ashworth info? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ashworth info?

imagine a line with Asworth, James, Mawae, Hadnot and Carey. we would finally have a really solid line

First off, why would we sign Kevin Mawae when he is getting old? Shouldnt we pursue LeCharles Bentley instead?? And why would we pursue Tom Ashworth when we drafted Anthony Alabi? Tommy is a 4th year player, he will last another 7 years i imagine, and so will Carey....we should pursue an older Tackle who can groom Alabi.

Well i guess if we sign Alabi and draft a good Center, he can groom the Center...but id still rather Bentley over Mawae.

btw, i thought Saban liked BIG guys on the line...if u look at Mawae, yea he's a taller guy, but hes only 289 pounds. Bentley is 313. :confused:

ItalianDolFan said:
First off, why would we sign Kevin Mawae when he is getting old? Shouldnt we pursue LeCharles Bentley instead?? And why would we pursue Tom Ashworth when we drafted Anthony Alabi? Tommy is a 4th year player, he will last another 7 years i imagine, and so will Carey....we should pursue an older Tackle who can groom Alabi.

Well i guess if we sign Alabi and draft a good Center, he can groom the Center...but id still rather Bentley over Mawae.

Mawae and Ashworth would drop the need for draft picks this year on the OL.

Mawae is a great center. he has 2-3 more years left and that could keep rex at RG. Wade as backup

Ashworth would be solid for us for at least 4-5 years or up to 7 like you said.

Bentley has a HIGH price tag and why pay that when there are cheaper options that can get the job done?

I would be very happy with these options. the use of picks on other needs and the cheapest route there is.

ItalianDolFan said:

I think everyone would rather Bentley, he's an incredible player but you have to take into account how much it would take to land LeCharles here. He's going to want a MASSIVE contract, which happens to be one of the reasons why the Saints let him walk.

I'd rather devote most of our financial resources to securing a top tier Quarterback as opposed to going after at a top tier O-Lineman. Ashworth is a very serviceable player, I've seen him play alot here in New England. He's not going to wow you by demolishing defenders, but he's got very sound technique and he's extremely intelligent as someone noted earlier.

Him and Brees would be outstanding FA additions.

Bentley is set to sign with the Eagles, we can't get him. and have you seen Mawae play? he's as good a center as I've seen, he dominated Zach Thomas when we played the Jets. he can groom a center we draft and he still has a couple years in him so why wouldn't we want him?

FinNasty said:
So he is a RT? How good is he in the run game? Is he a beast? or his he more finess?

He played both tight end and tackle at CU and Cherry Creek High (Denver). He has been at tackle exclusively since pretty early on at CU. When I watched him at Cherry Creek, he was pretty dominant. When he left CU I was pretty suprised to see him make the Patriot roster and then turn up as a starter. He has been a very steady player for them (probably more finesse than beast). I think he is actually better suited for left tackle (tight end history - good feet), but he has been more than servicable at both positions for the Pats.

i guess ur right. Ashworth and Mawae shouldnt cost a lot?? So what about Steve Hutchinson, whats been going on with him lately? There was a read about Will Shields coming to Miami...whats been going on with those 2 guys lately? Anything new?

Roman529 said:
Just think how we would piss off the Jets and Pats with Mawae and Ashworth.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

I was thinking the same thing! Two smart vets who know the enemy(ies) all too well.

Back
Top Bottom