Ask yourself this...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask yourself this......

ButchFragrance

Active Roster
Reaction score
Winners this weekend Smith, Roethlisberger, Wilson, and Rodgers.

Losers were Hoyer, McCarron, Bridgewater, Cousins.

Where does TanneHenne fit in????

It's too early to tell with Tannehill I've heard.

None of those guys would've been playing this weekend if they were on the Dolphins. It's not all on the quarterback

There are only two ways Miami would have made the playoffs this year: if we had played in the AFC South, or in the NFC East.

We scored 310 points and gave up 389 points. The only teams we were within 30 points of on either count were the Texans (points scored) and Redskins (points allowed). We weren't even remotely close to any of the other teams.

Two playoff games came down to the wire, and two were decided by 3+ scores. The Redskins and Texans were the two teams that lost by three or more scores.

The Miami Dolphins were not a playoff caliber football team in 2015, regardless of whether or not #QBWinz.

Wilson and Rothlesburger didn't do enough. Tannehill would have probably done more.

I do not believe Alex Smith has had a better season in his ten years as a QB than Tannehill has had in his last 2 years...

I do not believe Alex Smith has had a better season in his ten years as a QB than Tannehill has had in his last 2 years...

Alex Smith is on an 11 game win streak and just led his team to a post-season victory. I wish Tannehill the same kind of success, even if they aren't in the same league this season.

I'm still a Tannehill supporter, albeit not as much as I once was, but Alex Smith is one QB that doesn't get enough respect as he should. The year before he got to KC, the Chiefs were 2-14. The very next year, they made the playoffs and are always in the discussion for the postseason since he got to that team. Hell, he was also 4th in the league in rushing yards by a QB this season, up there with Cam, Russell Wilson and some other guy (forget who).

He did this season.

Alex Smith has completed 61.0% of his passes over his career, 3.9% for touchdowns, 2.3% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 6.7. He's been sacked on 8.2% of his dropbacks.

Ryan Tannehill has completed 61.9% of his passes, 3.9% for touchdowns, 2.4% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 6.9. He's been sacked on 7.6% of dropbacks.

This season, Ryan Tannehill completed 61.9% of his passes, 4.1% for touchdowns, 2.0% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 7.2. He was sacked on 7.1% of dropbacks. His team finished 6-10.

This season, Alex Smith completed 65.% of his passes, 4.3% for touchdowns, 1.5% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 7.4. He was sacked on 8.7% of dropbacks. His team finished 11-5 and just won a playoff game 30-0.

This was easily the best statistical season of Alex Smith's career, unless you count the 9 games he started in 2012, when he completed a ridiculous 70.2% of his passes, 6.0% for touchdowns, 2.3% for interceptions, and 8.0 yards per attempt. He was sacked on 9.9% of dropbacks and had a record of 6-2-1 as a starter.

The year the 49ers went 13-3 and went to the NFC Championship game, he had a really low interception rate (1.1%) but was otherwise unremarkable.

Coaching matters.

He did this season.

Alex Smith has completed 61.0% of his passes over his career, 3.9% for touchdowns, 2.3% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 6.7. He's been sacked on 8.2% of his dropbacks.

Ryan Tannehill has completed 61.9% of his passes, 3.9% for touchdowns, 2.4% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 6.9. He's been sacked on 7.6% of dropbacks.

This season, Ryan Tannehill completed 61.9% of his passes, 4.1% for touchdowns, 2.0% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 7.2. He was sacked on 7.1% of dropbacks. His team finished 6-10.

This season, Alex Smith completed 65.% of his passes, 4.3% for touchdowns, 1.5% for interceptions, with an average yards per attempt of 7.4. He was sacked on 8.7% of dropbacks. His team finished 11-5 and just won a playoff game 30-0.

This was easily the best statistical season of Alex Smith's career, unless you count the 9 games he started in 2012, when he completed a ridiculous 70.2% of his passes, 6.0% for touchdowns, 2.3% for interceptions, and 8.0 yards per attempt. He was sacked on 9.9% of dropbacks and had a record of 6-2-1 as a starter.

The year the 49ers went 13-3 and went to the NFC Championship game, he had a really low interception rate (1.1%) but was otherwise unremarkable.

Coaching matters.

I was looking at it from TD's, Yards and Interceptions.

Back
Top Bottom