At the 45 second mark | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At the 45 second mark

This reminds me of the throw to clay last year at the colts. I was at the game and tanny threw a bullet between 2 defenders. I couldn't believe it!

i'll be in the minority but my favorite play was one many would call basic...the late game roll out or leave the pocket where he had a defender on his back foot the entire way and just before he went out of bounds he hit clay for a 10 yard gain who uncovered late at the sideline and the defender went to ground and came up lame on the side diving at the qb...that play with that close a defender 95 percent of qbs just toss it out of bounds...this kids abilities on the move are special...full sprint across his body dime to clay between the numbers...

my favorite play...although there were many high end ones and some balls dropped or poor efforts...potential for a 5 td pass performance was there all the way sunday...they will come in time...it's all there...the scheme the qb the bookend tackles

did u guys see those high school clips of tannehill they showed of him running with the rock...good grief that was some good looking stuff...ha ha i loved it...daggers down the middle of the field for tds

Tannehill runs the read option really well....and you can tell he makes all the decisions on those plays...handoff, run or throw

That was the throw I was talking about. That was a franchise QB material throw.

I know, I know. I don't know what the working relationship between the two is but I am sure that Marino pointed Tannehill in that direction at times.
That rocket between the two defenders to (I believe it was) Wallace? A thing of beauty.

No way could Rivers or even Manning have thrown that ball with their noodle looking throws. Don't get me wrong both are incredibly skilled passers (well usually Rivers is) but I truly don't believe either could have made that throw. Probably not Brady either.

That was exciting as we got to see Wallace damn near break that one. It was somewhat similar to the one that Antonio Brown had yesterday and was able to break for the TD.

I hope your first paragraph is sarcasm. Because these are throws which define a franchise QB. My contention was always that in order to separate yourself from the pack a QB has to be able to make every throw in the book. These Lazors :lol: between the defenders are one of those defining throws (threading the needle)
While I agree with others that this was a Marinoesque throw I have seen these passes from the likes of Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Favres etc over the last 20 years and was always jealous and wondered "why them and not us".

I hope that Tannehill will continue to do these throws on a regular basis.

I thought the Clay TD throw was a thing of beauty and displayed more touch than we often see from Ryan. The bullet throw is something we've seen quite a bit of. The drop in a bucket endzone pass is arguably a much tougher throw to make and one RT hasn't always displayed.

Watching this again is literally insane. I cannot even recall a game like this since Marino. This was a elite performance by every aspect of out team and I could watch this video 30 times and never get tired of it. I'm still in shock over the total domination of a very good team.

i cant tell you how much pleasure i took in watching mnf countdown yesterday and seeing on that ticker ryan tannehill as the top qbr in the league for week 9...3rd time in 8 games he's been on that top 5 list by the way

Back
Top Bottom