Ask Boomer!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer!!

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Boomer ad the Free agent season looms on and the draft who are the strong candidates that Miami will sign to make the team better!! Who Will Saban pursue the most?

Will Cutler come to us? I hear Whitehurst will be a better pro than Cutler?

Will Saban Lure T.O? Will Saban Get a monster oLine in hutch and bentley ?

Will Clements come to Miami?

Thanks Boom!!

Yeah, what ever happenned to the ask Boomer post?
Good Idea Dom! I hope being a new dad has not kept Simon so busy that he doesnt come by here anymore. I havent seen much of him this year.
Simon, if you do read this, what do you think our options are at Qb? Thanks Mate!! take care and hope the lil one ( she must be almost 1, right) and the wife are ok.

Judging from some of the response..

Boomer's had from some of the new folks on the board - somewhat less than warm to say the very least - when he has had time to post - I'd not blame him if he chose to pronounce a pox on our house, and leave us to our own devices to figure out these things. Some have been, to describe it charitably, nasty, in the manner in which they greeted him, which is not only downright rude, but also more than a little bit arrogant. I, for one, hope Boomer comes back, and also that this is just a temporary interruption in his presence.
:fire:

I agree with the Reverand...in fact, I was given a vacation for my inappropriate response to those attacks. I too wouldn't blame Simon a bit if he did not get involved in the zoo anymore.

Yep, a lot of wanna be GM's gave Boomer a hard time, the fact that Boomer has more football knowledge in his pinky then them never popped into there minds.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yep, a lot of wanna be GM's gave Boomer a hard time, the fact that Boomer has more football knowledge in his pinky then them never popped into there minds.
Actually that's probably exactly what popped into their minds, so they had to try to one-up him in some other way.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Yep,
There are a few of know-it-all posters who think they know more than Boomer (and everybody else for that matter) that have ticked Boomer off. We open-minded posters are paying the consequences. PLEASE BOOMER...COME BACK!

Actually he post currently in the draft or free agent forum where this thread sould be. also, if you fork up some cash, and are a respected poster, you can become a VIP, and have access to all of Boomers and others write-ups.

I remember seeing the "ask boomer" threads, but never really looked at them....could anyone tell me why his opinion is so sought after?

NLude33 said:
Actually he post currently in the draft or free agent forum where this thread sould be. also, if you fork up some cash, and are a respected poster, you can become a VIP, and have access to all of Boomers and others write-ups.

With 4 kids and a wife and a budget "as tight as Dick's hat-band" its hard to justify money towards "football talk". Maybe one day I can be rich enough to be "respected". :boohoo:

Boomer, KB, and I regularly discuss draft prospects in the VIP room...on pretty much a daily basis.

vinivedivichi said:
I remember seeing the "ask boomer" threads, but never really looked at them....could anyone tell me why his opinion is so sought after?

I can only speak for me. I ran across Boomer, KB21 and CK about five or six years ago while I was hanging at the old Herald board. They are avid, serious fans of the draft and spend much time studying the subject. Boomer even has some buddies somewhere in one of the staffs that shares inside thoughts. Year after year they have had the guts to make predictions and have interesting and informative discussions pro and con with everyone willing to step up. None of them are perfect but they are much better than me in all aspects of the draft, and it is because of them that I began to become interested in this part of it years ago. I do not always agree with them and they with me but I respect them as much as anybody I have come across on the internet. You may not agree either but you WILL get an informed sensible debate if thats what you want. Even when slandered and sullied they respond with class and set aside the insults. Respect is earned for sure and you'd have to decide for yourself but I think Boomer is worthy of a look if the draft interests you.

dominizzo said:
I hear Whitehurst will be a better pro than Cutler?

How could anyone possibly know that at this point?

cnc66 said:
I can only speak for me. I ran across Boomer, KB21 and CK about five or six years ago while I was hanging at the old Herald board. They are avid, serious fans of the draft and spend much time studying the subject. Boomer even has some buddies somewhere in one of the staffs that shares inside thoughts. Year after year they have had the guts to make predictions and have interesting and informative discussions pro and con with everyone willing to step up. None of them are perfect but they are much better than me in all aspects of the draft, and it is because of them that I began to become interested in this part of it years ago. I do not always agree with them and they with me but I respect them as much as anybody I have come across on the internet. You may not agree either but you WILL get an informed sensible debate if thats what you want. Even when slandered and sullied they respond with class and set aside the insults. Respect is earned for sure and you'd have to decide for yourself but I think Boomer is worthy of a look if the draft interests you.

Not entirely true. I respect their opinions as much as anybody but I have seen some of their discussions get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom