Around he horn (Alexander) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around he horn (Alexander)

I thought a big free agent signing was something we are not in position to do right now considering our salary cap issues. Alexander would no doubt demand a high price, if not one of the highest in the NFL for RB's considering he was the second leading rusher last year. Plus theres the whole issue about his complaining of not getting that one extra yard, hinting at the fact that maybe winning is not his number one priority. And when you consider that Saban disliked this aspect of the NFL when he was coaching in Cleveland, I begin to doubt this transaction will ever happen.

But dont get me wrong, ALexander is THE guy I've been wanting in a fin uniform next year. We'll see I guess.

I would rather spend the money on FA O-L.
With 4-5 good backs in the draft and a vet OL picks up the NFL game faster, I'd rather go with a rookie RB. Give AJ some time in the pocket,we could be good next season.

Hey Everybody !

Really like Alexander. Too many injuries with James. Unless he was willing to play for the minimum and a boatload of bonuses. I have a feeling Alexander's gonna want MAJOR cash.

What is everyone's opinion on Zereoue ? Too much like the backs we have now ?
Question - Anyone know who's more the fumbler - Cadillac, Benson or Brown. I couldn't get this question answered on any of the 'sites I checked out.

TRADE OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND !!!!! THE VALUE IS IN THE SECOND !!!!!

steveincolorado said:
I would rather spend the money on FA O-L.
With 4-5 good backs in the draft and a vet OL picks up the NFL game faster, I'd rather go with a rookie RB. Give AJ some time in the pocket,we could be good next season.
Agreed, if we are eventually able to throw some big money at someone, my vote would be for Walter Jones over Alexander or James & take a back in the draft....

I would take ALexadner over Edge.

Just like Brees, Edge will get franchised.

I don't think either will be a Phin. The Dolphins are in trouble with the salary cap and neither player will be as willing to take less money as you guys think they are. Edgerrin and Alexander are both very money-conscious players. They will not take much less than they are worth, to play in Miami. And right now, I'll tell you that Alexander is probably shooting to at least duplicate Clinton Portis' contract, while Edge is probably thinking more along the lines of "Ricky Williams money"

knight6jb said:
3 of the 4 guys on around the horn are convince that Alexander will be in a dolphins uniform next season, woody paige was the only that disagreed, saying he would get te tag and walter jones would be gone. I really do believe that Edge is gonna be a phin next year just because he will probably take less money to come home, but alot of people sure are talking about Alexander as a Dolphin next year. If not, I'm pretty sure Miami will get a RB in FA. What are your thoughts?
Around the Horn=s***y show

I would rather have Walter Jones... I would prefer that the Seahawks franchise Alexander... Edge and Alexander are both gonna demand big contracts, and in the year where RB are easier to find it will work against them.

I would rather Sign Jones, and trade for Henry.

Back
Top Bottom