Assesment of each player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assesment of each player

kmev827!

Rookie
Reaction score
This is my opinion of each starting player on this team individually and whether they are keepers. I'd like to know what the rest of you think.

Offense:

Matt Moore - Clearly not starting caliber. Has heart, but lacks talent. Really hard to win with him as starter. (peace out)

Daniel Thomas - Very talented. Could be a top 5-10 back if healthy. (keeper)

Reggie Bush - Good player to have. His expectations will always haunt him. (kepper at right price)

Brandon Marshall - tremendous talent, but spacey at times. With a great qb, would be a monster.(keeper)

Brian Hartline - solid, but not a difference maker. (Not-keeper)

Davone Bess - Great slot option. This guy will be a star if he ever pairs up with a great qb.(Keeper).

Anthony Fasano - Solid vet. Not part of our future.(Gone)

Jake Long - All pro. Not having a great season though.(Keeper)

Incognito - need an upgrade. (Bye)

Pouncey - solid. Shoudl be our center for next 10 years.(Keeper)

Carey - probablly on his last leg. Had good years, but should look to upgrade.(Later)

Colombo - complete garbage. good for him for still collecting a pay check. (Later)

Defense:

Randy Starks - Very good player. (Keeper)

Paul Solia - Solid. Tough call on whether we should resign him.(Keeper)

Kendall Langford - Solid, but not spectacular. (Replaceable)

Cameron Wake - Heart of a lion. If we ever have success, i hope he is there for it. (Keeper).

Kevin Burnett - POS. Bad signing. We would be better off with Crowder. (Wish you never happened).

Dansby - professional with pride. (Keeper)

Koa Misi - registered with witness protection. Not an impact player and never will be. (Move on)

Vonate - not Revis, but very good. I'll take him on every team.(Keeper)

Sean Smith - below average. We should look for upgrade.(Gone)

Y Bell - safety with the mind of a linebacker. He's no polamaulu, but I love him. (Keeper)

Reshad Jones - unremarkable. Maybe he will improve, but he's hurt us this year. (Backup).

In conclusion, if we just had a top qb and a solid head coach, I think this team, next year, could be a playoff tea. We have talent. We just lack proper management and leadership.

I agree with most of your assessment. Misi is a good player and better served in the middle.

I have to say I'm disappointed in Davis. He was totally lacking effort and totally not finishing plays a game ago. I was like who is that "not running" after the player that just bolted him (it was a big gain for the other team), he was not running and gave up before the play was over. He had to have been given **** for that from the coaches. I'm not impressed with him or Smith. And likely that partly stems from them saying they are so great. Please.

I have to say I'm disappointed in Davis. He was totally lacking effort and totally not finishing plays a game ago. I was like who is that "not running" after the player that just bolted him (it was a big gain for the other team), he was not running and gave up before the play was over. He had to have been given **** for that from the coaches. I'm not impressed with him or Smith. And likely that partly stems from them saying they are so great. Please.

Agreed, I really thought he was going to take off this year. Such a complete player when he on, superb tackler and run supporter and cover guy. Disappointing that hes out and our depth at the position is terrible.

This is my opinion of each starting player on this team individually and whether they are keepers. I'd like to know what the rest of you think.

Offense:

Matt Moore - Clearly not starting caliber. Has heart, but lacks talent. Really hard to win with him as starter. (peace out)

Brandon Marshall - tremendous talent, but spacey at times. With a great qb, would be a monster.(keeper)

Defense:

Y Bell - safety with the mind of a linebacker. He's no polamaulu, but I love him. (Keeper)

In conclusion, if we just had a top qb and a solid head coach, I think this team, next year, could be a playoff tea. We have talent. We just lack proper management and leadership.

Disagree with the forementioned in some way.

Matt Moore would make a solid Backup, if we can keep him at that role than I'm all for it.

Brandon Marshall hasn't shown me anything in the past two years that he is a solid playmaker. He kills more plays with his drops than he makes with his talent.

Brian Hartline has been a pretty good reciever, hes not going to be the big play maker or your number 1 guy, but I'm okay with that.

Fasano is good at both catching and servicable at blocking, until we are able to land better I would keep him, We wont be able to address all our needs in one year and Fasano is good enough that I think TE can wait.

Bell: Whenever I see the Dolphins giving up a big play I always seem to see Bell missing a tackle or getting burned.

Offense:

Reggie Bush - Good player to have. His expectations will always haunt him. (kepper at right price)

Davone Bess - Great slot option. This guy will be a star if he ever pairs up with a great qb.(Keeper).

Carey - probablly on his last leg. Had good years, but should look to upgrade.(Later)

Colombo - complete garbage. good for him for still collecting a pay check. (Later)

Defense:

Cameron Wake - Heart of a lion. If we ever have success, i hope he is there for it. (Keeper).

Kevin Burnett - POS. Bad signing. We would be better off with Crowder. (Wish you never happened).

Koa Misi - registered with witness protection. Not an impact player and never will be. (Move on)

Reshad Jones - unremarkable. Maybe he will improve, but he's hurt us this year. (Backup).

In conclusion, if we just had a top qb and a solid head coach, I think this team, next year, could be a playoff tea. We have talent. We just lack proper management and leadership.[/QUOTE

This is deluisional! Playoffs! I would consider this notion if we played in the NFC West, even then that would be a stetch.

Offense:

Defense:

In conclusion, if we just had a top qb and a solid head coach, I think this team, next year, could be a playoff tea. We have talent. We just lack proper management and leadership.[/QUOTE

Agree with most of your assesments. However in this division we are years away from coming in third, let alone first place.

Offense: Long, Pouncey and Thomas

Defense: Dansby, Starks, Davis

That is your starting talent. Some will stay for depth. I won't be surprised if the new regime replaces 20 on the roster.

I think most of the players on this team are at least solid. If we had a good qb(top 10-15) we would probablly be 3-4. If we had a great qb (top 5 (maybe Luck)) we would maybe be 4-3 or 5-2. Just look back to when Pennington came in. He was a solid qb and we improved by 10 games. I think we could do the same within the next year or two if we draft Luck or possibly Barkley or Jones. That's why, although I hate the idea of rooting for the Dolphins to lose, and I can't bring myself to do it, an 0-16 season might be the best thing that ever happened to the Miami Dolphins.

Any upgrade is welcome as long as we already have the replacement on the roster. Seems like we drop people with no replacement at times.

That's not even how football works ....

They'll simply keep trying to upgrade every position, like every team in the league.

We have so many roster spots with low-talent ... they'll keep anyone with a little talent for ST.

The only "cuts" will be if their talent/salary ratio are out of whack, they'll get cut & pick up a cheap youngster ... or a FA with more talent. (Both will be upgrades as aforementioned.)

Rating players would have been more productive in the off-season ... then one might have seen a dismal season (but not the FUBAR we're in now with Tony's coaching)

He was running on one hamstring..

Back
Top Bottom