Assuming we have Boston what do you draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming we have Boston what do you draft?

Who do we draft then?

• WR Get a third threat

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • QB Rivers is the obvious choice @20

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • OL Hope he can have an impact

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
I say a 3rd WR threat.....someone whos gonna come in this year and help out, imagine having a 3WR passing threat just imagine how much itd open up our running game, teams would have to focus stopping the pass which leaves less tacklers for Ricky to run over.....every team that ive seen have 3 good WRs has been Great (Dallas & Rams) ....i would like a 3rd WR in this draft.

How often do we run 3wr sets though? With how little we use it I think it would almost be a waste of a good player.

Tough choice. It still depends on how we finish out free agency. The important thing is that we would at least have the option to do what we choose by signing Boston.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
How often do we run 3wr sets though? With how little we use it I think it would almost be a waste of a good player.

That was my feeling too. I would rather either a carey or Jake Grove. I personally really like Grove. A real firey center really gives the oline a personality!

If Rivers is there take him, but we know that won't happen. As for WR, if we get Boston, Thompson or Tolver could be the number 3. Like to see Tolver get a shot. So, I would go with best O-lineman available, hopefully Carey or Grove. If we got Grove, could move McKinney to the other guard position, opposite James. Assuming of course he is ready to start right away.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Tough choice. It still depends on how we finish out free agency. The important thing is that we would at least have the option to do what we choose by signing Boston.

I don't know if all my pro-Boston talk yesterday on this board made it clear or not, but I want on the Boston Bandwagon........lol

There's now ay in hell

The phins draft rivers or for that matter a receiver in the first round if they have Boston. Unless a wr drops that has a high first round grade.

I would say they go o-line if one is available that has a first round grade, otherwise they go d-line or or db. Remotely possible that they take a linebacker again with the first pick. Let's face it, ZT and Seau, especially seau aren't exactly spring chicken. Timbo is slowing down and Miami has lacked that run stopping/pass rushing tackle for a while now...damn since gardner was healthy.
We will need to shore up the safety spot as well. Let's face it sammy knight, though he's still young (28 I think) he isn't exactly a perfect fit for our speed defense and Freeman is fast but he isn't the ball hawk Marion was, so let's see how he fares as well.

I would like the idea of Having boston and shoring up the o-line, because we wont be in a situation where we have to make a "need pick" we could possibly go for the best player on the board.

If Miami does get Boston, that really makes this coming draft really boring to watch after the first round.

Rivers has to be the selection if he sits at 20.......

Then use additional first rounder (if we lose O-Gun) 4th rounder of Draft (and FA) to shore up the OL.

Sign FA OL Raiders are about to cut....Mo Collins

you all might as well give up on Rivers

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Rivers has to be the selection if he sits at 20.......

Then use additional first rounder (if we lose O-Gun) 4th rounder of Draft (and FA) to shore up the OL.

Sign FA OL Raiders are about to cut....Mo Collins

i doubt he even make's it to 20, with both Buffalo and pittsburgh, picking ahead of us and besides that, even if he drops, they will not take Rivers because they have Feely. It's like having a wasted pick.

Imagine if feely turns out which I'm betting speilman is pretty sure of and let's face it, judging from the rumors about who he wanted to pick and didn't want to pick, he does have an eye for offensive talent, Picking Rivers at twenty would be a huge wasted pick. Especially when we could trade down with a team like Greenbay or KC and pick up a second so they can be garaunteed a chance at rivers.

Rivers will not be on this team.

Unclemonty, sign me up!

What we would do next is a big question. It would depend on how things shake out on the line in free agency. I would still lean toward taking the best lineman available, be it Andrews, Grove or Carey. However, I would also start considering a trade down from #20 that nets us, say, a 2nd and 3rd (if the 2nd is low in the round) or 2nd and 4th (if the second is high in the round). That would allow us more of a chance to draft for depth, which is going to be needed.

Rivers is the obvious choice. Nobody we draft is likely to help us this year. We already have more fall back options at wr then we do at QB. At OL there are only two Ts with a first round grade and the only one with a slight chance to be available has weight/character issues. The interior lineman in the draft would all be reaches at #20. Those should only be considerations if we can trade down or everybody else including a wr are gone.

Back
Top Bottom