Assessment of the Win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assessment of the Win

After the safety when Miami received, they needed ten yards to run out the clock, and three plays to get it. They got nine yards.

You can dodge this kind of a bullet against Buffalo, but a team with a better QB will make you pay for it. (New Orleans, New England, Indianapolis, among others.)

Overall, I'm happy with the game. The 'W' & no injuries were the most important things. There was a lot to be optimistic about. It just irked me that Buffalo got 4 more chances with the ball when we should have been able to deny them that opportunity. Go for the throat!

That's because for some unknown reason Ricky was in for Ronnie. Ronnie was running way harder today while Ricky was "tripped up" at least 3 times by shoe string tackles. Fact is that if Ronnie is in, we get those yards and end the game with snaps in the victoy formation.

I think we can all agree Henning is out next year.. maybe sooner. The first downs were nice, but it didn't really matter because it translated into one touchdown and 2 fields goals (saying two because Carpenter missed one in range). I'm getting so damn tired of the conservative play, the rollouts, 4 WR sets under center, short routes. Etc. I mean, seriously, we had one deep shot to Marshall. Why not go back to him there? He was wide open, it was just a bad throw/catch.

I don't agree that Henning will be out next year. While you can question anyone's playcalling on an individual play level, overall Henning scores points. Last year he playcalled us to more points than we'd gotten in years. Plus, we were 4th in the NFL in redzone touchdown scoring. Is there an OC out there who you know for a fact is better? Are you willing to wait a year while the team gets used to yet another offensive philosophy?

Also, there were two deep shots to Marshall, the first one was to the sideline and Henne overthrew it. The second one was the one down the middle which Henne underthrew... It makes me think that maybe Henne is still not used to Marshall's speed. First he threw it too far, then overcompensated on the next throw to Marshall and threw it too short.

D-play that shocked me more than a stun gun (DO Taze me bro' ... every week!!) .... Stinky-poo O-play ... but with the SWEET SMELL of a W.

The World Turned Upside Down ...GOOD special teams play ... BAD Kicking Game (except that last beau-TI-ful punt, baby!!)

Henning's playcalling is about the only thing that pissed me off. Running the Wildcat two times in a row and it always gets stuffed the second time (Sparano please do something about this). Our secondary made the Bills look like the Colts with that no-huddle they had going.

Looked to me like the O had a sloooow day due to the QB playing with a pant-load!!
Missed the intermediate & long throws ... and not even good on the short throws.

Alot of plays are called long/middle passes .... someone is checking down to those 1-5 yd passes about EVERY play. I counted 2 passes -1 short of the line. Now, you can blame it all on Henning, not having 99 WRs, etc. ... but if you check down & don't/can't pass long ... WELL, no long passes for you!!

Disagree?? QB Rating is the ole steady-eddie 70.8 ... bout the same as last year ... BUT BUT BUT 20 points higher than the pre-season games.

Back
Top Bottom