As we stand how would you fill our remaining need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As we stand how would you fill our remaining need?

The more I watch of Mosley the more I see NFL bust written all over him (and not the kind in Canton). Bama players do not seem to do very well at the next level, and Mosley is the next in a long line of overrated tide players. Yeah yeah I know I am going to get creamed for saying that, but that is how I feel. He is slow to react to plays and is not the fast twitch player that you see from some of the other players. Shazier is gonna be a beast and will be a better pro than Mosley. To be honest I think Borland will be as productive as Mosley and can be had in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd.

You have to keep in mind the type of talent Mosley had around him. His DL kept him clean, he rarely had to fight off blocks to make plays like Borland, yet Borland still ended up with many more tackles. I will say Mosley has good instinct in zone pass defense, but he does not project to be very good at man to man at the next level. Borland won't be great at pass defense either though in my opinion, but has much better instincts in the run game.

I know I know I might be wrong, but I said the same thing about McClain and people called me crazy about him too. I said last year the one player I didn't want was Milner and that he would never be the probowler that everyone said he would be, I might end up being wrong, but don't think I will be. I did like Baron but think he was overdrafted, but my rule of thumb is to stay away from bama's defensive players. I think Womack might end up being a pro bowler but stay away from the running backs and defensive players. JMO (although Lacy is proving me wrong. I didn't like him coming out either, but he is a beast.)

Shore-up the O-line PERIOD!!! Don't get cute...EVERY OTHER position for us at this point is a Luxury.

Well said. There isn't anyone at 19 that can make a significant improvement to our defense. Mosley isn't a thumping rub stuffer in the bigger stronger NFL and we already have the speed and pass rushing abilities in our LB/DE group. Borland needs a big DT to force double teams and free him up to be a homing missle. We had that in Soliai, but switching to all gap penetrators at DT men's we need a hulking MLB who can fight through blocks to thump. Borland isn't great at shedding blocks. Our LB solution isn't there.

But, we are a passing offense with no blocking TE or two-way TE and a totally rebuilt OL. We have a good C who is solid in run blocking and good at pass protection and excels at down field blocking ... Ideally suited to be a pulling guard, but I digress.

Our LT I a very good pass protector and a subpar run blocker. We have no LG, RG. Or RT of any quality. Shelley Smith graded out as one of the worst pass protectors in the LEAGUE last year--worse than all of our OG'S Las year. Full stop. Consider how bad that really is. There is no way he can start in a pass first offence with any level of competence.

That means we did NOT fill either OG spot nor the RT spot yet ... and there aren't many decent free agent OL left. We need to get two quality starters out of this draft. And patch the last spot with a journeyman free agent.

I'd definitely take Lewan or Martin in round 1 and wouldn't mind trading up for Lewan. Either in round 2 or 3 we must take another OL. I'd be very happy with Jack Mewhort because Bit onion and Moses will be gone. Kouandijo has serious medical red flags, and we need starters, so he may no be on our draft board.

I'd stay away from the Tennessee OL guys. I said it last year about Dallas Thomas and I'll say it this year about the UT offensive linemen ... something is wrong with their coaching in that unit group. No drive, sloppy technique, and lazy out of shape attitude. It is a bust waiting to happen.

Until we fix the OL with guys who can both pass protect competently and run block competently, we are hamstringing our offense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

On D we need depth and a starting caliber LB. On O we need depth and starting RT and G. FA for depth and competition but draft for the LB, RT, G.

The more I watch of Mosley the more I see NFL bust written all over him (and not the kind in Canton). Bama players do not seem to do very well at the next level, and Mosley is the next in a long line of overrated tide players. Yeah yeah I know I am going to get creamed for saying that, but that is how I feel. He is slow to react to plays and is not the fast twitch player that you see from some of the other players. Shazier is gonna be a beast and will be a better pro than Mosley. To be honest I think Borland will be as productive as Mosley and can be had in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd.

You have to keep in mind the type of talent Mosley had around him. His DL kept him clean, he rarely had to fight off blocks to make plays like Borland, yet Borland still ended up with many more tackles. I will say Mosley has good instinct in zone pass defense, but he does not project to be very good at man to man at the next level. Borland won't be great at pass defense either though in my opinion, but has much better instincts in the run game.

I know I know I might be wrong, but I said the same thing about McClain and people called me crazy about him too. I said last year the one player I didn't want was Milner and that he would never be the probowler that everyone said he would be, I might end up being wrong, but don't think I will be. I did like Baron but think he was overdrafted, but my rule of thumb is to stay away from bama's defensive players. I think Womack might end up being a pro bowler but stay away from the running backs and defensive players. JMO (although Lacy is proving me wrong. I didn't like him coming out either, but he is a beast.)

I 100% agree on your opinion of Mosely. I've seen the tape on him and i think Borland and Skov are just as impressive as a run stopping linebacker which is obviously what we need.

Guess you guy's forgot what the said about Zach Thomas.... Heart goes along way and both Mosely and Borland have it.. Plus a lot of skill....

I think ideally Mosely and best RT in the second round. You still have to weigh in TE in first round and OT Martin if he is there.
I agree. I think it comes down to four or five guys in round 1 -- Mosley, Shazier, Martin, Moses and maybe a wide receiver like Cooks or Lee. I would love to get Mosley in R1, James in R2 and a trade back into R2 for Jordan Matthews.

That would give Miami a huge upgrade at inside linebacker, an upgrade at RT and the big receiver target to complement what the team already has at wide receiver. The Dolphins could find a guard (Long maybe) in R5 and a sleeper running back like James Wilder Jr. in R6.

Shore-up the O-line PERIOD!!! Don't get cute...EVERY OTHER position for us at this point is a Luxury.

[video=youtube;_uHBFiAnpZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHBFiAnpZs[/video]

This is what i hope happens in the draft.

Scenario 1:
round 1- Eric Ebron
round 2- Chris Borland (ILB Wisconsin)
round 3 - Micheal Schofield (RT Michigan)
round 4- Devonte Freeman (RB FSU)

Scenario 2: (Dream Scenario)
round 1- *Trade down (possibly with Cleveland)* Xavier Sua' Filo (G UCLA)
round 2- Austin Sefarian Jenkins (TE Washington)
round 3 (*Cleveland)- Jeremy Hill (RB LSU)
round 3- Micheal Schofield (RT Mich)
round 4- Shayne Skov (ILB Stanford) or Jordan Zumwalt (ILB UCLA)

Love scenario 2

Love scenario 2

:hi5:

If it went down like that on draft day, i would siht bricks for days. It's my dream scenario, and in my mind it would make us division title contenders. It would give us 4 to 5 impact players for this season to help push the Patties off their pedestal. Philbin has to make a strong push this season or he might not be around next season. Go big or go home.

Also, if these were the picks through the first 4 rounds i believe it would set us up for some riskier picks taken in the last 3 rounds.

I believe that they have players on the team that could fill that of RT, I would go and get a TE that fits the offense that they're trying to install.
1.Ebron
2.Trade up to get the best LBer
3.RB
4.OT
5.QB

Back
Top Bottom