Asking Fellow Fin Fans in Tampa/Brandon Area For Help? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asking Fellow Fin Fans in Tampa/Brandon Area For Help?

well, it sucks man so your best options is to try and start your own business. Thats what i would do.

You received some sound advice here. The only thing I can think to add is to seek out and volunteer your time and newfound skill set to charities and schools... taking on as much as you can for no monetary reward.

This will afford you some needed experience on that "no experience Catch-22, " enable you to pick up some respected current work-related references, make you feel productive and provide more functional talking points.. which is a magic elixer in affecting the way you interview, create the perception of the charitable good works offsetting some of your negatives and finally serve up some "resume glue" to your chronology between then and now.

You've gone unemployed for some time and obviously there are financial pressures but since what you've been doing to this point hasn't been successful, look at the Pro Bono volunteer work, if you can secure some (and the more, and more varied the better) as the ultimate in investing in yourself.

All that being said, if there are groups made up of hiring organizations and representatives dedicated to providing second chances, like they themselves received, I'd do some research to identify and seek them out.

JMO

Back
Top Bottom