As Draft Day Approaches

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
what do you believe are the true scenarios to play out? My take on it all is that we came out and said we liked smith, to get everyone's toes tingling. so hopefully tampa will get real hot for him and trade up to get him, and we acquire their #5 and a second rounder and maybe a third rounder.. maybe a third next year? I think KC will fold and give us a 2nd round pick for surtain... meanwhile, we still get the runningback of our choice at the fifth selection. My opinion is that come draft day Ronnie Brown is our man.
 

motioncityhifi

I Am The Movie
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
0
Im with you. I want to drop down to 5 pick up at least 2 more first day picks. Two 2nds and 2 3rds would be real nice.
 

HVACservice

Second String
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Bradenton,Fl
We stay at Number 2, KC gives us # 46 for Surtain.

Who we pick????

I do not think anyone has the slightest clue.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
yea, exactly, more picks. more chances for saban to show us what he's got.

i can't say i have league sources here, but Ronnie Brown is such a money pick. i love edwards, but you can't feed a WR the ball 25 times a game... if we didn't have a decent WR/TE corps, i'd be 50/50 on the subject... but for now, no, its all about the RB. if we come into game 1 starting samy morris or lamar gordon... teams aren't going to respect our run...with that more than questionable o-line... they'll just sit back and make feeley make plays.... i'd much perfer a balanced offense where they can't get too excited on us either way.
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
I love the idea of the trade with Tampa more then any trade rumor out there. Not only would we gain two more 1st day picks, but we would probably still be able to get our man in Ronnie Brown at #5.
 

HVACservice

Second String
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Bradenton,Fl
motioncityhifi said:
Im with you. I want to drop down to 5 pick up at least 2 more first day picks. Two 2nds and 2 3rds would be real nice.
I live 30 miles from Tampa.

Trust me .....Gruden would be burned at the stake if that happened.

They just signed Griese and they have several other needs that are much more pressing.

They will stay at #5, IMO
 

beejay05

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
725
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Miami
I agree with you guys ont he first couple picks. My money is on RB in round 1, saftey in round 2, and WR in round three. I would love Brown, Pool, and then Henry. I would do backflips. This is assuming we end up with a 3rd.
 

4U2NV

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Vancouver, BC
Right now I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up regarding this Tampa Bay trade. There's still a good chance that it doesn't happen and then I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't. My head keeps telling me "done deal, done deal, done deal," you have no idea how hard it is trying to get that kinda stuff out of your head. I've been disappointed with stuff like this before and so I'm going to try my hardest not to make any kind of predictions for the rest of the week and just roll with whatever news we happen to get this week. The only thing I'm saying is that one way or another is that we're coming out of this draft with a RB.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
is anyone even halfway confident that griese is the answer at QB?

many people like tampa to take a RB, but gruden has never really had much need for them, yea charlie garner did some damage, but he was primarily a pass catcher.. i dont they'll draft one of those types that high..
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
HVACservice said:
I live 30 miles from Tampa.

Trust me .....Gruden would be burned at the stake if that happened.

They just signed Griese and they have several other needs that are much more pressing.

They will stay at #5, IMO
However, I think Gruden realizes that this may be his first and only trip inside the top 5 of any draft. That is why I think he is strongly considering taking a Franchise QB. He may never get another shot at this(if he does, he may be looking for a new job).
 

HVACservice

Second String
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Bradenton,Fl
His Dudeness said:
is anyone even halfway confident that griese is the answer at QB?

many people like tampa to take a RB, but gruden has never really had much need for them, yea charlie garner did some damage, but he was primarily a pass catcher.. i dont they'll draft one of those types that high..
The thing is Tampa signed Griese for next to nothing last year.

They were not expecting much. And he played pretty damn well.

Some people think Griese is the perfect QB for Grudens offense.

But the heat is on Gruden around here.

He won the Super bowl with Dungys team.

Then followed that up with TWO LOSING SEASONS and a ton of questionable personnel moves.

The heat is on Gruden!!!!!

He will not fan the flames by making an EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR trade with us.

Trust me.

Just forget all about that trade guys......Its not going to happen.

IMO.
 

HVACservice

Second String
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Bradenton,Fl
Nublar7 said:
However, I think Gruden realizes that this may be his first and only trip inside the top 5 of any draft. That is why I think he is strongly considering taking a Franchise QB. He may never get another shot at this(if he does, he may be looking for a new job).
Griese played "lights out" last year though.

By the time a rookie QB develops, Gruden may be looking for an offensive coordinator job.

I think they grab Williams or Williams.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
yea, but what did dungy do with his teams? blown out of the playoffs year after year.

i like the take on this is his only trip inside the top 5 of the draft... hit it big with a QB... good Rb's are dime a dozen and they already have a pretty decent WR corps with galloway and clayton.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
His Dudeness said:
yea, but what did dungy do with his teams? blown out of the playoffs year after year.

i like the take on this is his only trip inside the top 5 of the draft... hit it big with a QB... good Rb's are dime a dozen and they already have a pretty decent WR corps with galloway and clayton.
They're going to take care of their RB problem with a trade for Henry. I don't think they can afford Alexander's contract.
 
Top Bottom