At 1-7… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At 1-7…

Regarding the D - that IS curious that we played a very different style early in the year. When you have two excellent corners, shouldn’t you be playing downhill and leaving them on islands a lot? Like what we’ve been doing since the 2nd Bills game?

They began today’s game very similarly. Against another rookie QB.

And it was really pissing me off.

I know Holland was out, but so what?

I somewhat suspect they don’t want to overdo it and show it too much. IDK.

But if they don’t bring it against Taysom Hill and Mac Jones in the rematch, I’m going to be livid.

Make those guys show that they can make quick decisions, the right decisions and be accurate when doing so. Consistently. Against good corners and safeties.

If the Dolphins defenses does it, I really like their chances against those two QB’s and their receivers.

I dont think the team quit but there were a few things going on.

Offensively we went through a 3 to 4 game window where the OL was historically bad. Not gonna say the OL is good now but they are for the most part not glorified traffic cones and are functional.

Did Watson talk play a role? In some ways yes as I think the team played extremely tight. But regression at RB from Gaskin/Ahmed, Grant being useless before the trade, and Parker/Fuller being out played a part. But since then you've had Waddle settle in, Ford surprisingly become a reliable target when called upon, and you've also seen the running game became semi functional (to competent when Lindsey and Duke have ran).

Defensively? Some was that we just weren't getting to the QB early some of it was the injury to Raekwon Davis, most of it was personnel...

I don't hate Jerome Baker like some do, but this was the 2nd year in a row we tried to use Baker as a MIKE early in the season and he just isn't a MIKE... like he's not even functional in that position. When we move him from there and make his role into "see ball chase ball" he's a good player. But when he has to read and react he is not good.

The pass rush has come alive as we've gone to using Seiler and Phillips more. Early I think we were relying too much on Ogbah and AVG and while Ogbah was playing well AVG struggled early. Seiler and Phillips emerging has also opened the game for AVG.

And of course you have the emergence of both Holland and Jones at safety. We all talk about Holland and deservedly so but Brandon Jones does not get enough credit for how much he especially as a Blitzer has made to the D

No pressure. They opened up the game book, especially defensively. I still think they will choke in the final three games. I sure hope not, but history is not kind to us.
If the Dolphins lose any of the last 3 games, it’s not really fair to call them out for choking. It’s REALLY, REALLY, hard to win 6 straight games in the NFL even if you’re a top level team without many flaws. We are obviously not a top level team and are still managing to pull this off with a joke of an O-Line, a shady running game, and a WR corps that can’t stay healthy. It’s actually a really strong testament to the effort these players and coaches are giving.

As for the next 3 games, we play a New Orleans team that just shut out the defending champs, a Tennessee team that had a bad loss today but has consistently been one of the better teams in the AFC the past 2 seasons and a New England team that’s extremely well coached and pretty damn hard to beat 3 times in a row- which Miami will be trying to do.

Losing any of those games isn’t a “choke”. This team has shown a **** ton of heart and pride in refusing to let over and die. I actually don’t expect us to make the playoffs but this 6 game run has made me a believer in this young team we have and I’m ready to watch Tua, Waddle, Phillips and Holland lay waste to the AFC in 2022!!!

Does anyone have insight into why this team didn’t quit on its staff when there was so much swirl (bad record, Watson distractions etc)? What happened? Normally a team clams up and guys start getting “hurt” to save themselves for next year etc. Yet, that didn’t happen (ok, yes, Will Fuller) and the team began chipping away and is clearly now having fun again. What gives?
Tua came back...team wasn't gonna fight for Jacoby...look at the timeline

Tua came back...team wasn't gonna fight for Jacoby...look at the timeline

I wouldnt say they wouldn't fight for Jacoby but... Jacoby didn't help matters. There are things he did well (extending the play at a time the OL was really struggling) but he was either throwing sinkers where the receivers had to go low or he was throwing high where the receiver had to jump. So YAC yardage was limited (one of the reasons Waddle was having a lot of catches bur no yards).

And he held the ball way too long even after extending plays.

Yes we were 1-7 but overall I don’t think we were THAT bad. I remember some of those losses being close games. I think we just have been finding ways to win and make plays where we weren’t doing that during the first half of the season. Tua’s played better. So has the defense. The only loss I’m ashamed of is the Jags loss. That’s unacceptable and may end up costing us a playoff spot, as it should. Should have never lost to that garbage pile of a team.

No pressure. They opened up the game book, especially defensively. I still think they will choke in the final three games. I sure hope not, but history is not kind to us.
I don’t think losing a tough game to a good football team can be considered a choke. Had they lost yesterday, absolutely but any of the next 3 I don’t think so. I mean the Saints shutout Tampa in Tampa, what’s Miami going to do go into NO and hang 30 points. All tough games left.

The Dolphins are far from a complete Team. The defense needs a lot of the credit but I would say that players like Waddle, Holland, Philips, and the veterans coming out there to play hard is something to admire. This season at this point has been a success due to us overcoming a hard slump. I have nothing to complain about.

Really? You think Tua is 7-0 this year?

Spoiler Alert: He's 5-4
Well that's just factually incorrect...Pats Texans (yes he didn't start but he won it) Jets x 2 Giants Panthers Ravens...Jax game he wasn't healthy...how you count the first Bills game against him is BANANAS...face it when Tua came back at full strength the team got better...but I get it you have googly eyes for Herbert...so out of our 7 wins Tua has won all 7

Back
Top Bottom