At this point, Would you rather lock up Ogun or take the 1st round tender? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At this point, Would you rather lock up Ogun or take the 1st round tender?

We just pulled off a huge trade to get Ricky last year......how do you think we can afford to pull off another to get a QB?

We have to keep our draft picks and find other players aswell. This business isn't all about striking Gold every offseason, it is about finding the hidden diamonds too.

First round pick. Sorry but that's worth more then renting Ogun for one more year.

Your all delusional if you think our cap situation allows for signing Ogun. Drew isn't looking like a moron now with those numbers he's quoting. Ogun CAN get J.T. money in the open market. As it is we won't be in the same ball park with Todd Wade and we need to start thinking extension for Chris Chambers. Not to mention retooling pretty much 3 of 5 offensive line spots, deciding whether to keep Seau at inflated salary when the new regime takes over for Wanny and working out a reneg on Madison's contract, deal with 2 huge increases with our QB's among another half dozen issues.

It's not going to be pretty this offseason folks....bill collectors are coming to repossess.

Whichever way it works out guys. Don't worry. Either we keep a very good DE or we get a 1st and save enough money for John Tait.

Originally posted by Jaj
Whichever way it works out guys. Don't worry. Either we keep a very good DE or we get a 1st and save enough money for John Tait.

Honestly I'd hope for a 10-15 1st rounder and with the 2 first rounders take the best offensive linemen on the boards and the 2nd one take the best WR left. Try to give our QB more time, Ricky better holes and someone who can burn teams for 8 men in the box on Ricky.

If we can get the first and third round picks for him and they're good picks, it was great knowing you, Wale.

You can't have everything you want just because you want it, and the money we'd have to pay him to keep him is as big a factor as the need to gain a reasonably high first round pick for a true need position.

In the past two years the only players with more sacks than Ogunleye are Taylor, Rice, Freeney, Rucker, & Strahan. That's one hell of a group.

I think we're gonna place the 1st & 3rd round tender of $800,000 on Ogunleye. That'll make teams like Buffalo, Washington, & Houston think twice about signing him to an offer sheet.

I don't know to tell you the truth. We are in cap trouble next year. Don't know how bad. Clump alert....

Tell me Clump what our cap status looks like. I know the FAs but not the status itself. Please consider it as we have cut B.G. after March 1, not paying his big bonus.

1. We are still in control of the Ogun situation. We DEFINITELY put the first and third tender tag on him. We can sign him one more year for cheap(SMad says $800,000). He probably wouldn't be too happy, but that's the breaks you get sometimes. We take a chance in RFA, but would be fairly compensated. Remember we still have D-Bo who was expected to play alot, if not start this year. He would probably be an able replacement.
2. We sign him to a long term deal with a big signing bonus and low early salaries. Huzienga doesn't seem to spend nearly the money other owners do with bonuses though. The salary cap can always be manipulated. We were like 26th this year in actual money paid for salaries. Several teams spent $20 MILLION MORE THAN US this year!!!
We can also restructure a few deals with current players. I love the Prince, and he could very well lead the league in sacks this year (he is tied for the lead right now). I'd hate to lose him, but you can't have everything.
3. I don't think Sage is the future. I have no problems with Fiedler for a year or two. There are a lot of great QB prospects in next years draft. I would love to get one to groom. We have NO CHANCE at drafting Eli Manning. He is a lock top 3 pick. Top 3 picks cost MAJOR $$$$$ anyhow. No team with a top seven pick would make an offer to Ogun that would cost them their first, let alone first and third picks. Eli Manning won't be the best QB in the class anyhow. PHILIP RIVERS WILL BE THE NEXT GREAT NFL QB. MARK MY WORDS. We can get him cheaper and with a much lower pick (mid to late first rounder). We need to do everything possible to get this guy. over 4,000 yards passing, 71% completion%, 29 tds only 7 ints!!! This guy didn't have much of an O-line either. He has the quickest release I've seen since "the Man" himself. He will be GREAT!!!
Basically, if we get Rivers and lose the Prince I would definitely be satisfied, because I think the team that gets him will have the best QB in the league in a few years. Plus, we still have D-Bo.

I also would rather find an experienced tackle (RT) through free agency. I don't want another rookie forced to start early. I don't think our line will be in that bad of shape next year. They're young now, that's the main problem. Next year W. Smith will be better (LT), McKinney is solid (C or G), and I believe Yates will be ready (G). Between Perry, Ruddy, Jerman, Whitley, Dixon and Nails one of our other spots will be filled. Dixon and Nails have both been affected by injuries this year. Todd Wade can either leave or sign cheap. Let someone else overpay for him. He's not that good (this year his play is pretty bad).

Originally posted by BATMAN
Ogun is the best pass rusher on this team.. Keep him...but
look for a qb for the future...

Wrong.

Jason Taylor is the best pass rusher on this team, JT is probably the best Defensive player on our team.

Don't let a few sacks fool you, O-Gun has got the numbers cuz the opposing offensive line knows JT has got the skillz.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and he has a bright future but he is no Jason Taylor - yet.......

Gentlemen, without a doubt,i wud say trade him.The phins desperately need to improve that O line.The best o lineman go early in the draft.With a strong O line the phins "cud stick Norv Turner in as qb"
and do well especially with the corps of young recieving talent the phins have.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Wrong.

Jason Taylor is the best pass rusher on this team, JT is probably the best Defensive player on our team.

Don't let a few sacks fool you, O-Gun has got the numbers cuz the opposing offensive line knows JT has got the skillz.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and he has a bright future but he is no Jason Taylor - yet.......

I agree 100%.If JT got single coverage all the time he'd probaly be leading the league again.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom