Assuming Jeff Fisher ends up in Miami...we switch to 4-3??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Jeff Fisher ends up in Miami...we switch to 4-3???

Just curious, why do some people think Karlos Dansby can't play MLB in a 4-3?

Phillip Merling was All-American 4-3 DE at Clemson. I'd jump at the chance to resign him know we're converting to the 4-3

Jeff Fisher has always been a defensive coach, and was a defensive coordinator before accepting the head coaching job for the Oilers. He then spent 16 seasons coaching up the 4-3 system despite the recent popularity of the 3-4. I think hes pretty determined to stick with what he knows and has had success with. Even if he does switch to a 3-4, you can bet he would want "his guys" running it.

Ya, ya, ya.. I know.. I've been hearing it for a week... doesn't mean he necessarily will.

If we move to the 4-3, look for a LDE via Free Agency.

I don't think Langford or McDaniels provide any pass rush from the 7 Technique.

Misi hasn't shown any flash as a pass rusher, so I wouldn't want to see him there either.

Wake is the ideal 3-4 OLB, so if we transition to the 4-3, I think we should trade him for picks.

Then use the number 9 pick for our pass rushing DE for the next decade.

Starks and Odrick inside in a 4-3 would be beastly.
No he's not... His ONLY strenght is rushing the passer, he somewhat learned to be effective in running situations but lets not kid ourselves, in coverage, he's a liability...

Sign ex-Titan Albert Haynesworth,and current FA Titans Michael Griffin(pro bowl FS) and CB Cortland Finnegan(highly ranked by PFF).

Finnegan is one of the few DB's in the NFL who can actually shut down Wes Welker. This would also free up Sean Smith to cover TE's in some situations. This could be the best secondary in the NFL.

Fisher got the best out of Haynesworth in the past, he may be able to do it again. Albert will be cut by the Bucs and should come very cheap. He may actually come in very hungry and looking to re-establish himself.

Let Soliai,Langford,Merling and Carey walk, unless there is some creative way to sign and trade Soliai or Langford, because both are elite 3-4 DL. These moves free up about 20 mil in cap. Griffin,Finnegan and Albert should only cost about 13 and the Dolphins were already significantly under 120 mil. Other guys are coming off the books as well. JT,Henne,Cook,Colombo,etc. There will be some cap room to sign a few 4-3 LB's and DE's. Guys like
Kroy Bierman DE(situational pass rusher), DE Trevor Scott, DL Trevor Laws,and sign MLB Dan Connor a to nice deal. Connor may be ready to move on to the next level. He is already solid. I think Dansby and Burnett will flourish on the outside. They are both good blitzers and great cover LB's.

If there is cap room go after Nicks OG or Mario Williams if by some miracle he comes available.

Trade Reshad Jones and Brian Hartline for picks.

Trade down and down into the late 1st round and add a few picks. Draft BPA, preferably a pass rushing DE like Whitney Mercilus,Nick Perry,etc. but Coby Fleener wouldn't be a bad pick either, especially if they are able to add a 2nd rounder or two through trade down. Draft Weeden in the bottom of the 2nd round or trade up into the very top of the 3rd to get him. Travis Lewis versatile and gifted LB who can play will,sam, or mike, in the 2nd or early 3rd. OL and RB Jeff Demps .

Sign ex-Titan Albert Haynesworth,and current FA Titans Michael Griffin(pro bowl FS) and CB Cortland Finnegan(highly ranked by PFF).

Finnegan is one of the few DB's in the NFL who can actually shut down Wes Welker. This would also free up Sean Smith to cover TE's in some situations. This could be the best secondary in the NFL.

Fisher got the best out of Haynesworth in the past, he may be able to do it again. Albert will be cut by the Bucs and should come very cheap. He may actually come in very hungry and looking to re-establish himself.

Let Soliai,Langford,Merling and Carey walk, unless there is some creative way to sign and trade Soliai or Langford, because both are elite 3-4 DL. These moves free up about 20 mil in cap. Griffin,Finnegan and Albert should only cost about 13 and the Dolphins were already significantly under 120 mil. Other guys are coming off the books as well. JT,Henne,Cook,Colombo,etc. There will be some cap room to sign a few 4-3 LB's and DE's. Guys like
Kroy Bierman DE(situational pass rusher), DE Trevor Scott, DL Trevor Laws,and sign MLB Dan Connor a to nice deal. Connor may be ready to move on to the next level. He is already solid. I think Dansby and Burnett will flourish on the outside. They are both good blitzers and great cover LB's.

