Assuming that Wallace is gone... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming that Wallace is gone...

I wouldn't mind doubling up on WR in the draft. Cooper/DGB plus Dorsett we would be set for years to come and Tannehill would have plenty of weapons.

should've kept marshall..... give up 2 2's to get him and trade him for 2 3's.. what a shame

is there a receiver in free agency that can come in for 5-7 million this year and perhaps 8 million for 3-4 years. Essentially, replacing Wallace not only on the field but also his pay check (although less than what Wallace was slated to make)? I would still draft a receiver with the first 3 picks.

Good luck getting the same production out of another receiver!?! 10 tds for Wallace last year! He is no one trick pony. I bet if Wallace is gone we don't even win 6 games. With the way our organization has been running in the last couple of years it wouldn't surprise me if we trade Wallace of a 7th rounder! And Wallace has 15tds with another team that has a QB how can throw the deep ball.

I wouldn't mind doubling up on WR in the draft. Cooper/DGB plus Dorsett we would be set for years to come and Tannehill would have plenty of weapons.

My God .... Cooper/ Landry / Dorsett/ Matthews would be a hell of a core.

I think that it is wrong to assume Wallace is gone. The fallback position is that they are trying to get him to accept a paycut of say $3M, if no other team is interested in making a trade.

I don't want Hartline as our number 1 going into the draft, and that's what will happen if we cut Wallace. And if that happens, and the draft being a lottery, all 3 top WR could be gone by the time we pick. I don't think we can afford to trade up and lose draft picks as we have too many positions of need.

Keep Wallace, draft Hartlines replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round, draft the best ILB or DT in the first round unless Parker white or cooper fall to us, then load up on skill positions.

Trade up for Cooper.

Hopefully a good one gets to FA and sign them. Ala a Cobb or even a Maclin.

I like Maclin, but he and Wallace are similar players to me. Although i think he has better hands, I don't see him as a big physical out jumping or muscling a DB for passes. We need a Dez. Demarius, Calvin, Larry, type WR. I'd even take Decham type, not real big but a athletic freak.

i think i questioned this a while ago but no comments....

this is assuming Wallace is gone: are people saying yes to having Hartline here without a restructure of contract? only if restructured? or no Hartline at all?

Good luck getting the same production out of another receiver!?! 10 tds for Wallace last year! He is no one trick pony. I bet if Wallace is gone we don't even win 6 games. With the way our organization has been running in the last couple of years it wouldn't surprise me if we trade Wallace of a 7th rounder! And Wallace has 15tds with another team that has a QB how can throw the deep ball.

Hi, Mike. :3w:

I want us to try and add Eddie Royal to our WR group through free agency assuming Gibson, Hartline, and or Wallace is gone. He's a big upgrade over Hartline and Gibson, and he can play outside or in the slot. If we bring in Royal, draft Parker or DGB, and bump Matthews up, we would have a very solid group for Tannehill.

Royal
Landry
Hartline? (restructure)
Matthews
Parker or DGB

i think i questioned this a while ago but no comments....

this is assuming Wallace is gone: are people saying yes to having Hartline here without a restructure of contract? only if restructured? or no Hartline at all?

I kind of touched on this subject with my post. I would only like to keep Hartline here if he restructures. Just not enough production last year from him, he doesn't seem to fit Lazor's system, and I'm just flat out tired of seeing him fall down every time he catches the ball. We sorely need more athleticism in our receiving group to help out Tannehill and maybe even expand Lazor's system considering his system is based off of his players strengths.

Go get Royal, or Devin Smith/Phil Dorsett via the draft to be our speedster/deep threat and find a big red zone WR, and our offense should become more explosive. I would even double down in the draft with WR like someone else mentioned here in this thread.

Shouldn't be that hard. Pittsburg did it with a 6th round pick.

This...

Every year teams come up with replacements and not every one of them replace their FA's with more expensive FA's... Just draft a guy like Dorsett or maybe White if he's still there, sign a 3rd tier WR (Hankerson, Royal, Salas) and let them battle it out in camp.

I'd be happy with:
Landry
White/Dorsett
Hartline
Hankerson
Matthews
Hazel/Draft pick

even if Wallace is gone...why are we assuming that Hartline stays?

The fact we're even discussing releasing Wallace before Ellerbe is booted so hard out the door tells you everything you need to know about this organization.

The fact we're even discussing releasing Wallace before Ellerbe is booted so hard out the door tells you everything you need to know about this organization.

fine on Ellerbe.... but you really should of used Phillip Wheeler instead

Back
Top Bottom