Article on Titans NOT Blitzing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Titans NOT Blitzing

It shows you that Tannehill needs more time to develop. There will be a learning curve. It also exclaims that this offseason receivers with speed and route running skills are needed. Make a team with a lousy pass rush defend in the back half while receivers are zipping all over the field. Find a TE that can control the hash. Hartline and Bess can be a part of it, but names like Keller, Cook, Wallace, Jennings come to mind as well to make this type of D impossible to play against our young QB.

If anything it highlights more of a lack of receiving talent(aka a true vertical threat) than Tannehill IMO

I agree with the above.

If the whole stadium knows you are going to throw, the receivers are getting no separation and the o line is shaky how does our rookie stand a chance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Agree with what a guy said above. They didn't need to blitz cause they were pushing our oline around just with their regular front. Add the fact that our receivers were covered all day and how is Tannehill supposed to have a great game? When we played the colts, Luck had nothing but wide open WR's all over the field. Every pass by Tannehill has to be perfect. He has no margin for error as our guys can't separate at all.

Ozzy rules!!

No need to blitz if your front four is winning and you have a lead...21 to 0 happended pretty quick...

Honestly I wished Tannehill would use his legs more. Seems like he's too concentrated on being a pocket passer he remains a statue in the pocket at times.

We don't have anyone on our WR corp with speed who is reliable. I'd call Hartline and Bess quick more so than fast. We have absolutely no threat at TE. Fasano looks like a tumbling tree after the catch, and that's if he doesn't bobble it.

Tannehill needs some help.

When your down 21-0 in the first 1/4, you become one dementional. Not hard to figure that out.

Honestly I wished Tannehill would use his legs more. Seems like he's too concentrated on being a pocket passer he remains a statue in the pocket at times.

That could be the coaching staff tho. Tannehill is a mobile QB who I believe could have ran for a majority of some of those third downs. But it just seems like he's not even thinking that way and that might have been drilled in his head.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/13/3094313/tennessee-titans-strategy-of-playing.html

1. This is alarming for Tannehill and his skill set.

2. Demonstrates there are not enough weapons out in the pattern.

3. This will be the blueprint going forward against Miami.

4. Tennessee's plan is how Wanny plays D anyways
It's not alarming for Tannehill's skill set...it's part of the learning process. He has the skills set to succeed.

The more alarming part is how this shows the offense, in its entirety, lacks talent. Titans don't stack the line and we still can't run the ball effectively? That's an even bigger concern to me than Tannehill struggling. The ridiculously tight windows Tannehill has to throw in showing that our WRs don't get much separation is a bigger concern for me. The fact that the Titans didn't blitz and still seemed to pressure Tannehill and collapse the pocket...that's a bigger concern for me. The fact that we don't run many slants, attack the middle of the defense up the seem, almost never run screens and completely bog down in the red zone are bigger concerns for me on offense (and Tannehill only has 27 pass attempts on 23 red zone possessions so it's not all on him when he's only attempting 1 pass per possession).

It's not alarming for Tannehill's skill set...it's part of the learning process. He has the skills set to succeed.

I agree. I think the biggest problem facing this offense right now is that the running game is completely ineffective. I don't think anybody out there thinks this team has the receiving talent necessary to win with no rushing game.

Tannehill needs to play better, but I can't put all or even most of the blame on him right now. The offensive line is atrocious.

The more alarming part is how this shows the offense, in its entirety, lacks talent. Titans don't stack the line and we still can't run the ball effectively? That's an even bigger concern to me than Tannehill struggling. The ridiculously tight windows Tannehill has to throw in showing that our WRs don't get much separation is a bigger concern for me. The fact that the Titans didn't blitz and still seemed to pressure Tannehill and collapse the pocket...that's a bigger concern for me. The fact that we don't run many slants, attack the middle of the defense up the seem, almost never run screens and completely bog down in the red zone are bigger concerns for me on offense (and Tannehill only has 27 pass attempts on 23 red zone possessions so it's not all on him when he's only attempting 1 pass per possession).
I still don't understand why Reggie bush isn't getting at least 5-6 screens to him per game. We have one of the most explosive players in open space in the league and don't use him? If not him than Lamar Miller.

Back
Top Bottom