away with stashing him on the PS again..or maybe they can...but there's some teams who need WR's and he may peek their interest if we decide not to put him on the 53 man roster, I'd hate a team we're playing to pick him up..especially the way he's been burning our DB's, wouldn't want to see him on a rival team in the division..

Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, the team's two cornerback draftees, came into their NFL tenure primarily knowing each Dolphins receiver by name. Therefore, to no one's surprise, neither could name the college Armstrong attended (West Texas A&M), nor how he latched on with the Dolphins (General Manager Jeff Ireland scouted him during the season Armstrong played for the Dallas Desperados in 2007). But after going against Armstrong repeatedly the past month, and occasionally getting burnt by him, Davis and Smith agree Armstrong's speed makes him one of the squad's toughest receivers to cover, especially deep.

"If he gets behind you you're in trouble," Smith said. "Fast. Really fast!"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/sfl-dolphins-armstrong-s061609sbjun16,0,3808279.story

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. He won't last on the PS. Imagine the speed on the field with him and Ginn.

i wanna see how good / fast he really is in preseason

I guess you forgot about how well he did last PS, I thought he'd make the 53 man roster, then I held my breath when we cut him and was very happy that we signed him to the PS.

I don't think he will see the feild with Ginn, but if he does make the roster or somehow remains on the PS; Dolphins have the perfect backup for Ginn. He is a carbon copy of Ginn.

He may actually have better hands than Ginn.

"The most famous — or at least Google-friendly — Anthony Armstrong is a respected black painter. Anthony Armstrong, the football player who's fighting to remain on the Dolphins' roster, hopes to change that soon."
--
We can only hope he becomes a more famous or at least google friendly, respected black wide receiver. Thank you for that, Omar.
:rolleyes2:

I don't think he will see the feild with Ginn, but if he does make the roster or somehow remains on the PS; Dolphins have the perfect backup for Ginn. He is a carbon copy of Ginn.

He may actually have better hands than Ginn.
Dare I say it?? Ginn's replacement perhaps? :whew!:

no team is going to go crazy for armstrong there are players like that cut every year. Now at some point Armstrong may become a commodity but he and Brandon London are basically fringe NFL players at this point

I think you're right. Better get on my horse outta here :tumbleweed:

Well hopefully Ginn didn't hear you, he'll sprint over to you and then run out of bounds right before he runs into you :foundout:

no team is going to go crazy for armstrong there are players like that cut every year. Now at some point Armstrong may become a commodity but he and Brandon London are basically fringe NFL players at this point
Exactly. Receivers with blazing speed, running good routes and that for some reason the quarterbacks are looking for in practice & the starting quarterback tells the media he is proud of (while wearing a big smile) are cut all the time. People, this guy Armstrong is on the fringe, he's teetering. No team in the NFL is even mildly interested in him. The only reason his name was mentioned is Pennington & Sparano picked it out of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom