Ask Boomer | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Boomer said:
Very kind of you to say so.
Boomer -

I keep seeing mock-drafts listing a quote-un-quote "no-brainer" for Miami to take C. Benson with #2 pick. These mock-drafts claim he is exactly what Miami needs.

I realize no mock-draft accounts for trade-downs, etc.....but do you see in any way possible the new regime in Miami selecting Benson, taking into account Texas, RB, and issues from Ricky's dealings lately.

I can see a "guilty" by association based on these issues, and therefore we stay clear of this selection. Personally, I also just dont think Benson is the premier back that would put us on the right path going forward with Saban and his Coaches and scheme.

So, from your vantage point, can you see a scenario where Miami uses its #2 on Benson?

Former Florida State quarterback Adrian McPherson officially announced he will enter the upcoming NFL draft and is also expected to tell the Nashville Kats of the Arena Football League he will not report, as he prepares for the draft in California with coaches and trainers that work with Leigh Steinberg, his agent....McPherson and his agent hope he'll be drafted in the top 2 rounds, but considering his lack of college experience and past off-field problems, that won't be easy. McPherson told Florida media he hoped the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would select him.

Hey Boomer,

Have you had a chance to watch the junior DE from Maryland play? Where do you project him to go in the draft?
88036-1.jpeg

PS... I still think that DT Randy Starks will be and is the better DT above fat Wilfork.

PhinstiGator said:
Hey Boomer,

Have you had a chance to watch the junior DE from Maryland play? Where do you project him to go in the draft?
88036-1.jpeg

PS... I still think that DT Randy Starks will be and is the better DT above fat Wilfork.

Hey Phins....yes I have.....he's a tremendous prospect who I fully expect to come off the board in the top 15 picks at worst.

Starks had a very good year for the Titans and was a complete steal. Wilfork too played well to give him his dues.

Boomer,

A lot of talk on here today about special teams. Do you see any kickers or punters being drafted high or at all? Do you see value in drafting a K or P, or just pick one up and stick him in there?

And always, thanks for all your input!

Boomer, I've heard that D'Brickashaw Ferguson is staying in school. However, given how highly he's rated, do you think there's a chance he'll say "you know what, it's not worth risking a major injury when I'm a possible top 5 pick" and come out?

phunwin said:
Boomer, I've heard that D'Brickashaw Ferguson is staying in school. However, given how highly he's rated, do you think there's a chance he'll say "you know what, it's not worth risking a major injury when I'm a possible top 5 pick" and come out?

LOVE THE MET'S SIG!!!!!!!

LETS GO METS!!!!!!

Miami

Boomer said:
With just 2 picks on day 1, I wouldn't like to see us use ONE on a QB. As said elsewhere in this thread, Feeley simply has to have more time to develop.
Boomer, Aside from the #2 overall in round 1, what are the other Miami pick #'s per round for the draft?....I havent seen a full listing to know all the selections we have in 2005 draft. I know we gave up some from RFA, and trades etc.

Curious how we can use them to our advantage to fill the holes.

thanks -

Boomer, when do you see Craphonso Thorpe coming off the board? He had a disappointing Senior season, but will his size (6'2") and speed (4.35) offset that to have him go in the first round?

Boomer said:
What I think of Surtain is that he is a tremendous ball player and a great run support tackler. In our scheme, he could be a standout safety. He reads the play well and could patrol the deep field and lengthen his career, allowing Will Poole the chance to bump to the starters spot.
Boomer, wow, interesting, yeah, I like that. By moving Surtain to SS, we let Knight go....thats free's up $$$$ and the move assists Howard or Poole to fight for #2 corner, leaving the other to play nickle.

I think Freeman has upside left at FS. Plus since in our scheme FS/SS is similar Surtain can really increase longevity, and play the SS spot.

This must be why they pay you the big bucks....thanks.

Back
Top Bottom