Around the horn: "Dolphins offered Smith 3 years 26 million" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn: "Dolphins offered Smith 3 years 26 million"

If he was planning on signing with us, he would have done it already, IMO. I think he's going back to SF to try to squeeze a little bit more out of the 49ers, and then he'll take their best offer.

It's gonna take something drastic for him to want to leave one of the best teams in the NFL and come here to this mess.

If we're only offering 2 million more over the same 3 year contract than I think he'll end up back in SF. I think Harbaugh can talk to him and mend some fences. It's really not a big difference in money and I could even see SF matching that.

I think if we really want Alex Smith than we're going to have to offer him a bigger contract, or a longer one.

I would rather have John Beck back then sign Alex Smith! Crawl back to SF you little bitch!

Atleast we didnt "Lowball him".

Ehhh, I think we did...when you want a guy to leave the state he's been in all his life, leave a winning team, leave a great coach, uproot the whole family....you have to overpay....the Dolphins don't really want this guy, they are just trying to save face....and he really doesn't want to come here IMO....he just wanted to show SF that other teams want him as well.

So basically we went out on a date with Smith, held hands a bit, copped a quick feel, and maybe a kiss on the cheek, and now he's running back home to his true love.

I bet ireland is finding out a hell of alot more than Cleveland knows. I believe there is a method to the madness. particularly when the FO is shut down and the only info you get is from the outside.

Tebow will be stuck in Denver. He will get cut, and we will come a calling. its called devine intervention.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

oh according to mike lombardi, Miami does not have a QB. So Matt Moore, basically your a scrub.

Ehhh, I think we did...when you want a guy to leave the state he's been in all his life, leave a winning team, leave a great coach, uproot the whole family....you have to overpay....the Dolphins don't really want this guy, they are just trying to save face....and he really doesn't want to come here IMO....he just wanted to show SF that other teams want him as well.

So basically we went out on a date with Smith, held hands a bit, copped a quick feel, and maybe a kiss on the cheek, and now he's running back home to his true love.

Not so sure the Smith thing is completely over. I did see a ticker thing on NFLN saying Wyche says Miami is done with the QB carousel.
Basically, Harbaugh is now going to have to kiss Smith's azz a little, but the dude did not accept the original contract offer. Not exactly smooth sailing here folks.

Alex Smith sucks and is far from a consolidation prize. I hope he signs elsewhere to be quiet honest. Last thing we need is another mediocre QB to set us back. Hate to say it this early but... Blow 4 Barkley.

3 years and 26 million...........FO ignorance is mind boggling, and these guys are so called "professionals"

Smith will stay in SF despite our stupidity.......thank you God

Well one thing this offseason proves for the Dolphins is they better draft their own qb, because nobody wants to come here as a free agent.

Oh that's great, now the 9ers will be forced to over pay for Alex Smith. As for Manning, I got excited he was coming here, especially when Schefter picked him to come here. When we traded Brandon Marshall, I knew he wasn't coming here, and found the timing of that trade to be highly suspicious, as if we were sending a message to Manning.

I lost my respect for Elway for going back on his word on Tebow, and for Manning for sub-planting Tebow, a player trying to make it in the NFL at his favourite position. It will be interesting to see where Tebow ends up.

As for Manning, what if his neck has issues, there better be an escape clause in his contract, if he re-inures himself.

Schefter made it sound like it was a logical choice to have himself choose Miami.

d-1

Well one thing this offseason proves for the Dolphins is they better draft their own qb, because nobody wants to come here as a free agent.

Sad to say it - but yeah...I never thought that people would not want to play for my team. However, **** 'em all, let's play. I hope we play Denver next year and destroy Manning.

Back
Top Bottom