Arrmando: Rishard Mathews asked to be released/traded Dolphins said no | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrmando: Rishard Mathews asked to be released/traded Dolphins said no

Oh lord . Get rid of his ass too . Im tired of guys bitching and moaning about how "hard" or unfair their job is . They're blessed to play in the nfl . He needs to shut the **** up and grow up .

This was during the training camp when he saw the writing on the wall that he wasnt a top 4 wr going into the regular season for 2014...things are different now hes got a golden opportunity and in a contract year...

This was during the training camp when he saw the writing on the wall that he wasnt a top 4 wr going into the regular season for 2014...things are different now hes got a golden opportunity and in a contract year...

I don't think the writing was on the wall, Both Hartline and Gibson lost snaps and targets, so there was opportunity for Matthews.

Kid just either doesn't study or can't pick up NFL level offenses.

I noticed this was a problem when every time he got on the field they had to pull him off after every play and explain how to read the defense and what he was suppose to do. This happened when Gibson and Hartline both were injured, and it was the end if the season.

He still had no clue what he was doing.

I saw the same thing under lazors offense, he would make a great catch, and than back to the sidelines to get coached up.

We're releasing everyone but him and Landry. I've liked Rishard but he didn't impress me a ton on Lazor's offense.

Yeah this doesn't make sense if he recently said this. He has to be pumped to make a push now with Hartline and Gibson gone. I really like Matthews I can't wait till he proves everyone wrong!

I don't think the writing was on the wall, Both Hartline and Gibson lost snaps and targets, so there was opportunity for Matthews.

Kid just either doesn't study or can't pick up NFL level offenses.

I noticed this was a problem when every time he got on the field they had to pull him off after every play and explain how to read the defense and what he was suppose to do. This happened when Gibson and Hartline both were injured, and it was the end if the season.

He still had no clue what he was doing.

I saw the same thing under lazors offense, he would make a great catch, and than back to the sidelines to get coached up.

Hartline didnt lose snaps til he did nothing with them gibson was being pressed by landry but mathews was the odd man out going in...the 5th wr...most his run on specials

And yeah hes had plenty of issues iding coverage and i think that lack of trust to do things right played into it also

I thought the whole narrative was that Joe couldn't handle difficult talents?!?!?!...
Yet they are keeping this kid?

How could that be

I thought the whole narrative was that Joe couldn't handle difficult talents?!?!?!...
Yet they are keeping this kid?

How could that be

Because the FO realizes he's too good of a deal to pass up. It isn't for lack of Philbin trying to get rid of him. He tried when Ireland was the GM but Ireland refused. Now Hickey and Tannenbaum refuse. But these days in particular I don't think Philbin wields much influence. That's why the Wallace-as-problem-child angle is overblown. This is a financial/performance decision. That Philbin appears to be on board for different reasons doesn't hurt, but it's not the reason why it's going to happen.

Let him go too. No big loss. Cant learn the playbook and gets team suspensions? Find someone BETTER. Hes like a Rasheed Wallace clone...teases with talent then never does squat.

it's no coincidence nobody wants to play for this coaching staff

Its no coincidence they have crappy attitudes and dont show up for meetings.

Why wouldnt anyone want to play with a rising Tannehill and a very good OC in Lazor? You cant have everything. but I guess thats what they want when they dont get their way.

Does he still feel this way after Hartline and Gibson were cut?? He is not likely to get more touches elsewhere.

This kid could make an absolute killing if he was smart enough.

He's just seen two of his biggest competitors get canned. He has between now and the draft to show he's the 3rd starter and force the team not to draft a WR until late - therefore another prospect who needs developing.

Study your ass off - work your ass off and you will be rewarded Rishard as you are talented - then take those talents to the open market. Sign a FA deal for several millions and you're sorted for the rest of your life - if you are smart with your money...

It's a big ask for someone who has a load of talent but just doesn't quite seem to get it - will he/won't he... I guess we will see - but I for one am keen to see this kid see more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom