Around the Horn: Buy or Sell Miami the Best Defense with Junior Seau? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Horn: Buy or Sell Miami the Best Defense with Junior Seau?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Breaking news from the Miami Herald that an agreement has been reached that will send Junior Seau the 11 time pro bowler to the Miami Dolphins. Buy or Sell on Miami's defense as possibly the best in the NFL.

Jay Mariotti: Sell. They'll be good, but Tampa Bay is the world champion and they will still be the best until taken down. Miami's D won't be as good as Tampa's.

Bob Ryan: Sell. Miami's defense will be AMONG the best but not the best, that will probably be Tampa.

TJ Simers: Sell. Junior Seau is 34 and on the decline of his career, he would mean a lot more to his team in San Diego than he does in Miami and will not be huge for them. They'll be very good and a piece of the puzzle, but sell on the best in the league.

Woody Paige: BUY! Always gotta clean up for you guys, you guys are nuts Miami had the 5th best run defense in the league, the 8th best pass defense, and Junior Seau is STILL one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league when healthy. He will bring that defense PAST Tampa Bay and they will be dominant.

TJ Simers fired back that Seau was NEVER one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league, because he's out of control on the field.

ArOUnddd...the HOOOOOOOOoooorrrrrrrrrnnn....

I'm thinking...

I like Woody Paige's view...

but the key is the defense doesn't need to be the best...

the whole team does...and this move does improve the team.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Breaking news from the Miami Herald that an agreement has been reached that will send Junior Seau the 11 time pro bowler to the Miami Dolphins. Buy or Sell on Miami's defense as possibly the best in the NFL.

Jay Mariotti: Sell. They'll be good, but Tampa Bay is the world champion and they will still be the best until taken down. Miami's D won't be as good as Tampa's.

Bob Ryan: Sell. Miami's defense will be AMONG the best but not the best, that will probably be Tampa.

TJ Simers: Sell. Junior Seau is 34 and on the decline of his career, he would mean a lot more to his team in San Diego than he does in Miami and will not be huge for them. They'll be very good and a piece of the puzzle, but sell on the best in the league.

Woody Paige: BUY! Always gotta clean up for you guys, you guys are nuts Miami had the 5th best run defense in the league, the 8th best pass defense, and Junior Seau is STILL one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league when healthy. He will bring that defense PAST Tampa Bay and they will be dominant.

TJ Simers fired back that Seau was NEVER one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league, because he's out of control on the field.

ArOUnddd...the HOOOOOOOOoooorrrrrrrrrnnn....

Finally, I find someone that loves Around the Hoooooorrrrrrrn too.

I can hear that now, and Woody is the only one that understands the situation, lol.

I love Woody. I thought I was in bizarro world the other day when I flipped on Around the Horn and saw that Woody Paige had won the final say.

I also like Woody Paige and Around the Horn but I would Sell on this one. C'mon, we all saw what Tampa did to Oakland. With T-Buck, Seau, and Zgonia our D is vastly improved and will be among the top 3 again statistically. With their additions, it should put them over the hump and allow them to finish the game strong. That's all we need.

But to say Seau puts us above Tampa is a big reach IMO

Hate To Go With A Bills Fan..

SELL!

Miami will have a great defense and all...

BUT Tampa is the best defense in football, no QUESTION about it.

Miami The Number 2 Defense in the league?
BUY!

You have to prove it on the field no doubt.

as good as Tampa...that's a big statement...

but improved...definitely.

Ok...what if we get Sammy Knight??? Number 1 defense???

Buy Buy Buy...

yep.. one of the 3 best defenses in the league.. upgrade the defensive coordinator and who knows.. maybe the best since '72

Sometimes I wonder if our players on defense WANT be the best defense in the league.

They keep talkin about being one of the best. Screw that. Go out there and say it for everyone to hear, we're the best in the league and now we're gonna show it.

They have the most talent, they are an extremely high paid defense. They have the pedigree, the stats, the history. Be a man and make a statement. Say, "we're the best, and now we're gonna go out there and be the best and thats all there is to it"

If they believed in their defensive coordinator more, they might actually say something like that.

Woody Paige was acting like a dumba$$ all show long. He was just trying to be funny and he made no sense half the time, that is why I don't like the show. Those goofballs make good points half the time, and the other half they make no sense at all.

Around the Horn is growing on me but I still like PTI a lot better. I don't usually get a chance to watch ATH but it happened to be on while I was at the gym today so I watched the piece you're talking about here and I'd have say HOLD on this one. While Tampa's defense was awesome last year it's impossible to say that they're going to play up to those same standards yet again and the same goes for our 'Fins.

At this point however, I would give the edge to the Bucs simply because they've proven that they CAN be the #1 defense, and they've proven that they CAN ride that defense all the way to the top. They also didn't really lose anyone, but the question will be whether or not a group of aging veterans such as those on the Bucs, who have already achieved the crown, will be as hungry a second time around.

Back
Top Bottom