At 1-7… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At 1-7…

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight into why this team didn’t quit on its staff when there was so much swirl (bad record, Watson distractions etc)? What happened? Normally a team clams up and guys start getting “hurt” to save themselves for next year etc. Yet, that didn’t happen (ok, yes, Will Fuller) and the team began chipping away and is clearly now having fun again. What gives?

Regarding the D - that IS curious that we played a very different style early in the year. When you have two excellent corners, shouldn’t you be playing downhill and leaving them on islands a lot? Like what we’ve been doing since the 2nd Bills game?

Losing has its own momentum. Winning can too, though that's much harder to sustain.

Don't forget how hard this team tried to lose that Texans game - one of the worst played football games I've ever seen on either side, it just so happened that most of the dozen times the ball was up for grabs that game it floated our way and refused to let us lose. And once you win one, you can win more. The Ravens are one of the NFL's toughest teams but Lamar is also a primitive passer and that is what Flores eats for lunch. Flores gets eaten for lunch, however, by well developed passing attacks - something that for the second year in a row we've spend the entire middle part of the season not facing, and we really won't face that until New England.

Any chance Fuller comes back and the team says no thank you?
I'm sure they would make sure he earned his place on the gameday roster but not sure how we are in the position to overlook a guy who can legitimately play in this league if he is actually able to play.

Especially if this team really has eyes on playing beyond week 18 (almost said 17).

So odd this situation. Really hard to believe a finger is still keeping him out. He’s a weapon when on the field. Tough call though if he’s been dogging it I think he’s done here.
Wondering about this as well, whats up with that finger? Anybody has any info? He would be an extra weapon on the field

I don't think Fuller has the motivation or ever has to begin with.
I don’t know much about him - had he been a problem in Houston with showing lack of motivation? Something must have happened here, no?

A better question might be, “Why did they seemingly quit during the 7 game losing streak?”

I mean, we were hot garbage.

Back
Top Bottom