If there is cap room go after Nicks OG or Mario Williams if by some miracle he comes available.

Trade Reshad Jones and Brian Hartline for picks.

Trade down and down into the late 1st round and add a few picks. Draft BPA, preferably a pass rushing DE like Whitney Mercilus,Nick Perry,etc. but Coby Fleener wouldn't be a bad pick either, especially if they are able to add a 2nd rounder or two through trade down. Draft Weeden in the bottom of the 2nd round or trade up into the very top of the 3rd to get him. Travis Lewis versatile and gifted LB who can play will,sam, or mike, in the 2nd or early 3rd. OL and RB Jeff Demps .

Michael Griffin has been awful the past few seasons. If he goes anywhere I think it will be to Detroit because his best years were under Schwartz.

I really don't know why you guys would want Haynesworth. You have a pretty deep DL and you can basically get the same production from any street FA dlineman. Biermann would be a good signing but Scott is injury prone and hasn't done anything this past season.

When the Cards ran the 4-3, Dansby was an OLB. I don't think Burnett has ever played in the 4-3 and he doesn't seem to be like a typical Mike/MLB; more like a Will.

If you guys did switch to the 4-3 and wanted a legit MLB, you would have to break the bank for Curtis Lofton or David Hawthorne.

i love the fact that we have the personal to play either defense so i will be happy either way

No he's not... His ONLY strenght is rushing the passer, he somewhat learned to be effective in running situations but lets not kid ourselves, in coverage, he's a liability...

You're WOLB in a 3-4 should almost NEVER be in coverage.

When he does drop back he is no worse than Harrison is.

Wake graded as the best 3-4 OLB in the NFL (as rated by pro football focus).

As a pass rusher in Nickel packages, yes Wake is best with his hand in the dirt, but he has been very good this past year as the WOLB in our 3-4.

When the Cards ran the 4-3, Dansby was an OLB. I don't think Burnett has ever played in the 4-3 and he doesn't seem to be like a typical Mike/MLB; more like a Will.

If you guys did switch to the 4-3 and wanted a legit MLB, you would have to break the bank for Curtis Lofton or David Hawthorne.

or draft Luke Kuechley (or take a risk on Burfict) or Audie Cole (who seems like a Jeff Fisher type LB).

You're WOLB in a 3-4 should almost NEVER be in coverage.

When he does drop back he is no worse than Harrison is.

Wake graded as the best 3-4 OLB in the NFL (as rated by pro football focus).

As a pass rusher in Nickel packages, yes Wake is best with his hand in the dirt, but he has been very good this past year as the WOLB in our 3-4.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure either CK or Slimm showed that Wake actually is at his best as our STRONG SIDE OLB going up against RTs.

or draft Luke Kuechley (or take a risk on Burfict) or Audie Cole (who seems like a Jeff Fisher type LB).

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure either CK or Slimm showed that Wake actually is at his best as our STRONG SIDE OLB going up against RTs.

I know for sure Wake loves to pass rush from the LE spot. He does whenever we are lined up with a four front.

Not sure what they were talking about, but if they read this and talk about that it would be interesting to find out.

Burfict is suppose to be a nasty beeaaaach, sounds like a J.Fisher player...on the edge of nasty.

Burfict is suppose to be a nasty beeaaaach, sounds like a J.Fisher player...on the edge of nasty.

Burfict, as much as I love him as a prospect, is WAY too reckless right now and emotional. While Fisher has had some... characters... in Tennessee, he likes his LBs to be disciplined.

Michael Griffin has been awful the past few seasons. If he goes anywhere I think it will be to Detroit because his best years were under Schwartz.

I really don't know why you guys would want Haynesworth. You have a pretty deep DL and you can basically get the same production from any street FA dlineman. Biermann would be a good signing but Scott is injury prone and hasn't done anything this past season.

Michael Griffin went to the pro bowl in 2011 and is in everybody's top ten safeties. Are you thinking of some one else.

Haynesworth is a risk for sure, but he is probably going to sign a very low cost one year deal and try to prove to the world he has still got it. That could result in seeing the Albert of old, and the Albert from his Titans days was dominant.

Back
Top Bottom