Asante Samuals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuals

Why would we trade for a 30 year old cb not knowing who the head coach is next year and what defensive system they are going to run?

Asante is a press corner and is really struggling in zone coverage so it makes know sense to trade for someone not knowing what defensive scheme they want to install next year.

Would love to have him, but BM is too much to give for him. Asante and a 2nd? OK. Asante for BM straight up? Not worth it imo.

THIS TEAM WILL HAVE A FRANCHISE QB NEXT YEAR, THERES NO SENSE IN TRADING A TOP 5 WR. HE WILL HAVE NO1 TO THROW TOO. Ross will not go another year without a good QB.
Lol at BM being a top 5 receiver. A top 5 talent maybe but drops way too many passes to be top 5.

Why would we trade for a 30 year old cb not knowing who the head coach is next year and what defensive system they are going to run?

Asante is a press corner and is really struggling in zone coverage so it makes know sense to trade for someone not knowing what defensive scheme they want to install next year.
You got that backwards,

Asante is primarily a zone CB, and he doesn't play press man, and he's not a guy you;d want to put in press coverage if you were a coach. Asante IS a zone CB and always has been.. that's how he gets his INT's by reading the QB's eyes, reading routes, and straying/ballhawking. He's an "off coverage" corner.

He's always had problems playing strict man to man coverage.. ever since his New England days he's been FAR better as a zone CB playing in off coverage roles. That's his M.O. That's who he is through and through

We need picks; not another 30 year old corner back.

On a side note; the Eagles are the masters of trading a guy right before he falls flat on his career.

And Miami are masters of making sure those players career go flat.

You got that backwards,

Asante is primarily a zone CB, and he doesn't play press man, and he's not a guy you;d want to put in press coverage if you were a coach. Asante IS a zone CB and always has been.. that's how he gets his INT's by reading the QB's eyes, reading routes, and straying/ballhawking. He's an "off coverage" corner.

He's always had problems playing strict man to man coverage.. ever since his New England days he's been FAR better as a zone CB playing in off coverage roles. That's his M.O. That's who he is through and through

Precisely, I was confused when he was called a press corner. Asante wouldn't fare too well in that

I think Asante is on the downside of his career, and while he might be a help in the short-term, he probably wouldn't be much good to us in a few years when we should be competative again. Besides, With Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith, and Jason Avant, why would Philly want another WR? They're stacked at the position, and they're all pretty young.

Some of you guys have problems with how Sean Smith tackles?

Smith is Dick freakn Butkus compared to Asante Samual. Not sure that cat could tackle my 7 year old daughter.......

Lets trade away our players...lets get picks for the NEW FO to work with...lets move all the older vets who can help contenders and get something in return.. Players like Taylor, Starks, Dansby, Burnett, Bell, and Merling should be able to get us something in return...Teams who are missing that 1 or 2 players to put them over the top, or players struck by the injury bug would be calling us for some help. I want the new FO to bring in the players they want and if that means getting rid of some of our players for more picks then im all for it. Marshall, Pouncey, Long, Bess and DThomas are the only players on Offense I think we shouldnt trade. Everyone else is up for grabs.

Lets trade away our players...lets get picks for the NEW FO to work with...lets move all the older vets who can help contenders and get something in return.. Players like Taylor, Starks, Dansby, Burnett, Bell, and Merling should be able to get us something in return...Teams who are missing that 1 or 2 players to put them over the top, or players struck by the injury bug would be calling us for some help. I want the new FO to bring in the players they want and if that means getting rid of some of our players for more picks then im all for it. Marshall, Pouncey, Long, Bess and DThomas are the only players on Offense I think we shouldnt trade. Everyone else is up for grabs.

I'd trade Marshall too.

Ensure SFL and eliminate any chances of winning games this year. Matt Moore without Marshall and without a good seam busting TE with speed (Fasano is garbage and slow as molasses) will ensure a crappy offense that will be lucky to average 10 pts per game ( to go with the crappy O-line we have which is sure to get Moore injured before the season is over anyways)

Trade Cam Wake too as his agent will be looking for a huge contract after this season and he's already around 30 years old ( Randy Starks who's on your list is younger than Wake). Wake is not going to get better and I'm afraid this is the REAL Cam Wake and not the one we saw over the first 12 games last year.

. Over the final 4 games last year teams started gameplanning for him and he was almost invisible. This year he has around 3 or 4 sacks but aside from those 3 or 4 plays he's been invisible. Over the first 12 games last year he was making things happen routinely when he wasn't getting sacks. There in lies the big difference.

I would trade him too as you can get more for him than guys like Dansby who are average and highly overpaid. No one is going to give anything for Dansby as he's nearing 30 and his play does not warrant his massive contract. And Bell, Taylor and Merling won't bring anything back, you'd be lucky to get a pair of used sweaty WR gloves for them.

I would let go of Langford too as his agent will command a big pay day next off season. If a team wants to offer up a 3rd rounder for him let him go too. A team will offer something decent for him as he's been a starter since his rookie year and is still young (Look for a team that has some injuries on their 3-4 DE positions). You can't expect to trade away old and broken down crap like Taylor and Bell and expect anything in return.

I would actually put Marshall at the very top of the trade list.

Kill 2 birds with one stone. Get a good draft pick for a very under-achieving WR with a serious head problem.

Anybody watch Dez Bryant yesterday? He makes B-Marsh look like a crying little kid that can't catch a cold lately.

You got that backwards,

Lol I can't believe I said Asante is a press corner.I meant to say he's strictly a zone cb.When I was typing that I was watching a NFL game and typed it wrong.I agree with you he is strictly a zone cb.The reason he's no good in press coverage he's to soft and wr's are simply to physical for him at the line of scrimmage.Also he doesn't offer much in run support.

Sorry for the confusion now I can go have a drink

Back
Top Bottom