Ask yourself this...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask yourself this......

I'm still a Tannehill supporter, albeit not as much as I once was, but Alex Smith is one QB that doesn't get enough respect as he should. The year before he got to KC, the Chiefs were 2-14. The very next year, they made the playoffs and are always in the discussion for the postseason since he got to that team. Hell, he was also 4th in the league in rushing yards by a QB this season, up there with Cam, Russell Wilson and some other guy (forget who).

Don't get me wrong, i like Alex Smith a lot. But he's not better than Tannehill. If Alex Smith can be a playoff QB then so can Ryan Tannehill.

Russell Wilson used his psychic powers to will Walsh to miss a 27 yard field goal.

Don't get me wrong, i like Alex Smith a lot. But he's not better than Tannehill. If Alex Smith can be a playoff QB then so can Ryan Tannehill.

Alex Smith is a playoff QB, not can be. Tannehill is not a playoff QB (thus far). Tannehill has to prove himself to be something he has yet to achieve.

Miami didn't make the playoffs so he doesn't fit. Neither does Eli, Rivers, Romo, Ryan, Luck, etc...

I was looking at it from TD's, Yards and Interceptions.

In terms of sheer efficiency numbers, Alex Smith outplayed Ryan Tannehill this season. Period. Point blank. Alex Smith was better than Ryan Tannehill in 2015.

Now, it's true that the Kansas City Chiefs have a good defense and a good rushing attack, and they are balanced on offense. The Miami Dolphins have a bad defense and an inconsistent rushing attack, and we were not balanced on offense. So, Ryan Tannehill put up more touchdowns and yards than Alex Smith this year purely based on volume of attempts.

If you want to go purely by overall career efficiency numbers, Ryan Tannehill has been objectively the better player, as his efficiency numbers are a little bit better than Alex Smith's and he has six years less pro experience. Considering that pocket passers tend to trend upward over time in terms of efficiency (and actually peak in their 30s), that is one more reason I continue to believe that Ryan Tannehill can get the Miami Dolphins to a championship as he gets more experience and he gets better coaching and a better team around him.

Alex Smith was a 'lost cause' before he met Jim Harbaugh and then Andy Reid. Since then, he's won multiple playoff games, and actually been pretty good in those games. Don't ever forget that.

In terms of sheer efficiency numbers, Alex Smith outplayed Ryan Tannehill this season. Period. Point blank. Alex Smith was better than Ryan Tannehill in 2015.

Now, it's true that the Kansas City Chiefs have a good defense and a good rushing attack, and they are balanced on offense. The Miami Dolphins have a bad defense and an inconsistent rushing attack, and we were not balanced on offense. So, Ryan Tannehill put up more touchdowns and yards than Alex Smith this year purely based on volume of attempts.

If you want to go purely by overall career efficiency numbers, Ryan Tannehill has been objectively the better player, as his efficiency numbers are a little bit better than Alex Smith's and he has six years less pro experience. Considering that pocket passers tend to trend upward over time in terms of efficiency (and actually peak in their 30s), that is one more reason I continue to believe that Ryan Tannehill can get the Miami Dolphins to a championship as he gets more experience and he gets better coaching and a better team around him.

Alex Smith was a 'lost cause' before he met Jim Harbaugh and then Andy Reid. Since then, he's won multiple playoff games, and actually been pretty good in those games. Don't ever forget that.

I agree. I look at a guy like Alex Smith and i look at Ryan and i see no reason why Ryan can't make it in the NFL. He doesn't have to be Manning, Brady et al to be a successful QB in this league.

What was it, his 7th year, when he finally showed some sembelance of putting things together? IIRC, he was almost out of the league before Harbaugh came along...

Curious to know what those playoff QB's oline rankings are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packers OL has struggled, especially with injuries. Packers offense was really struggling lately and then turned it on today after a 1st quarter that prompted fans here to comment that they looked just like the Dolphins. Not that I blame them, because they really did look just like us in that series where they had an incomplete pass, a 1 yard run, a false start, and a sack for a safety.

Back
Top Bottom