At last I believe we're drafting the right positions. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At last I believe we're drafting the right positions.

depends on if jeff gets another qb in here whenever FA starts. if we get palmer/orton/kolb then passing on ingram/mallett makes sense.

I don't know about that. Could agree with you on Orton only. Palmer is washed up. Kolb would cost our 2012 1st round pick so no to Kolb.

Besides, I think they're going to go with VY anyway. Actually think VY is talented but obviously a total head case.

I'd rather try my luck with Mallett - especially if we could've gotten him in the late 2nd where we took Thomas - than VY, Kolb at his cost, or Palmer. Orton I could live with IF WE HAD GOTTEN INGRAM.

I like Henne - somewhat. And I'm not the one who benched him TWICE last season - even for Thigpen. This regime benched him. So that's why people were assuming we were going to draft a QB. I guess they're gonna go retread again.

And sorry that I didn't know this was a positive-comments-only Ireland thread. LOL This is like the Chinese government censuring comments. How's this....

Ireland is a genius. We're going to win the SB. Candy canes and lollipops for everyone. Weeeeeeee!!!!!

wasnt tellin you you couldnt post in the thread or that you have to be happy about anything but i was saying theres like 30 other threads where you, wvdolphan and flynryan can b*tch about the picks together.

No need to lose sleep over it - just talking draft.

i know man im just saying some of you guys really go ballistic over some of the picks mainly becuz you wanted someone else in that spot. I get it you want Ryan Mallett...you all want Ryan Mallett...hes a Patriot now so f*ck him.

I do agree with you tho that Palmer is washed up and they are going to want alot for him. To me Orton is the most realistic reliable option, thats just my opinion but im definately not sold on Kevin Kolb as much as some other people are. Andy Reid is gonna rape somebody and i DO NOT want it to be us.

I'm not allowed to call out Ireland for questionable draft picks made to replace and failed FA signings?

Ignore some of the posters on here. These are some of the guys who bought John Beck and Pat White jerseys. They know not what they say.

I think its most interesting that everyone has a like/dislike for orton/kolb/palmer/young. everyone wants another QB in here, and no matter which one we get, people are going to complain.

I think its most interesting that everyone has a like/dislike for orton/kolb/palmer/young. everyone wants another QB in here, and no matter which one we get, people are going to complain.

you got that right. we might as well ride out henne and draft a new qb next year, hopefully it's luck.

For the most part i understand the hate on the F/O ... we all have a right to our opinions ... but I will try to always look at things on the bright side ... and to be honest, thanks to a bad OC, injuries and bad cast offs the team took a step back last year ... when it was expected that the team would win ... I'm not going to Blame the F/O for the injuries to Smiley and Grove, who when healthy were part of an O-Line that was amongst the best in the NFL ... and we all were cheering for them ... unfortunately, the injury history of both Smiley and Grove reared it's head, after 10 games in 2009 ... leaving the team with having to fix the line again ... Pouncey helps the team in 2 ways, and that is something you need in today's NFL ... he wasn't the sexy choice but he was the right choice, considering what took place in 2010 along the O-Line!!!

After 4 years of this regime and 10 + years of being nothing more than mediocre at best...people are telling us to be PATIENT?

LOLLER SKATES!!!!!!

We drafted all positions that we needed, which made this a great draft. My favorite pick of this draft was Gates. He can be the guy to give speed to an offense that could desperately use some.

Jeff's vision?!?!? A center who can't snap, a RB who fumbles, no QB, an OC who just almost set an all time record for lowest scoring season ever, a WR1 who will be suspended soon, and still major questions for the interior OL - even after using a 15th overall pick on a C who's really a G.

Do the rest of us a favor get an IQ test so you can spend time with other special people in a state run institution! Big names don't mean big production. PS You suck!

None of the other positions matter when you don't have a QB.

And having to use the 15th overall on a C is just an indictment of Ireland failing to fill that position over the last 3 years despite signing Grove, Incognito and Berger.

The only thing I can hope for at this point is that Ireland is fired before the 2012 draft. Booooooo!!!!!!!!!

Ingram will be a star and we passed him up. And Mallett would've been worth trading up for if we were gonna trade up into the 2nd. If we had stayed put in the 3rd, Hankerson would've been a great pick. We're gonna need a new WR1 as soon as Marshall gets suspended. Overall, the team is still a hot mess.

Given the lack of a 2nd round pick, I truly do not see how we could have done significantly better. I am a best player available purist, so I would have preferred picking Prince despite having two good CB. I do not know Thomas, and I do not have a good feel for Mallet's true grade. I hope it was lower than Thomas's. In general, there were no reaches unlike many other years. I will take it. I do believe we improved the team with this draft.

In the 2009 season we had a good guard and good powerful running back.

So basically we are back to where we were in 2009.

AWESOME!

The topic is grading the draft not grading the front office. I accept your critcism of Ireland over his tenure with the Dolphins, but you went very far off topic. Within this post, your comment has no value to me.

So we get the 2nd best runner in this draft, get OL help, which was missing last year, and a speed receiver, and you think Mallet was the answer to all our problems...put Mallet behind a OL that can't block, and I think we'd have Henne pt.2, Henne year one, behind a better OL gave us hope he was the man coming into year 2 of his starting..the OL let us down and Henne regressed..,give the man time, like brady has and let's see what we have..I'm just saying, at this point, I really can't tell you if it was Henne or our OL last year..I have a feeling it was a combo of both..but I do think football is won up front..if you can't run, which we couldn't, and you don't have time to pass, which we didn't, I just think our 1st pick reflected our intial poblems from last year, which led to bad running from brown and williams and poor qb play from Henne, and I don't think I watched thighpen like it up when he started in the Chicago game...so I'm a flrm believer that your OL has to be solid first, no matter who's the QB, when the OL isn't, the best qb's don't look good...i.e. Brady against the Giants in their last SB appearance...for me, give me a solid OL first, and then I can evaluate the rest of the skill players.

The question is did Ireland great above average for the value of his picks. How would you have gotten more value out of the picks?

Back
Top Bottom