As things are right now... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As things are right now...

:ninja:Fairly even, if I was going to bet I would go with the Phins, mainly because our defense. You guys have the makings of a pretty good offense there.

if sean taylor blitzes and hits our trent, it could be a long season. buit if we can shut down the run, i like our chances.

Dolphin fans should feel good about week 1. You guys are typically strong on opening day. Although, you guys cost me in a suicide pool a couple of years ago when you let Houston pull the upset on opening day.

Redskins Fans you will not win this game. Reason being our defense is going to destroy ur offense. U do have a great back in portis but that will not be enough.
P.S. Maybe u can release both sean taylor and landry so we can sign them, we do need some help on our secondary. :beer1:

as things are right now,how good do you feel about your teams chances of coming into fedexfield week 1 getting a W..and what is the keys to you getting the W?

Being week 1, I believe it will be a defensive struggle. Whoever makes the least mistakes on offense will probably win. Should be a close game, but I have to go with the veteran QB on this one, old man Trent notches his first win for the Phins.

17-13 phins. That will be ok then we will open it up on Dallas in a 31-10 blowout at home. Maybe at that point ESPN will consider us to be "now" and we will get overhyped on their shows. They will go from sleeping on us to making us sound like were the best team in the league.

I think we're similar teams (great defenses, weak passing games, good running teams). Whoever wins the turnover ratio wins the game.

I'm honestly not the least bit worried about the Skins. If we struggle to get passed them, we're in trouble. No one on the defense worries me except the safties, and the offense lacks play makers. Portis is over rated IMO while Santana Moss is every where with his consistancy. We shouldn't give up more than 13 or 14 to the Skins.

Honestly, I don't consider Portis underrated at all, especially coming off this last injury plauged season. When healthy he's a top 10 back easy IMO. Santana Moss is inconsistant, but he is no doubt a play maker. When that man gets his hands on the ball, he's as dangerous as it gets.

All in all though...Portis shouldn't be too much of a problem with our run D and if we can really control him, it's gonna be up to Campbell. I like our chances. :)

as things are right now,how good do you feel about your teams chances of coming into fedexfield week 1 getting a W..and what is the keys to you getting the W?

Should be a good game. We will stop the run. Generate turnovers in the passing game. Get good field position w/ special teams. And give you a heavy dose of Ronnie Brown.

Got any extra tickets?

thanks for coming into this site and being objective. I think realistically we have a very good chance. We are pretty evenly matched on offense but our defense as a whole is far superior. Your OL isnt that great and may have huge problem against our front seven. I know our OL isnt that great yet either but your front 7 is in no comparison near ours. You have a good reciever in Moss and two great running backs. But being week 1 and both teams starting off the season I think it will be a defensive game because our offense will need time to jell for probably 1 or 2 games to work out the kinks and our defense will carry us to a win. Really I feel the biggest threat on your team is not Clinton Portis, and not even your offense...Its those two killer safties you will have in your backfield. Thats what Im most worried about. But ultimately I feel Miami will win...21-10

There's a lot of question marks surrounding this team.

They may very well have been answered with the draft and some acquisitions but it's too early to tell.

OL and secondary.

If those are able to play decent then this team could be strong.

Honestly I could see us whipping some tail and I could see us getting our tails whipped. Just don't know how the team will come together yet.

Back
Top Bottom