Around the horn: "Dolphins offered Smith 3 years 26 million" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn: "Dolphins offered Smith 3 years 26 million"

houtz

"guess who's back, back again"
Club Member
Reaction score
They were discussing the Alex Smith situation and the woman mentioned Miami offered Smith 3 years 26 million. Not sure if she meant to say the 49ers but last I heard they only offered 24 million.

Just thought it was interesting.

Nah he's going back to 49s..............

I heard it also, was about to post on here but i figured someone else would. made me raise an eyebrow, I like the fact that it wasnt any longer. Let him earn his stay if he comes to miami.

That's not bad. If I were him, I would never take less money to go and play for a team that tried to replace me. Even if they are better than Miami right now. I'm sure Smith has some sense of pride.

well if we're offering 8 Million a year, that's a bit more but at this point I think if they really want Smith they have to offer him a little more than just 2 million more than SanFran

he used us as leverage against the 9ers...probably will squeeze a 4th year out of them...no bigger smile than alex smiths when peyton chose the broncos

by the way, is anyone else sick of hearing about Payton Manning. Enough already. I'm so glad he chose Denver just so I don't have to hear about Manning all day.

Smith isn't signing here. He doesn't really want to be here.

well if reports are to believed, he's also sick and tired of San Fran constantly trying to replace him even when he does perform well (his last 3 years he's beeon ok to good when he plays)

I do agree he probably won't come (he is a Cali kid) but he's not happy either.

If Smith was coming here, I think he would've signed by now honestly.

I'm praying that the 49'ers re-sign Alex Smith. Alex Smith completely sucks.
I may be alone on this one, but id be happy if we land Alex. The guys has played in 5-6 offenses in his 7 years. No consistancy in his coaching staff. He had a good year last year. Only reason he didn't take them to the super bowl was because of a rookie WR that had a case of the fumbles. Alex has a strong arm and I think he would shine in the west cost scheme.

by the way, is anyone else sick of hearing about Payton Manning. Enough already. I'm so glad he chose Denver just so I don't have to hear about Manning all day.

Feel lucky. I likely get to spend the next few years of my life hearing about Manning all day, I live in Denver. :err:

Back
Top Bottom