article from last year about cowhers interest in dolphins job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

article from last year about cowhers interest in dolphins job

People can change their minds, I am sure Ross's opinion of Ireland are not as strong now as they were back in January

I dont think Ross has changed his mind. He wanted a new ocach then, and he wants a new coach now. I honestly think he wants to keep Ireland, and would not fire him for Cowher. He could have done it last year, and I dont think his desire to change coaches has changed. You either want it or you dont - you dont go in halfway on a regime change. You either get the best or dont make a change. If Ross hired Cowher this year, then he is basically saying he made a mistake last year in not hiring him a year sooner when he had the chance.

I dont think Ross has changed his mind. He wanted a new ocach then, and he wants a new coach now. I honestly think he wants to keep Ireland, and would not fire him for Cowher. He could have done it last year, and I dont think his desire to change coaches has changed. You either want it or you dont - you dont go in halfway on a regime change. You either get the best or dont make a change. If Ross hired Cowher this year, then he is basically saying he made a mistake last year in not hiring him a year sooner when he had the chance.
Ever team an owner fires a head coach or GM, they are admitting they made a mistake. I don't think he wanted to blow the front office up, just change the head coach last offseason. With all the losing now the latest reports seem to indicate he is willing to blow it all up. Things have changed drastically since last January. That is why Cowher is a very strong possibility. Especially if Peterson is going to be the one helping lure him in.

Back
Top Bottom