Ask Boomer | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Boomer, what do you think of Haloti Ngata (DT, Jr - Oregon) - he looks like an awesome physical specimen, how would you rank him among the other DT's? And do you know if he's coming out?

PHINSfan said:
on his board Mel Kiper has Brown stock going up (and Benson also), but Cadillac going down. I wonder what he knows???

I don't think he knows anything specifically. Remember, we are very much in draft dead time as we get ready for the Senior Bowl, etc. I think Mel is of the opinion that the upside potential on Brown is higher, that's all.

In his Bible, his 2005 Post Season Prospectus he also has Brown at 2 and Caddy at 3, the reason being that Brown's "completeness as a back" has few peers. You'd have to agree with that sentiment.

Cuzinfinny said:
Quote:
"Read my comment again. I said "I THINK he did OK". I didn't profess to saying that he DID do OK, just that "I think" he did. I made the point that I didn't see him."

LOL.....

You mean compared to not thinking? Well as long as I'm not thinking looks like Sage played OK. All your opinions are a process of what you think.

Just busting you chops mate. Bottom line is I think you have interesting insights and I do enjoy reading your posts. I admire your openess and honesty. I realize its very tuff to see enough of every player to give an even more precise evaluation.

Just figured that in the Sage case, being so close to home, that you would have seen his performance to truly give an accurate statement. IMO, I did not see the same quality and skills in Sages passes that I see from AJ, as far as accuracy and zip in the throws. And because I respected your opinion, was looking forward to what you saw. Not that it would change my mind but I was curious as to how you would see his play.Now it was his first start in the NFL so I realize its not fair to base his ability on one game. But the first impression didn't impress me.
After reading your post again realize that you did say " Sage deserves another chance, nothing more ". Be interested if you do get a chance to evaluate Sages performance, to hear your thoughts on what you do see.IMO looks to be carrying the clip board at best cause even if he is capable of developing, I don't think Saban will be in a position to want to give him that time. Unlike Wannstedt I don't think Saban needs another 3 years to draw his conclusions.

No. Compared to "I don't know". It's pretty simple.

The Miami-Ravens game was hardly game of the day in England which is why I didn't see it.

FROM WHAT I HEAR and the snippets that I saw, he clearly has the arm, he can make the plays, but he lacked consistency and was dogged by some dumb and very costly throws. But considering that was his first start, my instinct is that he deserves at least a shot. Rarely do QB's come in and go 25-28-350-4-0 in their first start for a club. Practice reps and timing are vital. Like I said, I think he has a shot.

PHINSfan said:
absolutelly dolphins SR66... Imagine having W. Jones at LT and lets say somebody like wilkerson (who we should pick with the 3rd rd pick) at C. I would like to know what Boomer thinks about this. I know Jones would be really expensive but hey, i rather pick up one stud in free agency and not a bunch of mediocre overpayed players.

Walter is the pre-eminent LT in football. You are looking at more money than we have to sign him. As for Wilkerson, I like him, although there are concerns about his aggression and the fact that he is a finesse player at the mike. But if Saban runs the same blocking scheme that he is used to with the Bayou Bengals and he is back to 100% then I think he's an excellent pick up, especially with Miami only likely to tender Seth McKinney to the lowest tender. Hopefully he will depart in FA.

NaboCane said:
Boomer, what do you think of Haloti Ngata (DT, Jr - Oregon) - he looks like an awesome physical specimen, how would you rank him among the other DT's? And do you know if he's coming out?

A very heralded recruit for the Ducks. Speedy and extremely powerful he's a huge force in the middle. He's the immovable object who can play as the NG in the 3-4 or in the 4-3. He's actually only a redshirt sophomore having missed all of 2003 with a torn ACL after signing on in 2002. I have heard that he will stay for his r junior season at the least, as part of a fact that he struck with his father Soloman who was killed in a car accident just before Christmas 2002. I think he will stay and prove that the knee is perfect and then hit the draft next year where he could literally go anywhere. The top 5 is certainly an option in his future.

Boom,Now I dont know if hes declared or not but What are your thoughts of Donovan Raiola of wisconsin??....This is the guy I want at center and not Wilkerson and not Hadnot.

Eslinger from Minnesota is the Center I want Boom, what are your thoughts on him?

Is he going to come out? They will be decent again next year with those backs so he may stay and improve himself for next year.

Great Stuff sir thanks for the hard work...

A quick question for you. How do the top two QB's in this years draft Leinart and Rodgers compare to Rivers in last years draft. Was or is Rivers the best of the three? Personally I like Rivers more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Boomer, remember Aubrey Beavers (#53 Miami Lb) The guy was in great shape & seemed to make some plays, Was he just not bright enough for the NFL?

Hey Boomer

Have you ever heard of Marion Barber III rb for minnesota, from what i saw of him against Alabama in their bowl game. What do you think of him and is there any chance he comes out to the draft this year.

Caddy24 said:
Hey Boomer

Have you ever heard of Marion Barber III rb for minnesota, from what i saw of him against Alabama in their bowl game. What do you think of him and is there any chance he comes out to the draft this year.
MBIII is staying in college, Boomer has mentioned him as a top 40 pick. Next year Maroney and Barber will both be available, Maroney will be a Junior and Barber a senior and have a damn good chance of being the first RB Tandem to have 3 consecutive 1000 rds rushing in NCAA History.

MNFINFAN said:
MBIII is staying in college, Boomer has mentioned him as a top 40 pick. Next year Maroney and Barber will both be available, Maroney will be a Junior and Barber a senior and have a damn good chance of being the first RB Tandem to have 3 consecutive 1000 rds rushing in NCAA History.
Hey thanks a bunch man, i watched them run alll over a an ALabama Defense that is one of the top in the nation. I thought MBIII would be a great fit for us.From the moment i saw him run i fell in love with his style of run

Boomer, I'm waiting for your response to my query. If this was answered already please tell me where. Thanks!

musphinzfan said:
Boom,Now I dont know if hes declared or not but What are your thoughts of Donovan Raiola of wisconsin??....This is the guy I want at center and not Wilkerson and not Hadnot.

Excellent college OC but not sure how that will carry over to the pros. Certainly will be a system OC - like Atlanta or Denver because he is underaized at about 284lbs. He understands leverage though which is important and he has the sort of aggressive streak that can't be taught. He's very mobile and has excellent feet, but you'd worry about him matched up against someone like Pat Williams or Grady Jackson or Rod Coleman as he can get overrun at the point.

PhinsTD said:
Eslinger from Minnesota is the Center I want Boom, what are your thoughts on him?

Is he going to come out? They will be decent again next year with those backs so he may stay and improve himself for next year.

Very good player - best center in the country, but like Raiola, he is a little undersized. But he understands leverage, has tremendous techniques and works the angles as well as any OC I have seen in a while. Cleveland's Jeff Faine is the best OC I have seen come out in a while and while he is bigger and more aggressive than Eslinger, Greg has better mobility. At 6'2.5 and 282lbs, again, you worry whether he can hold up against the bigger DT's/NT's. But he is a weight room warrior and there is no wasted strength on that frame at all. As a pulling C he won't overpower, but he will never get called for holding because he stacks up so well at the point when moving, he keeps his feet in front of him, has an excellent base and keeps working his hands. Tonnes of experience and a solid player.

I have read that he will stay in.

Back
Top Bottom