Ask KB21 A Question!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask KB21 A Question!!!

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Kb what do you think of Nick Saban come draft time?? if we are top 5 what does he do go Defense Offense? IS LEinart the real deal? Who and which Qb's will be declaring according to you? Is Aj Hawk the best Lb to come out Since Brian urlacher of New MExico?

I respect KB and if he's willing to answer I'll throw my questions in.

How good is Ngata? What will make a bigger impact for our defense long term, getting a special DT like Ngata or a CB like Williams or one of the big time LB's?

Speaking of LB's, how good is Ahmad Brooks? Has his injury and subsequent poor play made him a major value should he declare or has this season shed light on some previously unseen weaknesses in his game? When healthy how does he compare with the top LB's?

Obviously here's a QB question, Is Leinart the real deal? Is Quinn? Which would you rather draft were they both to be available?

If the QB's are gone when we pick (because Young and Quinn stay in school and Leinart goes real early), are the players in the 5-10 range really special or is there enough talent at need positions like LB and safety where it owuld make sense to trade down and acquire more picks? In other words is there a huge dropoff between the 1st and 3rd or 4th LB in the draft or Williams and guys like Bing and Huff?

How about O-Line, is Winston overrated? Do we need to go O-Line or do we look good enough now where spending a 1st there wouldn't make alot of sense?

Obviously you don't have to answer all of them (or any of them), but thanks for any insight you do provide.

dominizzo said:
Kb what do you think of Nick Saban come draft time?? if we are top 5 what does he do go Defense Offense? IS LEinart the real deal? Who and which Qb's will be declaring according to you? Is Aj Hawk the best Lb to come out Since Brian urlacher of New MExico?

I think Nick is very organized around draft time and the system for evaluating players that he and Bill Belichick developed is a proven system. The input that Randy Mueller gives will be a plus.

Looking at the landscape of the draft, I believe a top 5 pick will likely be a defensive player. I don't think Miami will pick in the top five, but if they did, I think they would look at Jimmy Williams, Ahmad Brooks, and maybe AJ Hawk.

Yes, Lienart is absolutely the real deal. I'd put him right up there with Peyton and Eli Manning in terms of being the best quarterback prospects in the last ten years.

I'd keep an eye on Omar Jacobs declaring. I don't think Brady Quinn will declare. Vince Young may yet declare if there is a team out there that will use a top 5 pick on him.

A.J. Hawk is very, very good, but when he's healthy, I believe that Ahmad Brooks is a better prospect.

KB21 said:
I think Nick is very organized around draft time and the system for evaluating players that he and Bill Belichick developed is a proven system. The input that Randy Mueller gives will be a plus.

Looking at the landscape of the draft, I believe a top 5 pick will likely be a defensive player. I don't think Miami will pick in the top five, but if they did, I think they would look at Jimmy Williams, Ahmad Brooks, and maybe AJ Hawk.

Yes, Lienart is absolutely the real deal. I'd put him right up there with Peyton and Eli Manning in terms of being the best quarterback prospects in the last ten years.

I'd keep an eye on Omar Jacobs declaring. I don't think Brady Quinn will declare. Vince Young may yet declare if there is a team out there that will use a top 5 pick on him.

A.J. Hawk is very, very good, but when he's healthy, I believe that Ahmad Brooks is a better prospect.

Thank you but PPl are saying THAt Greenway and HAwk are the reel deel and that Brooks is dropping like hot cakes

caneaddict said:
I respect KB and if he's willing to answer I'll throw my questions in.

How good is Ngata? What will make a bigger impact for our defense long term, getting a special DT like Ngata or a CB like Williams or one of the big time LB's?

Speaking of LB's, how good is Ahmad Brooks? Has his injury and subsequent poor play made him a major value should he declare or has this season shed light on some previously unseen weaknesses in his game? When healthy how does he compare with the top LB's?

Obviously here's a QB question, Is Leinart the real deal? Is Quinn? Which would you rather draft were they both to be available?

If the QB's are gone when we pick (because Young and Quinn stay in school and Leinart goes real early), are the players in the 5-10 range really special or is there enough talent at need positions like LB and safety where it owuld make sense to trade down and acquire more picks? In other words is there a huge dropoff between the 1st and 3rd or 4th LB in the draft or Williams and guys like Bing and Huff?

How about O-Line, is Winston overrated? Do we need to go O-Line or do we look good enough now where spending a 1st there wouldn't make alot of sense?

Obviously you don't have to answer all of them (or any of them), but thanks for any insight you do provide.

Ngata is very good. You just don't see many players that are his size and can move like he can.

Jimmy Williams may be better as a safety in the NFL than as a cornerback. I don't quite think he's as good in coverage as a guy like Antrell Rolle was, but we'll see.

The cornerback position is harder to fill than the defensive tackle position, so if I had the choose between a top flight corner or a defensive tackle, I'd go with the corner. I'd probably go with a defensive tackle over a linebacker though.

When healthy, Ahmad Brooks is amazing. He's 6'4", 250 lbs, and is athletic enough to have returned punts in the past. I think he can play inside or outside.

Leinart is clearly the top quarterback, but I believe that Brady Quinn has made a name for himself. If I had the opportunity to take Leinart though, there is no way I'd pass on it.

It's hard to say what the dropoff will be at this time. The secondary is a weaker position for this draft, but the linebacker spot is very deep.

