Article calls out Players - Right On Target! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article calls out Players - Right On Target!

Rich22

Phin DieHard!
Reaction score
http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=133

This article calls out 10 players who need to step it up. Totally agree although I would have added a couple more like Hadnot and Spragan. I also would have liked to seen Mularkey and Houck have a # assigned because they deserve to be on the hot seat as well right now. They haven't proven that their systems can work together or in Miami in today's game.

I have one comment about that article and it's the part about Tillman being out of position on the TD to Scialfe.....I heard kieth Byars talking about that play and how fans who saw the game on TV would get the misconception that Tillman was supposed to have coverag. He said, watching the play from the field, he saw that the Dolphins were in a coverage that isolated ZT on the TE and Tillman was covering his man toward the sideline. When Travares saw Zach getting beat, he left his man and tried to get over to the middle to help but, he couldn't get there in time.....Byars said, he also saw it on TV and it made Tillman look like he was late but, in reality he wasn't even supposed to be there. He said it was a perfect play-call and read by the Titans.

ck always has such great insight. i'll read any of his posts. well written article. Thanks for the link and thanks CK!

Those 10 need to step up for sure. I would have ordered them different, but they need to step up. Esp. C-Pep

I love how that fan just put the media on the spot on all the negative press, even with a win, on the Saban Show. Boy did he studder through his answer. PRICELESS

do not doubt houston at all
although their 0-3 and their defense is last in the nfl we barely moved the ball against tennessee and houston's offense is MUCH better then the titans offense this is going to be a battle of will as well
hard to say who will get the win

I will be at that game and the Phins are 2-0 when I am in attendance! The Texans are prime for a breakout (Carr has the best QB rating in the NFL) and our old nemesis Eric Moulds will be playing opposite the U's finest all-around WR at the present moment, Andre Johnson. And to think the Lions picked Charles Rogers over Andre Johnson!? Their logic back then was baffling.

ItsOurTime32 said:
do not doubt houston at all
although their 0-3 and their defense is last in the nfl we barely moved the ball against tennessee and houston's offense is MUCH better then the titans offense this is going to be a battle of will as well
hard to say who will get the win

we must improve our play from last week if we expect to win.

tdmiami said:
Nice read. Was the call on Dauntes TD pass to CC fair? was it challanged??

It wasn't challenged, but I bet if Nick Saban could have foreseen the false start penalty we got that forced Daunte to run it in from 5 yards out, he would have challenged it.

The problem with the challenge was that they initially called it a TD and then they called it down at the half-yard mark. If they'd called it a TD, the burden would have been on the Titans to show indisputable evidence that the ball did not cross...but since the head umpire overruled the guy who called it a touchdown after conferring for a while, that means we would have had to show clear proof that the ball did cross. The camera footage was insufficient to really do that because of some shadows underneath Chambers.

It was a TD. Pure and simple. The line judge called it. It should have stood.

Back
Top Bottom