Armstrong did not practice-Hamstring | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstrong did not practice-Hamstring

well this sucks...but i still think even without the vertical presence to keep the safeties deep we can win this one...we need to win this one...the raiders are ripe for the taking

Name one playmaker besides bush that can change a game in an instant, dont worry ill wait.

Ginn actually single hand-idly won one game for us and was instrumental in another. Its a sad state of affairs when you start to miss having game changers like Ted Ginn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that this was september and not December, guys show some stones and stop whining, you'regrown men for goodness sakes

you're talking about Ted Ginn that used to run out of bounds all the time LOL, give me a break

you're talking about Ted Ginn that used to run out of bounds all the time LOL, give me a break

no, he is talking about the same ted ginn who actually scored some points for this team on KR/PR's, reverses, and was a decent deep threat. The same ted ginn that was traded to the 49ers for a 5th round pick that was used on nolan carroll. The same ted ginn that has scored a combined 28pts in 2 years for the 49ers while nolan carroll gave up 14pts in one game to andre johnson. We played some pretty close games the last few seasons and we could of used those 28pts or a kick or punt return to win a game. You dont trade guys who make offensive plays and add points to the board for 4th string backup scrub CB's who never be anything more than a borderline practice squad player, it goes against football logic. Just another brilliant personnel move by Ireland.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP Anthony Armstrong also didn't participate with a hamstring injury today. Marlon Moore would likely take his spot in the WR rotation

looks like he wont play, nice pickup by ireland
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth dude. Was this not your post in another thread?

phinatic1399 said:
Proven route runner and deep threat
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...re-but&p=1064394724&highlight=#post1064394724

no, he is talking about the same ted ginn who actually scored some points for this team on KR/PR's, reverses, and was a decent deep threat. The same ted ginn that was traded to the 49ers for a 5th round pick that was used on nolan carroll. The same ted ginn that has scored a combined 28pts in 2 years for the 49ers while nolan carroll gave up 14pts in one game to andre johnson. We played some pretty close games the last few seasons and we could of used those 28pts or a kick or punt return to win a game. You dont trade guys who make offensive plays and add points to the board for 4th string backup scrub CB's who never be anything more than a borderline practice squad player, it goes against football logic. Just another brilliant personnel move by Ireland.

In terms of talent I agree but do you think the first round salary had anythng to do with it? I am a firm believer until you have the talent on board you do not let the talent go that you have. Of course the bigger issue with TG was his lack of manhood of taking a hit and how it affected the other players on the team if your trying to establish a tough guy mentality. Still he had a decent additude compared to a guy like Marshall so I would have kept him just like I would have kept Vonte.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth dude. Was this not your post in another thread?

compared to any other deep threat on this roster yes, but after doing some research the reason the redskins cut him was because his hamstring has been bothering him in camp, so this was the huge WR pickup we were expecting?

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

In terms of talent I agree but do you think the first round salary had anythng to do with it? I am a firm believer until you have the talent on board you do not let the talent go that you have. Of course the bigger issue with TG was his lack of manhood of taking a hit and how it affected the other players on the team if your trying to establish a tough guy mentality. Still he had a decent additude compared to a guy like Marshall so I would have kept him just like I would have kept Vonte.

We all came to accept the fact that he was never going to be a number 1 WR, but was it worth dumping him for a 5th round pick and using it on carroll? no it wasnt.

compared to any other deep threat on this roster yes, but after doing some research the reason the redskins cut him was because his hamstring has been bothering him in camp, so this was the huge WR pickup we were expecting?

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

We all came to accept the fact that he was never going to be a number 1 WR, but was it worth dumping him for a 5th round pick and using it on carroll? no it wasnt.
My question was Ted Ginn salary as a top 10 pick a issue on why we released him from the roster. I agree on the talent issue.

My question was Ted Ginn salary as a top 10 pick a issue on why we released him from the roster. I agree on the talent issue.

We didn't release him, we traded him. If his salary wasn't an issue for San Fran (a now winning team) why would it be an issue for us? Would we have had to pay him more than San Fran for some reason?

I know I am in the minority here, but I would love to have Marshall, Chad Johnson, Davon Bess, Hartline and Ted Ginn as our Wr's now...

Last edited by a moderator:

You have no one to blame but yourself for your expectations.

Back
Top Bottom