ARod Trade Watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARod Trade Watch

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If the Yankees unload Alex Rodriguez and don't get a third baseman back, expect to hear Scott Rolen's name. The relationship between Rolen and Cardinals manager Tony La Russa isn't good and it's getting worse. Monday the manager said his third baseman has "issues, I don't have issues. If someone walks up to him and asks him if I am his favorite manager? I don't think he is going to say yes. I am just being honest." Given a chance to respond to La Russa's words prior to last night's Game 5 of the NLCS at Busch Stadium, Rolen refused comment then joined his teammates for a pregame stretch. Rolen, 32, has four years and $54.17 million left on a contract. Despite a left shoulder that was operated on after last season and still isn't right, Rolen batted .296 with 22 homers and 95 RBIs this past year.
The more likely Chicago scenario, according to baseball sources, would involve A-Rod and the White Sox. They have more attractive pieces to offer - several pitchers, including Brandon McCarthy and Mark Buehrle as well as young third baseman Joe Crede - and Sox GM Ken Williams has a longstanding (and well known) affinity for Rodriguez. Then again, A-Rod and Sox manager Ozzie Guillen have a spotty history - Guillen criticized A-Rod during his waffling between the U.S. and Dominican teams before last spring's World Baseball Classic - so Rodriguez might not be willing to waive his no-trade clause to go there. That's why many believe that the Angels will be the biggest player among teams pushing hard for Rodriguez, with owner Arte Moreno promising a big-time move this winter. The Angels can offer an attractive package, too, with righthander Ervin Santana being a key part of any proposal.

Interesting......

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He will be a White Sox or a Marlin.:wink:

Not sure about being a White Sox, trust me I would love to have him on the Sox, but not at the expense of Joe Crede or Mark Buehrle. Now if the Yanks want Vasquez, and McCarthy then hell yeah.

Lots a rumors about the Marlins making a play also, they have what the Yanks want, young hard throwers.

I'd love to see him in Anaheim, but if the Yankees want Jared Weaver I hope it doesnt happen.

DonShula84 said:
I'd love to see him in Anaheim, but if the Yankees want Jared Weaver I hope it doesnt happen.

Weaver and Santana and not only will I give ya AROD I will throw in Pavano to boot! :sidelol:

DonShula84 said:

The rumor I've heard was

E. Santana, Figgins, and a 2nd Tier Pitching Prospect

For A-Rod

The Dodgers could make a run if they wanted to.

I see the two best suitors as the LA teams b/c of their farm system.

Cashman again came out and said they will not trade A-Rod, all though he didn't completely shut the door on it. My guess is that Cashman will trade him only if he gets exactly what he wants in return, which most people believe will be too much. I expect A-Rod to be a Yankee again in 2007.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Cashman again came out and said they will not trade A-Rod, all though he didn't completely shut the door on it. My guess is that Cashman will trade him only if he gets exactly what he wants in return, which most people believe will be too much. I expect A-Rod to be a Yankee again in 2007.

I agree with that.

AROD will only go if the Yanks get use-able parts in return. And the players they get in return won't be older guys (ie..Randy Johnson types). The Yanks are moving towards a youth movement since Cashman has taken over full control.

Cashman saying they won't trade Arod was simply for leverage. I agree he isn't going to give him away. But I do think it would only take a "good" deal to get him. Not a "great" deal.

If AROD is a Yank in 2007 I wouldn't be shocked at all. But if I were placing a bet, I would bet he ends up in another city playing ball opening day.

Back
Top Bottom