Asomugha will be Released Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha will be Released Today

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

The glut of corners has to tell me that we can snag a vet to replace Smith.

just him being on the market says we need to sign atleast 1 CB

He may come at a discount since he has a lot of money being paid to him by the Eagles.

No surprise there. He's worth a call to see what he's looking for, but in all honesty, this guy isn't what he was when he was a Raider. Might sign a short-term deal to show everyone he still has it. Might be worth it.

Depending how much he wants, how about signing him and resigning Smith? Seemed like they were close earlier in their careers. Remember reading how he would look out for Smith when he was a rookie.

I may be in the minority here but I think Namdi's declining play in Philly was more of him not being a good fit than his skills diminishing!!! I'd hope Miami does it's homework on Namdi, he could revive his career under Coyle,

Totally worth a call if he isn't looking for top 5 corner money

Hmmm, the Top Free Agent from 2 years ago gets a big deal, plays like crap, and is off the team after two seasons...let's hope this doesn't happen in 2013.

Zone or press, I checked his stats. The guy has played 10 years and has 15 interceptions, with 8 of them coming in one season. How exactly does he demand such a ridiculous salary?

He played for a Man system in OAK and played better than Revis, then Philly he switched to a zone guy, he's not a zone guy, he's a man/press CB. Philly is notorious for signing players that are out of system and you see how that pans out.

Back
Top Bottom