Armstrong blazing new trail this year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstrong blazing new trail this year

I think you missed the point, he had a good PS last year, it's not about an OTA, he's been growing period...you don't think other teams pick up the paper and web blogs about a player during the summer..I bet Belicheck knows about his progress...bill won't grap him because of the money he has invested in WRs, but NY Jets might.....If the guy blows up the PS this summer, I'm betting he's on someone's radar...2 good PS in a row, and good talk about his improvement...some team is keeping an eye out for acorns of their own..:up:

unless he shows something in a preseason game no team will care much about Armstrong much like last year when any team could have signed him all year. Personally not sure why we are discussing a guy who likely will not make our team and if so will be deep on the bench.

unless he shows something in a preseason game no team will care much about Armstrong much like last year when any team could have signed him all year. Personally not sure why we are discussing a guy who likely will not make our team and if so will be deep on the bench.

oh stop it -- every year this brilliant bunch is going to have a new star emerge from our development program and Armstrong is a very solid prospect this year. Be an optimist – don’t’ be afraid to think and dream on the positive side. Armstrong will be ALL PRO within 3 years – or maybe not…

:woot:

I don't disagree that he might not make the team..but we're discussing him because he's had a nice offseason, the QB and coaches have talked about him, and frankly he was featured in the article that started the thread..:up: Pretty impressive for a guy you feel we shouldn't be talking about..but PS is ahead and will give us a chance to see if we, the coaches, the QB, and media outlets should continue to keep him in the conversation.. if he goes away in TC, then we can shut him down..but if he's better than last PS and is indeed improve and can be a comodity..then he's worth conversing about as a possibility to this team or some other team..as these guys to audition for other team during ps as well. I think he was raw last year, which is why teams may have passed on him or it could be that he was cut from a team that went 1-15 the year before...but other teams maybe a little more interested in our cast off this time around..after all, talented teams usually drop acorns....someone's looking ot pick it up...we do..:D

I wouldn't be surprised if this team went with 6 WR's - Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, Turner, Hartline and Armstrong.

I think London could get beat out.

Exactly. Receivers with blazing speed, running good routes and that for some reason the quarterbacks are looking for in practice & the starting quarterback tells the media he is proud of (while wearing a big smile) are cut all the time. People, this guy Armstrong is on the fringe, he's teetering. No team in the NFL is even mildly interested in him. The only reason his name was mentioned is Pennington & Sparano picked it out of a hat.

And you know for a fact, that Armstrong is on the fringe?

And I guess no team would be interested in a receiver that can run in the 4.2's.

Seems to me since the OTA's started til now...the receiver thats been getting the most press and attention from Sparano has been Armstrong. Almost every long pass that has been caught for a TD...has been caught by Armstrong.

with the WR corps we have now a speed guy really couldn't hurt at all. just hope he has good hands.

Back
Top Bottom