ASK DAVE: Is the Wildcat dead? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ASK DAVE: Is the Wildcat dead?

Wildcat Formation. Ronnie takes the ball to the left. He Stops. He has Marshall Open in the End Zone. Touchdown Miami!!!!

I don't think its dead. The acquistion of Marshall leads me to believe it won't be used a s frequently. It all depends on if Ronnir returrns.

The attachment shows a possible formation. View attachment 6187

The snap can go to Chad or Ronnie... imagine how much the D has to be prepare for that possibility. One of the keys IMO to this formation is the unbalanced line so I kept it. Ricky, Hartline, & Marshall are the other skill positions.

Should the snap go to Ronnie; Marshall would add an element to the cat passing attack that Penny couldn't in '08.

With Ronnie back (the only "trigger man" who had real success unless Pat White makes a miraculous upgrade) I think we keep the 'Cat if nothing for the added complexity it poses to opposing defenses. If they don't prepare, they get a heavy dose of it and we are more likely to win. They do, we shift to our bread-and-butter formations and play on. The Wildcat doesn't have to take Marshall off the field and can be more effective with a big target like him for an inexperienced QB (Brown or White) to throw to.

Marshall definately doesn't eliminate the Wildcat or Denver wouldn't have been running the WildHorses last year.

Back
Top Bottom