Assistant Coaches/Coordinators | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Coaches/Coordinators

Is that all you have to say? - LOL
I was in the moment. Had to ride with it.

In my defense though, I was asked.

As the song says: dont ask me no questions and i wont tell you no lies......

lynyrd skynyrd

Last edited:
Does anyone think it will matter?
Exactly!!

I have no ill will for frank smith and if he can hustle an h/c gig good on him, i truly wish him well.

But he IS replaceable for whatever it is he does here. So unless there is an anouncement after he leaves that the dolphins are bringing back philbin and gace as dual o/c's i think we wont miss a beat or even notice frank is absent whom ever they replace him with.

Special teams replacement - as much I as would like RIzzi or Bisaccia as replacement for Crossman, I don't the Saints or GB would allow a sideways move, So who can you upgrade from their staff

Phil Galiano is Rizzi's number #2 and has been selected to coach ST at the Bowl. might be my number 1
Bryon Storer is Bisaccia's number two, he has been around a few teams, none with McD connection though and could be ready for a jump.

The #1 ST team is Kansas according to PFF, the trouble is I think Dave Toub and Andy Hill (the # 2) are tied to Andy Reid and may never leave!

Jokingly, I was going to make a post suggesting we call the retirement home and see if Mike Westhoff was available. But to my surprise, he's still coaching in the NFL as an assistant head coach in Denver (he's 76!).

For those too young to remember Westhoff, he became ST coach for the Dolphins in 1986 when Don Shula hired him. He was one of the few coaches Jimmy Johnson kept when hired, due to his excellent work fielding special teams units. He was let go by Dave Wannstedt (one of his many brilliant moves 🙄) in 2000, and was scooped up immediately by the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom