Article on future Dolphin Shaun Alexander | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on future Dolphin Shaun Alexander

eddie4fins said:
A GREAT running back makes a mediocre line look good ,a horrible line (like ours) makes a good running back look like hes in a wheel chair!

Or, just ask Lamar Gordon - it can put him there!

NaboCane said:
I'm sick of this f*****g argument from the RW apologists: Let's say that you're 100% correct, and that RW only quit because of DW; why then hasn't he re-dedicated himself to the game, cleaned up his act, and gotten on board with the league's drug program, to pave the way for his return?

No, instead he goes to hippy school and plays games with the d**k-sucking press about his continued pot use, so that he can stay in the news without actually accomplishing anything.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: you people who support RW's return to the Dolphins make me sick. You're far lower than he is.

You should have to wash your mouth out every time you even say Shaun Alexander's name.
Shaun Alexander won Ron Jaworski's vote last night for most over rated player in the LEAGUE.
Jaworski isn't God but he is a pretty respected opinion. He noted that Alexander gets the easy yards but not the tough ones.

Edgerrin James is the best skill player we can get this year. Like I said, we cannot mortgage our future and entire cap for him, but if we can get him for a fair price he is the one we should get.
His cap number won't be THAT big. Remember that slaries and cap numbers aren't always the same. The Dolphins have a lot of money and giving a nice size signing bonus doen't affect your salary cap. If we can get Edge to sign a low salary HIGH signing bonus deal we are alright.

Halifax said:
Shaun Alexander won Ron Jaworski's vote last night for most over rated player in the LEAGUE.
Jaworski isn't God but he is a pretty respected opinion. He noted that Alexander gets the easy yards but not the tough ones.

Edgerrin James is the best skill player we can get this year. Like I said, we cannot mortgage our future and entire cap for him, but if we can get him for a fair price he is the one we should get.
His cap number won't be THAT big. Remember that slaries and cap numbers aren't always the same. The Dolphins have a lot of money and giving a nice size signing bonus doen't affect your salary cap. If we can get Edge to sign a low salary HIGH signing bonus deal we are alright.

Halifax, let's not forget that Jaworski is given to hyperbole, evidenced by his hasty comment last year that Seau had "nothing left in the tank."

I find it difficult to understand how a guy who led the league in rushing until recently - and currently leads the NFC can be "overrated."

Besides all that, one of the reasons I prefer Alexander is that he's a team player - after our recent troubles, I'd rather have a good influence in the locker room than anything less; Edge is talented, no doubt about it - but his insistence on being a loner does NOT contribute to the atmosphere of a rebuilding team.

Back
Top Bottom