at least SOMEONE gets it!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at least SOMEONE gets it!!

yeah, Ryan Fitz career backup who has never played in a big game should have no problem leading the mighty Bills to a title game. Last year was the FIRST time in his career he had any expectations to win after the great start. The Jet game in orchard Park was the biggest of his career and he was AWFUL. Let's see him win a semi-big game before we say he could ever help a team reach a title game or beyond.

Ryan Fitz is Matt Moore w a better contract.

At least neither Fitz nor Moore is going to lose his job to a fullback pretending to be a QB. :lol: Kyle Orton lasted 5 games, but Sanchez won't last that long. I figure by the 3rd or 4th game of the season, the Tebots will have run totally amuck in MetLife Stadium, and the Jests' "brain trust" will pull the trigger on Tebowmania. :hclap:

At least neither Fitz nor Moore is going to lose his job to a fullback pretending to be a QB. :lol: Kyle Orton lasted 5 games, but Sanchez won't last that long. I figure by the 3rd or 4th game of the season, the Tebots will have run totally amuck in MetLife Stadium, and the Jests' "brain trust" will pull the trigger on Tebowmania. :hclap:

Kyle Orton was a Fitz/Moore type, put up meaningless #s in meaningless games while losing. Sanchez is a winner, Sanchez has been a part of 4 playoff wins already which is 4 more than Fitz and henne combined and Buf and Miami combined have won 3 since 1996. Sanchez 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons, Buf/Miami 3 playoff wins in their last 32 combined seasons:lol2:

yeah, Ryan Fitz career backup who has never played in a big game should have no problem leading the mighty Bills to a title game. Last year was the FIRST time in his career he had any expectations to win after the great start. The Jet game in orchard Park was the biggest of his career and he was AWFUL. Let's see him win a semi-big game before we say he could ever help a team reach a title game or beyond.

Ryan Fitz is Matt Moore w a better contract.

In week 8 Fitzpatrick got hit hard and legally, ( flags if he was Brady), but seriously, London Fletcher hit him clean and square breaking some ribs. Week 8 the Jets come off a bye and played against a QB who should be out of the game. Fitzpatrick tuffed out the rest of the season on a team with 17 (or there abouts) players on IR.

No excuses Junk, it happens and the team had no depth at crucial positions. So they stunk and Fitzpatrick stunk it up for the most part. We'll see what kind of a start he gets off to in week 1. Even if you feel like puking in your own mouth, you got to admit he played well enough to be called a starter prior to the Skins game.

Miami's Moore might surprise too. Hard for any QB to shine totally if they haven't got the support. I wouldn't wright the Phins off. I think letting Nolan get away will hurt Miami in the short term more than the lack of a QB. Coyle could have some growing pains.

Kyle Orton was a Fitz/Moore type, put up meaningless #s in meaningless games while losing. Sanchez is a winner, Sanchez has been a part of 4 playoff wins already which is 4 more than Fitz and henne combined and Buf and Miami combined have won 3 since 1996. Sanchez 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons, Buf/Miami 3 playoff wins in their last 32 combined seasons:lol2:

What's funny is that you can't argue that Sanchez was better than either Fitz or Moore. All you can argue is that the Jests have been better than the Bills or Fins in the last 15 years. :lol:

Wanna go back and look at the entire decade of the 1990s and see which teams were better then?

You can deny that Sanchez is in trouble but the actions of the Jests FO say otherwise. They signed a FA backup who has experience starting as a sub. Then they traded for a "backup" who ended up the starter on his previous team.

The Bills are looking at a developmental QB. The Fins drafted a rookie QB who needs a lot of time to be NFL ready. Those are moves that say the Bills and Fins are satisfied with their starters.

Yeah, and? Before the last three years, the Jets had won 4 playoff games since 1986. It's funny how only now have you had a legitimate reason to go on your chest-pumping facts tour.I don't remember you in 2006-2008 or before. I wish I could.

Yeah, and? Before the last three years, the Jets had won 4 playoff games since 1986. It's funny how only now have you had a legitimate reason to go on your chest-pumping facts tour.I don't remember you in 2006-2008 or before. I wish I could.

Actually to refresh your memory, before Santa came early, backing his 2 ton sled up in 09 to offload what could have been the biggest NFL Gift, ever, his counter-argument always had been something to the effect of "who cares how many times the Fins got to the Superbowl -or even came a game away from it compared to us cause winning it is the only thing that matters!" Now that junc's slippery slope has subtly self-servingly slid to "look how impressive we are, we've almost sniffed the SB by losing 2 championship games recently!" priorities have conveniently shifted. Can you imagine that? :idk:' Hell, he can't even concede that the division winning 08 Fins were a legitimate champion or that the 08 Baltimore version would have anihilated the 09jest in the POs, imagine how, if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be negating every aspect of the bogus 09 season if it had been the Fins that stepped in s&it by through other's knees taken, terrible playoff teams faced, and beating choking kickers despite QB's crapping the bed.

