As we stand how would you fill our remaining need? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As we stand how would you fill our remaining need?

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
IMO, others may feel different, but I believe our remaining needs are RT & ILB. When I say 'needs' I mean critical positions that we must fill to compete next year.

What do you feel are the required needs right now and how would you fill them going into 2014?

I would go:-

1-CJ Mosley ILB
2-Cyrus Kouandijio RT

There are no FA I like at present, which left me choosing between Zach Martin & Chris Borland or Mosley & Koundijio. IMO there is better value with the Alabama pair.

With Mosley, Ellerbe moving to OLB & Misi, it would strengthen one of our weakest stats and units last year, defending the run.

I like Kouandijio at RT. He reminds me of Menelik Watson, with far more upside, who played well in Oakland last year before injury. This would allow, Smith, Garner, Brenner and Dallas Thomas to compete for the 2 OG spots.

We need to come out of this draft with a starting rt.Drafting a lb is fine with me. Next year we can move on from wheeler or ellerbe or both.As far as free agents I like wharton or smith at guard, they could be a nice one year stop gap

For me, it'd be ideal to get Martin or Lewan in the 1st and then Borland in the 2nd.

1. Shazier LB
2. Yankey OG
3. Mewhort OT

Or

1. Martin OG
2. Borland LB
3. Mewhort OT

Shore-up the O-line PERIOD!!! Don't get cute...EVERY OTHER position for us at this point is a Luxury.

Eric Winston still out there?
Trade up for Ebron. Gronk, Graham, need I say more?
Forget the Egnew experiment, as well as the Dallas Thomas perpetual waiting.

I like both tbh but do you feel OG is more of a need than RT?

It's not so much that I view OG as more of a need. It's more of a value thing. Mewhort could be there in the 3rd and he can be a quality starter, while someone like Martin could be a pro bowl OG

IMO, others may feel different, but I believe our remaining needs are RT & ILB. When I say 'needs' I mean critical positions that we must fill to compete next year.

What do you feel are the required needs right now and how would you fill them going into 2014?

I would go:-

1-CJ Mosley ILB
2-Cyrus Kouandijio RT

There are no FA I like at present, which left me choosing between Zach Martin & Chris Borland or Mosley & Koundijio. IMO there is better value with the Alabama pair.

With Mosley, Ellerbe moving to OLB & Misi, it would strengthen one of our weakest stats and units last year, defending the run.

I like Kouandijio at RT. He reminds me of Menelik Watson, with far more upside, who played well in Oakland last year before injury. This would allow, Smith, Garner, Brenner and Dallas Thomas to compete for the 2 OG spots.

I'm thinking that, if Brenner and Dallas come in with the increased strength needed, that along with Smith they will be better options than what we can get at OG in the draft (2nd round or later) as far as a starter for this year. The other option would be a vet but, none of what is now available.

Eric Winston still out there?
Trade up for Ebron. Gronk, Graham, need I say more?
Forget the Egnew experiment, as well as the Dallas Thomas perpetual waiting.

Yeah, Winston is still out there, and was horrible last year, run and pass, He was actually worse that Martin and McKinnie.

Dallas is coming into his second year. How is that "perpetual waiting?"

The problem with your scenario is it is unrealistic....Mosely will likely be gone at 19, Kouandijio will be gone by our 2nd round pick.

Take Lewan or Martin or Kouandjio at 19.

Draft Chris Borland in round 2.

Draft a guard in round 3

This is what i hope happens in the draft.

Scenario 1:
round 1- Eric Ebron
round 2- Chris Borland (ILB Wisconsin)
round 3 - Micheal Schofield (RT Michigan)
round 4- Devonte Freeman (RB FSU)

Scenario 2: (Dream Scenario)
round 1- *Trade down (possibly with Cleveland)* Xavier Sua' Filo (G UCLA)
round 2- Austin Sefarian Jenkins (TE Washington)
round 3 (*Cleveland)- Jeremy Hill (RB LSU)
round 3- Micheal Schofield (RT Mich)
round 4- Shayne Skov (ILB Stanford) or Jordan Zumwalt (ILB UCLA)

I think ideally Mosely and best RT in the second round. You still have to weigh in TE in first round and OT Martin if he is there.

The problem with your scenario is it is unrealistic....Mosely will likely be gone at 19, Kouandijio will be gone by our 2nd round pick.

Take Lewan or Martin or Kouandjio at 19.

Draft Chris Borland in round 2.

Draft a guard in round 3

You are shooting me down everywhere lol

Tbh I respect your opinion but I feel there is more chance that Mosley will be available as opposed to Lewan.....but you are probably right lol

Back
Top Bottom