Article calls out Players - Right On Target! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article calls out Players - Right On Target!

inFINSible said:
I have one comment about that article and it's the part about Tillman being out of position on the TD to Scialfe.....I heard kieth Byars talking about that play and how fans who saw the game on TV would get the misconception that Tillman was supposed to have coverag. He said, watching the play from the field, he saw that the Dolphins were in a coverage that isolated ZT on the TE and Tillman was covering his man toward the sideline. When Travares saw Zach getting beat, he left his man and tried to get over to the middle to help but, he couldn't get there in time.....Byars said, he also saw it on TV and it made Tillman look like he was late but, in reality he wasn't even supposed to be there. He said it was a perfect play-call and read by the Titans.

Great point.....I'm sure that there of tons of plays like that every year where fans and media are unfarily holding players accountable for plays that they had no fault in.

Saban said R.McMichael played the best game vs the titans that he's played in a long time.

don't think randy belongs on that list after hearing that.

inFINSible said:
I have one comment about that article and it's the part about Tillman being out of position on the TD to Scialfe.....I heard kieth Byars talking about that play and how fans who saw the game on TV would get the misconception that Tillman was supposed to have coverag. He said, watching the play from the field, he saw that the Dolphins were in a coverage that isolated ZT on the TE and Tillman was covering his man toward the sideline. When Travares saw Zach getting beat, he left his man and tried to get over to the middle to help but, he couldn't get there in time.....Byars said, he also saw it on TV and it made Tillman look like he was late but, in reality he wasn't even supposed to be there. He said it was a perfect play-call and read by the Titans.

That is the same play we get beat on for a TD every game so far, why they continue to isolate Zack Thomas on a TE with no safety help downfield is beyond me. I would have thought this one would be written out of the playbooks after the Heath Miller TD.

bluehaze said:
That is the same play we get beat on for a TD every game so far, why they continue to isolate Zack Thomas on a TE with no safety help downfield is beyond me. I would have thought this one would be written out of the playbooks after the Heath Miller TD.

That was an incredible catch - you can't cover that catch. However, Zach cannot cover TE's - too small and slow. Why is Crowder not being used in coverage - he is bigger and I would think faster.

The Heath Miller TD was a blown coverage. Zach is never supposed to be the last man to beat.

On the Scaife TD I thought Zach had great coverage. He didn't turn his head to see the ball, but the ball got out so quick and got there so fast that I don't believe a DB would've even turned his back. The throw was a perfect throw, it was a great catch. Sometimes you just have to mark one down for the right call, the right execution. That's exactly what that play was. Nobody for Miami did anything wrong, their personnel just beat ours on that play.

Back
Top Bottom