Around he horn (Alexander) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around he horn (Alexander)

ckparrothead said:
I don't think either will be a Phin. The Dolphins are in trouble with the salary cap and neither player will be as willing to take less money as you guys think they are. Edgerrin and Alexander are both very money-conscious players. They will not take much less than they are worth, to play in Miami. And right now, I'll tell you that Alexander is probably shooting to at least duplicate Clinton Portis' contract, while Edge is probably thinking more along the lines of "Ricky Williams money"

They are both money conscience players? How do you know this?

Ricky Williams money is not ridiculous. It actually would be very appropriate and reasonable.

It's really just all speculation right now regardless of who we look at. Everyone keeps commenting on our sarlary cap, fact is, our salary cap today and our salary came come May or June will be two different things. If Surtain is traded and depending on who we cut/who restructures their contracts we may or may not be in a good position for a free agent or two. Also, if Edge and Alexander want to come here as has been reported, then maybe they too help the cap with a can/team friendly contract just to go where they want to go. So for those saying our salary cap is not in favor of us signing anyone, hold off until we see what is done Personnel wise.

knight6jb said:
3 of the 4 guys on around the horn are convince that Alexander will be in a dolphins uniform next season, woody paige was the only that disagreed, saying he would get te tag and walter jones would be gone. I really do believe that Edge is gonna be a phin next year just because he will probably take less money to come home, but alot of people sure are talking about Alexander as a Dolphin next year. If not, I'm pretty sure Miami will get a RB in FA. What are your thoughts?
I really don't know why you think edge will take less money, and it's not just you I have seen quite a few people with the same opinion. I don't have a quote, and I'm not sure of the exact wording, but I'm fairly sure I remember edge saying something to the effect of him being in it only for the money. He wanted to get his and retire young. He will never be a dolphin!

James is finally back to his normal self, we all saw what he could do this year both running and recieving the ball......he just didnt get the TD's cause Manning is nuts lol

So James all the way!! but who wouldnt want Alexander!?

Like some people in here are morons!!! They're like "oh we want Lamont Jordan" and a bunch of "unproven" players, why risk it with an unproven player over a proven "dominate" player??? doesnt make much sence to me.

Phin_Phan said:
Like some people in here are morons!!! They're like "oh we want Lamont Jordan" and a bunch of "unproven" players, why risk it with an unproven player over a proven "dominate" player??? doesnt make much sence to me.
I think Denver has proven it over and over again, that a good line and system can turn average backs into good to great backs. O-line is a much greater priority then rb. At least in my opinion.

IMO, I think Jordan is a risk, only because he's had a very minimal role so far in his career.

Yeah, he's produced, but not with the likes of Edge or Shaun.

He may wind up being a great back, but right now he's shown me just about as much as Gordon when it comes to being the main back.

How much will Shaun Alexander want? Does SA money=Clinton Portis money, 8 year/50.5 million dollars w/ a 17 million bonus? That is a big commitment to a RB that turns 28 this year.

hi all
the perfect fix for both clubs, would be the colts edge for dolphins Surtain
Colts need a great cover corner, Dolphins need a power back
its a Done Deal

It's flat out stupid.

Why not try and get a great RB either Edge, Alexander, or one of the options, plus a good draft pick for Surtain, instead of just the RB.

Why the hell would we ever want to do a sign and trade?

Jaj said:
Why the hell would we ever want to do a sign and trade?
This is not the NBA...there is no such thing as a "sign and trade" in the NFL. When you trade a player the entire signing bonus portion of the contract goes against the cap. That is why there are almost never player for player deals in the NFL.

Exactly that's my point. I would think after 5000+ posts I'd hopefully have realized that...

It was Jay Mariotti - I get to see PTI and Around the Horn every night, really like them, funny programmes.

I think Edge makes more sense - he's local and cheaper.

I would not object to Shaun though.

Back
Top Bottom