ARod Trade Watch | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARod Trade Watch

Ray Finkle said:
ARod has to drop 15 to 20 pounds though if he wants to play SS. He put on a lot more weight once he moved to 3rd and due to that doesn't have the range he once did.

He probably does have to slim down some. Though I think teams would much rather have him at SS where he was a gold glove player than 3b. As a White Sox fan I don't think he helps the team at 3B. He's going to put up better numbers than Crede but he's also going to play an inferior 3B. That team doesn't need a bat and giving up Brandon McCarthy or even Haeger for him would confirm my thoughts that Kenny Williams doesn't know what he's doing.

phunwin said:
I've heard no speculation on this, mind you, but an A-Rod for Carlos Zambrano deal would make a lot of sense all around.

BTW, a Santana, Figgins and B-prospect for A-Rod would be a steal for the Angels. I can't believe Brian Cashman would be that dumb. Santana + Weaver is much more equitable, though I suspect the Angels would insist on including some salary ballast in that deal.

Yeah...we also give them K-Rod in the deal because Mariano is getting up there in age.:rolleyes2

Seriously though I would trade Santana,Figgins and some other prospect(pitching) for Alex in a NY minute.:D

The Yanks would love to add a 3rd young arm to their staff and that is the only way AROD gets moved. For a legit front-line young pitcher. Then any throw-in's can all be worked out and I am sure the Yanks are going to be reasonable with.

Within the next 9-12 months have a front line of your staff be Wang, Hughes, and Santana. Or Wang, Hughes, and Zambrano....etc.

djfresh47 said:
I think moving A-Rod back to SS would be a wise move if a team trades for him. He's a great player but how much can the Yankees really ask for? He's a HOF player but a team isn't going to throw away the farm system for Mr. May. I think overall fans resent A-Rod because of the jack he's making whether it's fair or not. If he does go to the Cubs when they're one of the worst teams again A-Rod is going to be the guy fans criticize. Alfonso Soriano is the biggest player on the FA market and I believe more teams would want Soriano than A-Rod.

Soriano can't play the field. He hates playing LF and he will ***** about it. The only reason he didn't complain this year was because he WAS in a contract year. AROD while he had his problems this year, for the most part is a solid if not gold glove defensive player.

And the Yanks aren't going to ask for that much in return for him. They will probably want a front-line pitcher. And maybe 1 more player. Or a couple decent prospects. It's not gonna be a 6-1 trade. Just a 2-1 or 3-1 most likely

MikeO said:
Soriano can't play the field. He hates playing LF and he will ***** about it. The only reason he didn't complain this year was because he WAS in a contract year. AROD while he had his problems this year, for the most part is a solid if not gold glove defensive player.

And the Yanks aren't going to ask for that much in return for him. They will probably want a front-line pitcher. And maybe 1 more player. Or a couple decent prospects. It's not gonna be a 6-1 trade. Just a 2-1 or 3-1 most likely

Arod is easily a top 5 defensive 3rd baseman along with Lowell, Crede, Chavez and Rolen.

Many people feel lot of Arod's fielding problems were because he bulked up so much this offseason because he felt like he needed to put up even better numbers than in 2004.

Ray Finkle said:
Arod is easily a top 5 defensive 3rd baseman along with Lowell, Crede, Chavez and Rolen.

Many people feel lot of Arod's fielding problems were because he bulked up so much this offseason because he felt like he needed to put up even better numbers than in 2004.

I've gotta factor in what he did this year. Those 4 you mentioned are much better defensive 3rd baseman. A-Rod was much better in previous years defensively but I can't throw out a season where he committed 24 errors and think of him as one of the best defensive 3B. Maybe if he comes back and reverts back to his previous form then i'll consider it. He was the best defensive SS and still put up the numbers so that is why I think a team should move him back if he's traded. Just me thinking but wasn't A-Rod having a pretty good September but then the postseason starts and he's dropped to 6th than to 8th in the order. I don't think the Yankees have any confidence in him during the postseason. I've never seen a great player like A-Rod is come to the postseason and be an easy out. In the AL I don't think he puts a team over the top aside from the Angels because most of the teams lack pitching or don't have the money for A-Rod. Now in the National League he can go there and put a team on his back.

djfresh47 said:
I've gotta factor in what he did this year. Those 4 you mentioned are much better defensive 3rd baseman. A-Rod was much better in previous years defensively but I can't throw out a season where he committed 24 errors and think of him as one of the best defensive 3B. Maybe if he comes back and reverts back to his previous form then i'll consider it. He was the best defensive SS and still put up the numbers so that is why I think a team should move him back if he's traded. Just me thinking but wasn't A-Rod having a pretty good September but then the postseason starts and he's dropped to 6th than to 8th in the order. I don't think the Yankees have any confidence in him during the postseason. I've never seen a great player like A-Rod is come to the postseason and be an easy out. In the AL I don't think he puts a team over the top aside from the Angels because most of the teams lack pitching or don't have the money for A-Rod. Now in the National League he can go there and put a team on his back.

