Assessment of the Win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assessment of the Win

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Positives:
- Henne no turnovers- Today called for caution with the football. A turnover by the QB would have lost the game. Best thing the QB did.
- Bess getting 1st downs in the 2nd half
- Marshall's block on Whitner. DECLEATED!
- The o-line muscled up and got the necessary yards when everyone in the house knew they were running.
- Long came through even with the tweaked knee
- While the Bills o-line is brutal, the pass rush was excellent...especially at the end of the game with a four man rush.
- Dansby all over the field
- Chris Clemons made more plays today than Gibril Wilson did all last year.
- YB physical approach.
- Jason Allen in Lee Evans' pocket most of the day
- Fields punt in the 4th quarter

Negatories...
- Carpenter's miss
- Carpenter's kicking the ball out of bounds
- Jason Allen and Benny Sapp not holding on to pick sixes...cannot drop those
- Lack of explosive plays
- Handful of drops
- Breakdown in coverage on the Parrish TD

Feel free to discuss...
-

Positives:
- Henne no turnovers- Today called for caution with the football. A turnover by the QB would have lost the game. Best thing the QB did.
- Bess getting 1st downs in the 2nd half
- Marshall's block on Whitner. DECLEATED!
- The o-line muscled up and got the necessary yards when everyone in the house knew they were running.
- Long came through even with the tweaked knee
- While the Bills o-line is brutal, the pass rush was excellent...especially at the end of the game with a four man rush.
- Dansby all over the field
- Chris Clemons made more plays today than Gibril Wilson did all last year.
- YB physical approach.
- Jason Allen in Lee Evans' pocket most of the day
- Fields punt in the 4th quarter

Negatories...
- Carpenter's miss
- Carpenter's kicking the ball out of bounds
- Jason Allen and Benny Sapp not holding on to pick sixes...cannot drop those
- Lack of explosive plays
- Handful of drops
- Breakdown in coverage on the Parrish TD

Feel free to discuss...
-

lol that was awesome, Im sure that was for him opening his mouth before the game guaranting a win.
and i agree, jason and sapp need those make those catches.

Great post! Add to the positives that Vontae Davis was shut-down all day.

Only thing I didn't like were the drops and how we were letting the Bills D beat up our offense for a little bit there.

Another thing that was disappointing to me was the play calling> Further, it looked to me that Henne had some open receivers that he didnt see. Not going to harp on it because we won, but I was a little disappointed.

The defense was fun to watch, and we haven't been able to say that in a while. So much pre-snap movement, confusion, swarming to the ball, hitting hard. Nolan has these guys fired up and ready to play. And his schemes really did put guys in position to make plays (examples - 2 pick 6s and Dansby's sack). Sapp and Allen pull those in and all we'd be talking about would be a total defensive domination.

After the safety when Miami received, they needed ten yards to run out the clock, and three plays to get it. They got nine yards.

You can dodge this kind of a bullet against Buffalo, but a team with a better QB will make you pay for it. (New Orleans, New England, Indianapolis, among others.)

Overall, I'm happy with the game. The 'W' & no injuries were the most important things. There was a lot to be optimistic about. It just irked me that Buffalo got 4 more chances with the ball when we should have been able to deny them that opportunity. Go for the throat!

I agree with pretty much all of those, I'd like to add 2 more.

Negative - The playcalling, brutal. Can't stand Henning's conservative playcalling. He plays for FG's, and it pisses me off. It also doesn't help to call plays where the receivers aren't even past the 1st down line on 3rd downs.

Positive - Dan Carpenter's touchbacks. We don't see those often. Let's hope they continue.

time of possession

Miami 37 min.
buffalo 23

first downs we were like 19 to 4 at one point ur something astronomical

It is amazing. 4 mistakes by Fins that could of been 28 points.

Underthrow by Henne or that is a TD
Drop by Sapp or that is a TD
Blown coverage =Bills TD
Dropp by Allen or that is a TD

It is something how it seems when the Fins make a mistake it always equals a TD against them somehow.

Oh & Henning Blows...he was such a detriment last year with his play calling & goofy calls at key times & at least 2 momentum killers today. Ugh!

Seems like it will never be as easy as it could be with this team.

I agree with pretty much all of those, I'd like to add 2 more.

Negative - The playcalling, brutal. Can't stand Henning's conservative playcalling. He plays for FG's, and it pisses me off. It also doesn't help to call plays where the receivers aren't even past the 1st down line on 3rd downs.

Positive - Dan Carpenter's touchbacks. We don't see those often. Let's hope they continue.
That's one thing that annoys me when I watch football. I don't get why on a third down why teams have receivers running routes short of the first down. It makes no sense to me.

I think we can all agree Henning is out next year.. maybe sooner. The first downs were nice, but it didn't really matter because it translated into one touchdown and 2 fields goals (saying two because Carpenter missed one in range). I'm getting so damn tired of the conservative play, the rollouts, 4 WR sets under center, short routes. Etc. I mean, seriously, we had one deep shot to Marshall. Why not go back to him there? He was wide open, it was just a bad throw/catch.

Koa Misi looked great out there today, as did Clemons, Odrick, Vontae...John Jerry opening lanes...screw White and Pat Turner I am pretty darn happy with our drafts these past two years!

Back
Top Bottom