Ask Boomer!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer!!

SpeedRush99 said:
Not entirely true. I respect their opinions as much as anybody but I have seen some of their discussions get ugly.
Yeah but I think it's pretty difficult to put yourself out there time and time again, get slandered in a rude way, and resist the urge to fight back.

The people who routinely put themselves out there on this board (by starting threads and opening themselves to criticism) should get some respect just for doing that. It's pretty easy to sit back and critique other people's ideas when you aren't floating any of your own.

shouright said:
Yeah but I think it's pretty difficult to put yourself out there time and time again, get slandered in a rude way, and resist the urge to fight back.

The people who routinely put themselves out there on this board (by starting threads and opening themselves to criticism) should get some respect just for doing that. It's pretty easy to sit back and critique other people's ideas when you aren't floating any of your own.

I completely agree.

ckparrothead said:
Boomer, KB, and I regularly discuss draft prospects in the VIP room...on pretty much a daily basis.

I think that pretty much ends the debate on whether I need to get the VIP membership.

Eeek...sorry. I didn't even know this thread existed. :)

I'll do some catching up tonight. Have last nights episode of The Shield to download and watch first. Baby to bath, dog to walk, wife to appreciate, etc.

Simon take your time with baby, wife and dog (as a maried man and a father of 3, who owns a dog and a cat I know what you mean). But yes....your viewpoints are more than welcomed by a whole lot of us!!
Thanks Mate!!!

dominizzo said:
Boomer ad the Free agent season looms on and the draft who are the strong candidates that Miami will sign to make the team better!! Who Will Saban pursue the most?

Will Cutler come to us? I hear Whitehurst will be a better pro than Cutler?

Will Saban Lure T.O? Will Saban Get a monster oLine in hutch and bentley ?

Will Clements come to Miami?

Thanks Boom!!

I think there will be low rent signings. I don't see huge, enormous pick ups. julian Peterson is clearly a target. I think Chris Hope might be as well. Randle El is another. Jon Runyan could be a guy to man the right side, but it all depends on Vernon Carey and whether he's our LT, RT or RG. Rocky Bernard could play end in our system, Kampman and Orpheus Roye would be possibles. Justin Hartwig is another, depending on what happens with Hadnot.

I don't think Cutler will be a Dolphin no. I think Whitehurst is well regarded seemingly by the brass. We shall see. Owens, IMHO won't be a Dolphin. The risk/reward falls too heavily on the risk.

I would love to see Bentley or Hutchinson, but they will be commanding $35+ million and I don't see us paying that.

I think Clements will get the tag if Marv Levy's latest comments are anything to go by.

PHINSfan said:
Yeah, what ever happenned to the ask Boomer post?
Good Idea Dom! I hope being a new dad has not kept Simon so busy that he doesnt come by here anymore. I havent seen much of him this year.
Simon, if you do read this, what do you think our options are at Qb? Thanks Mate!! take care and hope the lil one ( she must be almost 1, right) and the wife are ok.

14 months now mate.

MaraJan25th2006006-1.jpg

Our QB situation.....it'll either be someone like Schaub or Garrard or Ramsey or it'll be Frerrotte and Croyle/Whitehurst or McNair and Croyle/Whitehurst

finfan54 said:
Hey Boomer, How good is Aarron Rogers?

Who knows at this point? He's clearly impressed Brett Favre and the former coaching staff and his time is coming soon.

RevRick said:
Boomer's had from some of the new folks on the board - somewhat less than warm to say the very least - when he has had time to post - I'd not blame him if he chose to pronounce a pox on our house, and leave us to our own devices to figure out these things. Some have been, to describe it charitably, nasty, in the manner in which they greeted him, which is not only downright rude, but also more than a little bit arrogant. I, for one, hope Boomer comes back, and also that this is just a temporary interruption in his presence.
:fire:

There is a reason why you were chosen as a man of the cloth. Wordsmithery can only be 1 of a myriad of reasons.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yep, a lot of wanna be GM's gave Boomer a hard time, the fact that Boomer has more football knowledge in his pinky then them never popped into there minds.

What!!!!!....another SPORTICUS...say it ain't so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Boom, What's your take on the various FA Qb's. Mccown, Brooks, Couch. Are any a fit for us? I think keeping Gus isn't going to make us any better. We need to go for it at the QB position in both FA and the Draft.

Boomer said:
Who knows at this point? He's clearly impressed Brett Favre and the former coaching staff and his time is coming soon.

Ill admit i was ribbing ya with the question but he may actually make some noise over time.

Back
Top Bottom