As We Embark Upon A New Season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As We Embark Upon A New Season...

GoonBoss

Finheaven Templar
Reaction score
Permit me to say that though I disagree with many on this site, and, bitterly differ with about twice that......Gentlemen, (And Ladies) since 2005 in present incarnation it has been my honor to share this space on the internet with the most passionate fans on the face of the planet. In the face of a 1-15 season, the fans that remain here are the soldiers.....Nay, the knights, the royalty of Dolphandom.

In the spirit of this, permit me to repost Shakespeare's famous Henry V Saint Crispin's Day speach. It was just here that Westmoreland (And the rest of Henry's crew) were at their lowest...And Westmorland verbalizes it. They are wishing they had the men in England kicking back by the fire... (Bandwaggon fans) Henry basically tells them to shut thier yaps and enjoy thier own company...He doesn't want the bandwaggon fans...

What's he that wishes so?
[SIZE=+1] My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] If we are mark'd to die, we are enow[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] To do our country loss; and if to live,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] The fewer men, the greater share of honour.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] It yearns me not if men my garments wear;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Such outward things dwell not in my desires.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] But if it be a sin to covet honour,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] I am the most offending soul alive.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] As one man more methinks would share from me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more![/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] That he which hath no stomach to this fight,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Let him depart; his passport shall be made,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And crowns for convoy put into his purse;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] We would not die in that man's company[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] That fears his fellowship to die with us.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And rouse him at the name of Crispian.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] He that shall live this day, and see old age,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] But he'll remember, with advantages,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Familiar in his mouth as household words-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] This story shall the good man teach his son;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] From this day to the ending of the world,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] But we in it shall be remembered-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] For he to-day that sheds his blood with me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] This day shall gentle his condition;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] And gentlemen in England now-a-bed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,[/SIZE]
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
[SIZE=+1] That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.[/SIZE]

I salute you Finheaven.....This...Band of Brothers.:hi5: Those of you aboard after a 1-15 season are true fans, no matter our differences and, I'm proud to include myself among you.

I'm still here, forever loyal.

I watched every game last year and I'm ready for those memories to be replaced this year.

From Teddy Roosevelt in the same spirit,

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I turned 1 the year this franchise was born. I am a born and bred Floridian, and in my life there has only ever been 1 team. Go Dolphins!

I'm still here, forever loyal.

I watched every game last year and I'm ready for those memories to be replaced this year.

Right on brother. New team, new leadership, new attitude. It will not be last season. I'm proud to show my 1-15 scars, but, I'm ready to win this battle.

Once more into the breech, dear freinds........

From Teddy Roosevelt in the same spirit,

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I turned 1 the year this franchise was born. I am a born and bred Floridian, and in my life there has only ever been 1 team. Go Dolphins!

Also a wondorful quote. I love TDR.

"God's will I pray thee....Not one fan more!"

An inspiring thread. We need more like it. I don't know how many we'll win, but I'll bet that every team that plays the Dolphins won't want to play them again.

Permit me to say that though I disagree with many on this site, and, bitterly differ with about twice that......Gentlemen, (And Ladies) since 2005 in present incarnation it has been my honor to share this space on the internet with the most passionate fans on the face of the planet. In the face of a 1-15 season, the fans that remain here are the soldiers.....Nay, the knights, the royalty of Dolphandom.

In the spirit of this, permit me to repost Shakespeare's famous Henry V Saint Crispin's Day speach. It was just here that Westmoreland (And the rest of Henry's crew) were at their lowest...And Westmorland verbalizes it. They are wishing they had the men in England kicking back by the fire... (Bandwaggon fans) Henry basically tells them to shut thier yaps and enjoy thier own company...He doesn't want the bandwaggon fans...

I salute you Finheaven.....This...Band of Brothers.:hi5: Those of you aboard after a 1-15 season are true fans, no matter our differences and, I'm proud to include myself among you.

Nice post; you nailed the sentiment. And I think you may earn the distinction of being the first Shakespeare citer on FH.. Impressive!

As far as the inevitable "bandwagoners" rearing their heads and opinions when (not 'IF") the Fins' snowball turns into an avalanche, I would in turn cite a quote from Lady Macbeth: "Out damn'd spot" !!!!

Nice post; you nailed the sentiment. And I think you may earn the distinction of being the first Shakespeare citer on FH.. Impressive!

As far as the inevitable "bandwagoners" rearing their heads and opinions when (not 'IF") the Fins' snowball turns into an avalanche, I would in turn cite a quote from Lady Macbeth: "Out damn'd spot" !!!!

Well it was either this or John Belushi's "Nothing is over" speach in Animal House.....But I've done that one before and I have to spend alot of time explaining to people there were movies made prior to 1980 and that I know that, in fact the Germans did not bomb Peral Harbor.:err:

Aye, indeed. To mine ears, good tidings from ESPN--long after our bandwagon runneth over--will sound as hollow as their snickering criticisms doth this day.

:up:

Great post, love it!

I am a fan since 1970 and a native floridian. I will freely admit to being spoiled by the success of this team, the seasons we've experienced of late are a new experience for me. But, I pulled that jersey on and went to the sports bar every sunday of that 1-15 season.

5 Stars.

"Lay on, Jets,
And damn'd be him that first cries, Hold, enough!"

- MacFynch

and MacFynch, it sure looks like Spring is about to be sprung, eh?

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of York;
And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

Back
Top Bottom