Assuming that Wallace is gone... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming that Wallace is gone...

The fact we're even discussing releasing Wallace before Ellerbe is booted so hard out the door tells you everything you need to know about this organization.

might be both, i think it goes without saying that both the Ellerbe and the Wheeler contracts were trash...actually all the major contracts That year were really really bad, and we should be looking to purge them all, Hartline, Wallace, Ellerbe, Wheeler and Gibson

$6.6M dead cap money this year and $4.4M dead cap next year if we cut him before March 10. Really? We want to cut Wallace and see him get 1200 yards and 15 TDs for the Panthers or Ravens? It's Brandon Marshall all over again. This franchise sux a@@

Shouldn't be that hard. Pittsburg did it with a 6th round pick.
This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a minute. How many good receivers have we draft lately? Other than Jarvis because that's a cop out answer

The drafting on this team the past decade or so can't even be compared to other teams since it was so horrible, so your point is invalid.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a minute. How many good receivers have we draft lately? Other than Jarvis because that's a cop out answer

Well , that's because the guy who put us in this decision is the same one who was drafting .

He hit big on James and Jarvis last year . I know he missed everywhere else .... But if he has another draft this year where he hits on our first and second round .... Then we'll be just fine.

$6.6M dead cap money this year and $4.4M dead cap next year if we cut him before March 10. Really? We want to cut Wallace and see him get 1200 yards and 15 TDs for the Panthers or Ravens? It's Brandon Marshall all over again. This franchise sux a@@

I want Wallace back too but let's get real. There was only 1 receiver in the NFL with 15 TDs and that was Dez. Wallace career high is 10.. Twice. And he's been over 1200 yards once.

Getting rid of Wallace, they'd have to have a plan to replace him right? They'd have too.

You'd think right? No guarantees with this team. We could end up with rishard mathews as our #2 next year. :D

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The drafting on this team the past decade or so can't even be compared to other teams since it was so horrible, so your point is invalid.

It also cant be compared to any other year other than last year since Ireland is now hickey.

Other than Jarvis. Plus he was a 2nd rounder, the dude is making it sound like good receivers just fall off trees later in the draft, in the 6th round even! which is just assinine. I get that Hickey so far is giving us more reason to like him than Ireland ever did, but you can't just think- "well "we'll draft a corner in the 5th and a receiver in the 6th" and pencil them in as starters.

how many shermans and antonio browns are there really out there?

What round was Wallace drafted? Antonio Brown? It's been proven that it can be done. How many drafts has Hickey had? So "we" is no longer drafting for the Miami Dolphins. But thanks for the "dumb" reply.

BTW, when was the last time a team that was loaded at WR won the Super Bowl?

Brown - 6th
Wallace - 3rd

Yeah, of course, you dont have to spend a first round pick on a receiver. But you're just assuming we're going to hit on every draft pick. and guess what, players (especially a late round receiver) are going to need time to develop? Browns first year he had 16 catches and 167 yards.

I'm more willing to give Mathews a shot than a rookie 6th round pick.

From the last 3 drafts, 5th round+, how many of these receivers are even average?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_draft
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_draft
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_draft

marvin jones looks to be the best. who else?

I personally don't care about the position. Strengthen both lines, use more two tight end sets and run the ball a bit more. Get WR's who fit the system.

I personally don't care about the position. Strengthen both lines, use more two tight end sets and run the ball a bit more. Get WR's who fit the system.

definitely agree on that front. But after today cutting BH and BG. I think wallace will stay and we need to get some guys for sure now.

Back
Top Bottom