On this AROD postseason thing.

He wasn't an easy out in Seattle when those teams made the playoffs (look at the numbers). And in the 2004 playoffs vs Minny in the ALDS and the first 3 games vs Boston of the ALCS his numbers were better than good.

Now, you can't ignore the last 4 games vs Boston. The 3 games vs LAA and the 3 games vs Detroit. This is a what have you done for me latley world also, but you can't just ignore his postseason numbers in Seattle and hte early ones in NY. Ya can't do it and still be fair.

MikeO said:

He wasn't an easy out in Seattle when those teams made the playoffs (look at the numbers). And in the 2004 playoffs vs Minny in the ALDS and the first 3 games vs Boston of the ALCS his numbers were better than good.

Now, you can't ignore the last 4 games vs Boston. The 3 games vs LAA and the 3 games vs Detroit. This is a what have you done for me latley world also, but you can't just ignore his postseason numbers in Seattle and hte early ones in NY. Ya can't do it and still be fair.

This is an awful trend.. Mickey Mantle had a awful like 4-28 postseason stretch with 1 RBI and he recovered nicely.. I think Alex has a better chance for full redemption with the Yanks, but should probably just save his image with a lesser team..

GreenMonster said:
This is an awful trend.. Mickey Mantle had a awful like 4-28 postseason stretch with 1 RBI and he recovered nicely.. I think Alex has a better chance for full redemption with the Yanks, but should probably just save his image with a lesser team..

I am sure if the Mick had to deal with ESPN,, sports talk radio, and 50,000,000,000,000 Internet websites he would have been tagged a "choker" and a "loser" among other things as well.

MikeO said:
I am sure if the Mick had to deal with ESPN,, sports talk radio, and 50,000,000,000,000 Internet websites he would have been tagged a "choker" and a "loser" among other things as well.

Granted the media thing is overkill to the point where I actually feel bad for the guy because he can never catch a break. But the Yankee fans and also Jeter have to take a hit with the Arod thing. He was never excepted as being a member of the team because he made some comments about Jeter in 2001. Jeter never forgave the guy and from all reports Jeter makes Arod's life in the clubhouse hell, and the guy is the captain of the team.

People can blame the media, ESPN, internet or whatever but the bottom line is Yankee fans are smart fans and they know that Arod is a basketcase and not comfortable, so maybe if they lay off him and cheer the guy and back him he might do better.

MikeO said:

He had very strong numbers with Seattle in the postseason. His last 10 games he has been bad. If Joe Torre had any confidence in him would he move him down to 6th at the start of the postseason? It can't be a physical thing because he's a great player and was good in the postseason. I'm not going to look it up but are the Yankees really 1-10 in there last 11 postseason games? Untill A-Rod has a big postseason with the Yankees people are going to say he can't handle the pressure. I think it's the pressure of New York not the pressure of the postseason.

djfresh47 said:
He had very strong numbers with Seattle in the postseason. His last 10 games he has been bad. If Joe Torre had any confidence in him would he move him down to 6th at the start of the postseason? It can't be a physical thing because he's a great player and was good in the postseason. I'm not going to look it up but are the Yankees really 1-10 in there last 11 postseason games? Untill A-Rod has a big postseason with the Yankees people are going to say he can't handle the pressure. I think it's the pressure of New York not the pressure of the postseason.

looking up his postseason #s w/ Seattle they aren't as good as they look on the surface. Obviously they were alot better than they have been here and i'd take them but he only had 2 hits w/ RISP in 3 series +(he had 2 ABs in the '95 playoffs).

bump:

So where is this now?

With the yanks giving up on Sheff, are they still looking to trade AROD?

Plus, they got a boat load for Gary, I think it would take more for him.

Chavez Ravine said:
bump:

So where is this now?

With the yanks giving up on Sheff, are they still looking to trade AROD?

Plus, they got a boat load for Gary, I think it would take more for him.

Everyone from Cashman to Arod to Boras say Arod will be on the Yankees next year but if the right deal comes along I'm sure Cashman will try to work something out.

Back
Top Bottom