Going with an offensive lineman all depends on your conviction that he will be a great lineman. I think Marcus McNeill will be awfully tempting, but I don't think OL is a major need at this point. However, if McNeill is the best player there, I can see us drafting him. Based on his play this year, I do feel that Eric Winston is being overrated, but that's more due to the potential he showed as a sophomore when many thought he could be another Robert Gallery.

KB

Going into this year, most people would have assumed that the Fins would draft OL... but, it has turned out to be one of the bright spots on our team. Houck was done a fantastic job. My question for you (not really a question, more like a comment):

IMO this draft will focus on the D. People said it last year and I think it is evident again-for this team to compete, the D must be rebuilt with youth. Otherwise, you have this never ending cycle going where the O is finally coming around but the D has broken down... The O is actually closer to being "there", because our talent on this side of the ball is fairly young and quite obviously being held back by poor QB play. Add an NFL caliber starting QB and the offense will be fine... But, as a Dolphins fan living among many fans of other teams, I can just imagine people going absolutely nuts come April when nearly all of Sabans picks (especially the high ones) are on the defensive side of the ball. They fail to realize that the O is a QB away from being competitive... So, if you're Saban, how do you see the positional breakdown going come the draft? IMO we will likely go defense mostly with a QB taken somewhere on Day 1 (not round 1, but 2-3) and possibly a WR somewhere in there. Could a WR be a first day pick or is it more likely to be a late round "project"? Where do you see Nick's emphasis- the Dline? Linebackers? DBs? And, if possible, who are some of the more underrated guys, in your eyes, at these positions that Nick may know well from his days in the SEC and that we could steal. Any guys that may be falling due to injury, like Channing? I know Jason Allen, the CB from Tennessee...

Thanks KB.

Hey KB,what do you think of Pinegar? Of the LB's do you like Hawk,Carpenter or Greenway better? Where do you see Schlegel going?(what round?).Also, what do you think of Cutler? Sorry about all the questions.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Hey KB,what do you think of Pinegar? Of the LB's do you like Hawk,Carpenter or Greenway better? Where do you see Schlegel going?(what round?).Also, what do you think of Cutler? Sorry about all the questions.

Ozzy rules!!
Cutler is a great late 1st-early second rounder depending on his all-star bowl and combine,.. Nice mobility, above average arm strength, and the intangibles you can't measure. His footwork is a small problem but something that can be fixed...his "leadership" is outstanding

KB21 said:

Exactly... I don't know how many times I've said that and be argued against.

My comments are about Cutler. I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB. Clearly he's on a team that's horrible, and Vandy wouldn't be close to where they're without him. However, as far as being an NFL prospect I think he's somewhat overrated (being in round 1). I think he's no better then Charlie Frye as a prospect (different abilities obviously). Cutler has great leadership ability, strong arm, and a good athlete. However his mechanics and footwork are a bit sloppy, and he turns into a poor mans Brett Favre at times (gunslinger).

I've seen him play great against Tennessee and the worst you can play against LSU (not that that game can be thrown on his shoulders, his oline let him down big time), and I'm not sold on him one way or another. What do you think of him (I heard you are high on him, but I'm curious to read your scouting report)?

KB,

I posed this question in another thread but I want your 2 cents too:

What do you think about D.J. Shockley? From what I've seen (which is about 3 games), he has a very accurate arm and he can zip it in there. Plus he is very mobile. The only thing that is hurting him IMO is that he's listed at 6' 1" which may be a stretch. Do you think he's got any chance to play in the NFL? He's playing great in the toughest conference in CFB but I know that that doesn't always translate into playing great in the NFL. Looking forward to your response.

Dolfan1000 said:
KB

Going into this year, most people would have assumed that the Fins would draft OL... but, it has turned out to be one of the bright spots on our team. Houck was done a fantastic job. My question for you (not really a question, more like a comment):

IMO this draft will focus on the D. People said it last year and I think it is evident again-for this team to compete, the D must be rebuilt with youth. Otherwise, you have this never ending cycle going where the O is finally coming around but the D has broken down... The O is actually closer to being "there", because our talent on this side of the ball is fairly young and quite obviously being held back by poor QB play. Add an NFL caliber starting QB and the offense will be fine... But, as a Dolphins fan living among many fans of other teams, I can just imagine people going absolutely nuts come April when nearly all of Sabans picks (especially the high ones) are on the defensive side of the ball. They fail to realize that the O is a QB away from being competitive... So, if you're Saban, how do you see the positional breakdown going come the draft? IMO we will likely go defense mostly with a QB taken somewhere on Day 1 (not round 1, but 2-3) and possibly a WR somewhere in there. Could a WR be a first day pick or is it more likely to be a late round "project"? Where do you see Nick's emphasis- the Dline? Linebackers? DBs? And, if possible, who are some of the more underrated guys, in your eyes, at these positions that Nick may know well from his days in the SEC and that we could steal. Any guys that may be falling due to injury, like Channing? I know Jason Allen, the CB from Tennessee...

Thanks KB.

Nick's forte is the secondary, so I feel that if there is a good cornerback or safety out there, Nick will look to get him. What he drafts will be dependent upon who the best player on the board is at that time. Who knows? If we are in a position to draft a guy like Mario Williams from NC State, he would be an interesting addition to the team. He's a 6'6", 280 lbs defensive end that has drawn comparisons to Julius Peppers, a player Nick absolutely raved about early in the year.

Back
Top Bottom