Article: PatriotsInsider.com discusses the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: PatriotsInsider.com discusses the Dolphins

finsforce

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1) What are the expectations for Trent Green now that he's finally in Miami? If Green can't perform (injury or other) what other options do the Dolphins have?

2) Ted Ginn Jr. was a curious pick for Miami when they had so many other needs. Do you feel they should have used that pick for a player at a different position, or is Ginn really that much of a difference-maker?

3) Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are perennial Pro Bowlers, yet Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi fill much the same roles in New England and don't get nearly the same credit. Why do you think that is?

4) Have the Dolphins been able to upgrade their secondary enough to match up with the new talent the Patriots added to their receivers group?

5) Are there any lingering remnants of the Nick Saban regime in Miami that need to be cleaned out, or is Cam Cameron going to use some of those?

Curiosity question:
Do you feel the Dolphins have enough to get past the Jets or the Bills to challenge New England for the Division title?

http://patriots.scout.com/2/656501.html

Alain Poupart of Dolphin Digest talks to Jon Scott of PatriotsInsider.com to find out how the Dolphins have improved this off-season. The insight was great and I wanted to pass this along to all FHers. Enjoy!

4) Have the Dolphins been able to upgrade their secondary enough to match up with the new talent the Patriots added to their receivers group?

This is a very important question.
The Patsies have three starting calibur WR's and Tom Brady is throwing to them....
That is enough to scare any secondary...

I sure hope our guys are up to the challenge...

"3) Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are perennial Pro Bowlers, yet Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi fill much the same roles in New England and don't get nearly the same credit. Why do you think that is?"

They do get plenty of credit. But the rest of the team as a whole is why they will be contenders year in/out right now. Also keep in mind that Richard Seymour was the highest paid player in the NFL last season. He made something like 24.5 million..lol. No respect..LOL.

This last Q & A sums it up quite nicely:

Curiosity question:
Do you feel the Dolphins have enough to get past the Jets or the Bills to challenge New England for the Division title?

"Look, with any kind of quarterbacking, the Dolphins would have won at least four more games -- easily -- last season. That's the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. So even though the appearance is the Dolphins are headed for a long year, it's Look, with any kind of quarterbacking, the Dolphins would have won at least four more games -- easily -- last season. That's the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. So even though the appearance is the Dolphins are headed for a long year, it's foolish to think they can't surprise people and make a run for a playoff berth."

That's pretty much my thinking too. Last year I predicted 3 wins. This year I'm predicting 8.

GO PHINS~!

i like that dude from dolphin digest,he put that boy in his place

FINMAN13 said:
They do get plenty of credit. But the rest of the team as a whole is why they will be contenders year in/out right now. Also keep in mind that Richard Seymour was the highest paid player in the NFL last season. He made something like 24.5 million..lol. No respect..LOL.

Plus the guy gets voted to the Pro Bowl every year for being a defensive end tackle. What exactly is this guy's position? :confused:

... Also keep in mind that Richard Seymour was the highest paid player in the NFL last season. He made something like 24.5 million...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2007-07-02-salaries_N.htm

Seymour, who signed a contract extension that included about $24 million in bonuses, socked away nearly $24.7 million for the past year's work, according to USA TODAY's annual survey of player compensation. But for 2007 he has a base salary of $600,000 and will drop down the list after his moonshot payday.

You can also go to http://footballsalaries.usatoday.com/ to view the paper's salary database.

after we whip jets/bills/pats we will if the phins are any good

I can't read the article, can someone post some of it.

yeah i can never read these scout.com articles... are all you people members that are reading this? or is there something im missing?

3) Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are perennial Pro Bowlers, yet Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi fill much the same roles in New England and don't get nearly the same credit. Why do you think that is?

What about Bruschi's sympathy probowl?

Covering those WR's from the Patriots"appears" to be going to be tough for any team!

Back
Top Bottom