Aromashodu agrees to terms | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aromashodu agrees to terms

I love this guy ! I think he is a big time sleeper. He can make plays and i hope he gets his chance to showcase his ability to Saban and staff.

Hopefully CK is right. I don't want a Jason Allen holdout.

This signing should light a fire under the azz of Hagan's agent.

I have a gut feeling, that Allen will sign. I think Saban and co. wanna get this deal done soon. He only can hurt himself if he holds out.

Imo saban's long time relationship with Allen will make it easier than it was with Ronnie.
And it should be harder to agree the terms with the no.2 overall than the 16th.
We'll get Allen signed on time

Finally! We need to get them all signed. Not that i'm in a hurry.:D

Gardenhead said:
Hopefully CK is right. I don't want a Jason Allen holdout.

This signing should light a fire under the azz of Hagan's agent.

jason allen won't be holding out, he doesn't have a leg to stand...you know i almost typed this whole sentence out without noticing the cheesy pun...wow...

Saban4prez said:
jason allen won't be holding out, he doesn't have a leg to stand...you know i almost typed this whole sentence out without noticing the cheesy pun...wow...

You guys think he's still injured???

Good, I was seeing all these other rookies get signed and wasn't hereing anything about ours. i was starting to wonder what was up. I do find the four year deals a little strange. most lower round picks get a two year contract at most. yet it appears all our 7th rounders are getting four year deals. i hope it all works out.

Here's more about the deal & other news-The Dolphins reached contract terms with receiver Devin Aromashodu, the first of six draftees the team hopes to have under contract when training camp opens July 29.
Aromashodu, a Miami Springs High graduate who was one of three players Miami selected in the seventh round in April, agreed to a four-year deal worth approximately $1.7 million. The deal carries yearly salaries of $275,000 in 2006, $360,000 in 2007, 445,000 in 2008 and $530,000 in 2009.
The Dolphins are expected to announce the signing of Aromashodu and three other rookies within the next week. According to a source, the team is expected to soon sign defensive tackle Fred Evans, defensive tackle Rod Wright and fourth-round pick Joe Toledo.
Messages to those players' agents went unreturned.
Evans and Wright also are expected to sign four-year contracts. Toledo and the Dolphins discussed four- and three-year deals, with the four-year deal more likely.
The Dolphins also were expected to begin contract negotiations with first-round pick Jason Allen this week. Allen, who expected to compete for a starting safety position, recently underwent arthroscopic knee surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp.
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga has said he doesn't want rookies to hold out this summer.
Last summer, running back Ronnie Brown signed three weeks after the start of training camp and had a slow start during the regular season, which coach Nick Saban said was partially a result of the late signing.
Agent Mitch Frankel, who represents Allen, said recently he does not foresee an extended contract holdout for his client.

[mod] in the future, please provide a link and don't post complete articles [/mod]

I'm shocked with how early we are signing the seventh rounders...I thought Aromashodu would be fighting for a roster spot. With Kelly Campbell and Derek Hagan, is this the end of Wes Welker's time in Miami?

How many WRs will we keep on the roster?

phinMikeDC said:
I'm shocked with how early we are signing the seventh rounders...I thought Aromashodu would be fighting for a roster spot. With Kelly Campbell and Derek Hagan, is this the end of Wes Welker's time in Miami?

How many WRs will we keep on the roster?

I think it is unless he outperforms Kelly Cambell. Then I think Cambell might be the one getting cut.

Back
Top Bottom