In week 8 Fitzpatrick got hit hard and legally, ( flags if he was Brady), but seriously, London Fletcher hit him clean and square breaking some ribs. Week 8 the Jets come off a bye and played against a QB who should be out of the game. Fitzpatrick tuffed out the rest of the season on a team with 17 (or there abouts) players on IR.

No excuses Junk, it happens and the team had no depth at crucial positions. So they stunk and Fitzpatrick stunk it up for the most part. We'll see what kind of a start he gets off to in week 1. Even if you feel like puking in your own mouth, you got to admit he played well enough to be called a starter prior to the Skins game.

Miami's Moore might surprise too. Hard for any QB to shine totally if they haven't got the support. I wouldn't wright the Phins off. I think letting Nolan get away will hurt Miami in the short term more than the lack of a QB. Coyle could have some growing pains.

Every player plays through injuries, Sanchez played through multiple but they PLAYED so they are judged ont he results. He faced pressure to win a semi-big game for the first time in his career against us in OP and he was BRUTAL.

Moore has done this before, w/ no pressure to win he was "great" for Carolina in 2009, opening day starter in 2010? he was awful and off the team a year later. He was terrible when he came in at 0-3 for Miami, played his first good game when they were already 0-6 and had good moments after that.

What's funny is that you can't argue that Sanchez was better than either Fitz or Moore. All you can argue is that the Jests have been better than the Bills or Fins in the last 15 years. :lol:

Wanna go back and look at the entire decade of the 1990s and see which teams were better then?

You can deny that Sanchez is in trouble but the actions of the Jests FO say otherwise. They signed a FA backup who has experience starting as a sub. Then they traded for a "backup" who ended up the starter on his previous team.

The Bills are looking at a developmental QB. The Fins drafted a rookie QB who needs a lot of time to be NFL ready. Those are moves that say the Bills and Fins are satisfied with their starters.

I can make valid arguments for both.

vs. Fitz: Threw MORE TDs, LESS INTs, led his team to MORE wins and his O to 1.3 more PPG
vs. Moore: both led teams to .500 records as starters, Sanchez was involved in playoff race not meaningless games the last 2 months and sanchez led his O to 1.2 more PPG

Ok, so when we talk about the 80s and 90s we'll be sure to discuss.

'06-'08 it had been 5-7 years btw playoff apps for Miami while the Jets had been 3 times since Miami had last made it and won 2 playoff games.

Actually to refresh your memory, before Santa came early, backing his 2 ton sled up in 09 to offload what could have been the biggest NFL Gift, ever, his counter-argument always had been something to the effect of "who cares how many times the Fins got to the Superbowl -or even came a game away from it compared to us cause winning it is the only thing that matters!" Now that junc's slippery slope has subtly self-servingly slid to "look how impressive we are, we've almost sniffed the SB by losing 2 championship games recently!" priorities have conveniently shifted. Can you imagine that? :idk:' Hell, he can't even concede that the division winning 08 Fins were a legitimate champion or that the 08 Baltimore version would have anihilated the 09jest in the POs, imagine how, if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be negating every aspect of the bogus 09 season if it had been the Fins that stepped in s&it by through other's knees taken, terrible playoff teams faced, and beating choking kickers despite QB's crapping the bed.

Your readin comprehension is off as usual. When putting aside the SB apps that was in a discussion of greatest teams of all time b/c delusional fans like yourself used to cite the "winningest team in the NFL" stuff and pretend Miami was the best franchise in the history of the sport when they weren't int he discussion. SB apps count, SB wins count, playoff apps count- they all count and Miami has been a much better franchise historically b/c of that- something I have NEVER debated BUT my point was despite all that success the "great" Miami dolphins only had one more SB win than the lowly Jets.

I only bring up '08 b/c of your '09 whining b/c any objective fan realizes you had a MUCH easier road in '08 and once in the playoffs you were humiliated while the Jets proved they belonged but you can't ge over a qtr and a half of Indy backups yet ignore 5-6 weeks of dead teams(plus no Tom Brady for a full season).

The bottom line is this- all time Miami has the edge, recent, relevant history the edge goes to the Jets w/ no signs of that changing any time soon.

actually in perspective: 2 more in the more competitive post-merger era where post season actually didn't end after 2 games.

actually in perspective: 2 more in the more competitive post-merger era where post season actually didn't end after 2 games.

You also got to beat Washington in '72(who hadn't won a postseason game since 1943 prior to '72 and wouldn't win another until 1982) and 4 time SB loser Minny in '73 while the Jets beat a team that may have been considered the best of all time had they won SB III.

Back
Top Bottom