Arrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrington

ShootinBlanks

Scout Team
Reaction score
Well enough of the QB talk...for a day or so anyway with Brees not here until Sunday. Is anyone else excited about the possibility of adding Arrington? Saban should be able to keep him in line and he wants to be in Miami which could help with the money he probably wants. I just think he could be a monster for us on the D. This is probably the most excited I have been for a while in the offseason with all the possible pick ups we may get. Even David Givens could be a nice addition for us.

ShootinBlanks said:
Well enough of the QB talk...for a day or so anyway with Brees not here until Sunday. Is anyone else excited about the possibility of adding Arrington? Saban should be able to keep him in line and he wants to be in Miami which could help with the money he probably wants. I just think he could be a monster for us on the D. This is probably the most excited I have been for a while in the offseason with all the possible pick ups we may get. Even David Givens could be a nice addition for us.

same here! i'd love to see him

i dont think people are getting over excited for this cuz imo its not too realistic, i think he will be commanding money we cannot afford

if the money is right bring him along, i feel we need to improve big time on D if we are going to make a run next year for the big game.

His Agent already said he WILL NOT BE CHEAP! He is a react LB and not a very smart one. I would much rather have Julian Peterson who is very very talented and can play many positions and really wants to come to Miami. Arrington will say he will go any where to get money. Peterson is better value and less of a problem!

I would agree except for the injury, however I think he can recover. All it takes are good clauses in the contract to make sure the Fins have an out route.

Atila said:
i dont think people are getting over excited for this cuz imo its not too realistic, i think he will be commanding money we cannot afford

Money which he's not worth. The smart, successful organizations rarely get desperate and overspend.
Arrington has some character issues and his reputation has been tarnished to some extent. That alone should bring his value down a notch.

Skeet84 said:
His Agent already said he WILL NOT BE CHEAP!

Indeed.

He apparently bought his way out.

Theres alot that want new contracts, but not many willing to give money back, in order to go get one.

We all have our opinions about Lavar so I'll throw my :2c: in as well. I think it would be awesome to sign him assuming we don't break the bank. Crowder, Thomas and Lavar on the field? Come on now.....

He's young and energentic but needs discipline on the field at times. That is a learned behavior that can be taught him. Miami has his old LB coach who is very familiar with his skills and attitude.

I have 3 authentic jerseys (Taylor, Thomas & Williams). If Arrington signs....I'll have 4. I love the idea!!

:pray:

I would simply love to get Arrington, but I just don't think we will. There are so many potential free agent acquisitions that I honestly don't even who we'll pick come draft time.

Arrington is a risk/reward type of player, whose agent is probably asking too much for him right now.

I would say the later Lavar stays on the market the more we might be inclined to take a chance on him, but I don't think Nick is going to give him a big contract off the bat. He'll let someone else take that chance first.

....I doubt Saban is keen on throwing big money on overpriced athletes who cannot cover passes or win a starting job over journeymen LB's on their previous teams. So in short, no, I don't see this happening, nor do I want to....

I am just so excited that the Dolphins are in the mix on everyone... It seems that for the first time in a long time, players feel this is a great place to play. With the names like Arrington, Adams, Brees and Culpepper being bandied about it feels good to be a fin fan... Obviously Saban has his head on straight and word is getting out... Adams in the middle and Arrington would address two defensive issues and provide depth at positions we need... Then we can stay at 16 and shore up the O-line in the draft or grab a corner... Needless to say Croyle or Whitehurst in the 2nd round playing behind Brees or Culpepper... WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE?

Back
Top Bottom